Ivory Joint Schon Tributes

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So after all this confusion. Is there any spots for this cue still available?

Sent from handheld iOS Device.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
the Schon tribute will look a lot like the Petersen picture.

No rounded points will be visible.
The ivory joint will be visible,beautiful and function as it should to assure you of the same hit that you have come to love from Schon

AZ voters chose Schon,Scruggs and South West as the 3very best hitting cues.Everyone else received fewer votes including some hall of famers.

More tournament victories have been won with Schon cues than any other.

Verl Horn,a very well known cue maker,who provided parts for Gus,Jerry Franklin,and many other cue makers ,once told a very picky customer who was picking at his cues

"Son,this is a custom cue,naturally you will see little imperfection,if you want something perfect,"go buy a Schon"

Jerry Franklin told me that there is more cue for the money in a Schon than he thought possible.

Why some of these pundits are complaining that Schon is as highly valued for hit and quality as a Gina or Searing troubles me........(I am merely using the names they used)

I am not willing to concede that anyone makes a better playing cue,or even a prettier one,or higher quality

When these ivory jointed cues are delivered,I think all of you will see the prettiest, best hitting cue you ever had

As to the hit of the ivory,Schon is not trying to improve their hit,but to maintain the same great playability that you guys love.

Of course,as Kevin was so kind as to point out,I am "Schon's pitchman" therefore you would expect me to say such things.

It might be appropriate to point out that i have had South west Cues,Szambotis and you can view my Pete Tonkin in the gallery,along with my Paul Drexler gambling mouse

I make no apology for putting schon in the same elite company as these others.

The only complaint, these people have, is that Schon is so efficient that they can provide top quality at reasonable prices so the average working man can play with the same quality cue that Johnny Archer won those tournaments with.

I am putting my reputation on this ivory jointed Schon, I believe it will be one of the nicest cues ever made.For beauty and performance.

I am proud to be associated with Schon in this project,even if only as a "pitchman"

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
the Schon tribute will look a lot like the Petersen picture.

No rounded points will be visible.
The ivory joint will be visible,beautiful and function as it should to assure you of the same hit that you have come to love from Schon

AZ voters chose Schon,Scruggs and South West as the 3very best hitting cues.Everyone else received fewer votes including some hall of famers.

More tournament victories have been won with Schon cues than any other.

Verl Horn,a very well known cue maker,who provided parts for Gus,Jerry Franklin,and many other cue makers ,once told a very picky customer who was picking at his cues

"Son,this is a custom cue,naturally you will see little imperfection,if you want something perfect,"go buy a Schon"

Jerry Franklin told me that there is more cue for the money in a Schon than he thought possible.

Why some of these pundits are complaining that Schon is as highly valued for hit and quality as a Gina or Searing troubles me........(I am merely using the names they used)

I am not willing to concede that anyone makes a better playing cue,or even a prettier one,or higher quality

When these ivory jointed cues are delivered,I think all of you will see the prettiest, best hitting cue you ever had

As to the hit of the ivory,Schon is not trying to improve their hit,but to maintain the same great playability that you guys love.

Of course,as Kevin was so kind as to point out,I am "Schon's pitchman" therefore you would expect me to say such things.

It might be appropriate to point out that i have had South west Cues,Szambotis and you can view my Pete Tonkin in the gallery,along with my Paul Drexler gambling mouse

I make no apology for putting schon in the same elite company as these others.

The only complaint, these people have, is that Schon is so efficient that they can provide top quality at reasonable prices so the average working man can play with the same quality cue that Johnny Archer won those tournaments with.

I am putting my reputation on this ivory jointed Schon, I believe it will be one of the nicest cues ever made.For beauty and performance.

I am proud to be associated with Schon in this project,even if only as a "pitchman"

Dean

Sounds like a great cue. Can't wait until people get them and start showing them.

It seems that you possibly took my referring to you as a pitchman in a negative way. Sorry if you did, it certainly wasn't my intent. I've been in sales my whole life and I don't see a guy that can pitch something in any way as a negative, and quite enjoy your unique and successful style with cues.

Thanks

Kevin

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
I read a post asking about solid ivory joints.....only deanoc can answer you for sure but in all probablity, the joint will be piloted ivory to accomodate Schon's piloted joint design.....and as far as sharp ponts, don't plan on it because Schon uses CNC cuts since the early 90's (sans Bob Runde).........doesn't mean it won''t happen but plan on CNC points and you won't be disappointed if the cue came with mitred veneers.

As far as deanoc rep goes, he's a icon and if you have any doubts, then buy a cue somewhere else........these Schon project cues are entirely deanoc's idea and he's done a great job so far with all of the other Schon Tribute cues......these ivory joint Schon will be the same.....a classy cue.

In fact, I'm so sure that these cues will be so enticing that my name is now on deano's list for one of these cues.........look for more details to follow from deanoc as this project moves forward........last word I had from deanoc was that ther joint will be Schon's piloted 5/16x14 joint set in ivory with a steel collar surrounding the ivory........deanoc refrred to this cue joint (piloted ivory joint with steel collar) as a design that Dennis Searing has used.

In any event, these cues are almost sold out according to my count of the posts claiming to be on the list........there's only 1-2 cues left......but remember, saying you're on the list is easy....all you have to do is type the words like I'm doing right now.......but it really doesn't count until deanoc receives your downpayment........so get him the money if you hope to get in on this cue.....if someone else beats you to the punch and sends in their downpayment ahead of yours. you could miss out entirely getting one of these cues since the number of cues won't be increased to accomodate another 1-2 additional cues......it's a limited run and if you really want one of these cues, get your downpayment to deanoc right away.

Matt B.

I'm assuming all WHITE in cue is Ivory Correct !

Thanks

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
the butt cap is delrin ,like most cue makers of the era used

the very same delrin that you were so pleased with on the bushka tributes

as you fellas know schon offers a multitude of options in leather or linen,shaft length etc

that is why i like to speak with each of you personally

just had a famous cue maker call to buy one,he said its the prettiest cue he ever saw

he will be posting later,you might want to check in ever so often

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
the butt cap is delrin ,like most cue makers of the era used

the very same delrin that you were so pleased with on the bushka tributes

as you fellas know schon offers a multitude of options in leather or linen,shaft length etc

that is why i like to speak with each of you personally

just had a famous cue maker call to buy one,he said its the prettiest cue he ever saw

he will be posting later,you might want to check in ever so often

Hi-Dean
I know what the cue cost without any options but I think you should post options that are available for it and how much to upgrade the cue !, Even if you don't want to post the price of the cue Please let us know the upgrades and prices so we know what a complete cue is to cost :thumbup:

Leather - linen
Joint Protectors
weight bolts
what is ivory and what isn't
ferrule options
shafts, how many ? what sizes ?
tips

This to me is the most secretive cue buy I've ever seen :rolleyes:

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tribute cue

Dean,
As per our conversation I am sending my deposit for the tribute cue.
I have always thought this is one of the best looking cues ever. As I told
you we made two cues similar to this and John Wright bought both of
them and said it was his favorite design. I agree with you about Schon.
They do fantastic work and consistent from cue to cue.
Thanks jack
PS: As always I am available for a modest price to try out any cues you
have. Written evaluation slightly more.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
Thanks to Jack Potter,one of the 2 cue makers of the Libra cues
that are so highly regarded today

I appreciate your purchase but the offered services are not necessary at this time.
Jack was somewhat of a prodigy back in the 60's,running over 100 balls when no one else was running a dozen

I had forgotten that Jack had used this design and sold the cues to John Wright

I am happy that Jack will be among the owners of this fine Schon Tribute

PS Jack does not really test cues or give written reports,
he is jibing me

all of you Libra fans can reach jack now

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
i don't have any hoppe stlyle left
;but i am about to get back both balabushkas tribute
1 of each

call me if you are interested in one of those
i believe it is still new un hit

dean

214 477 7323

Last edited:

poolfreakz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dean, please drop me a PM. I am interested in building this schon with ivory joint. Has been a die hard schon fan.