Rules to rotation phillipino style?

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know all the rules but it would appear that slop counts, from all the youtube videos I've seen anyway.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Sometimes slop counts sometimes it dont. Just depends on what the players agree to.

As for the rules, rule #1 bawal ang tama bola!

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Full rack
Balls must be made in order
Each ball is worth the point number the of the ball (i.e. 1 ball is 1 point, 13 ball is 13 points)
First to get to 61 points wins
3 foul rule is in effect
Slop does count
If you scratch and make a ball, that ball is spotted. (At least in the rules I've played by)

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Adding "Call Shot" to the rules would remove that from the equation.

15 Ball Rotation is a great game, I hope it makes a comeback.

I even like playing 9 Ball Rotation where the points decide the winner. It's a quicker game.

Playing 8 Ball rotation is fun too (outside in or inside out) adds a little spice to the game.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Agree on all four counts

Adding "Call Shot" to the rules would remove that from the equation.

15 Ball Rotation is a great game, I hope it makes a comeback.

I even like playing 9 Ball Rotation where the points decide the winner. It's a quicker game.

Playing 8 Ball rotation is fun too (outside in or inside out) adds a little spice to the game.

Agree. Agree. Agree. Agree!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about the live ball being either the highes or lowest on the table...?

Do the big boys play like that, or is it just the bangers around me?

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Full rack
Each ball is worth the point number the of the ball (i.e. 1 ball is 1 point, 13 ball is 13 points)
3 foul rule is in effect
Slop does count
If you scratch and make a ball, that ball is spotted. (At least in the rules I've played by)

Another great money game is called CHicago...Just like rotation with a few twists......1,5,8,10,15 are all money balls....so if you have lets say 4 people playing,,,,,,,you draw for order of play...balls pocketed in rotation, who ever gets one of the money balls gets a buck from each player. at the end of the rack add up the face value points of balls you pocketed, who ever has highest points each rack also gets a buck from each player.......great game so its 6 points per rack if you get them all.......( you can play for any amount per money ball)

Vyc

╭∩╮(︶︿&#650
Silver Member
Another great money game is called CHicago...Just like rotation with a few twists......1,5,8,10,15 are all money balls....so if you have lets say 4 people playing,,,,,,,you draw for order of play...balls pocketed in rotation, who ever gets one of the money balls gets a buck from each player. at the end of the rack add up the face value points of balls you pocketed, who ever has highest points each rack also gets a buck from each player.......great game so its 6 points per rack if you get them all.......( you can play for any amount per money ball)

We also do all ODD balls are money balls. And if you sink all the ODD balls (money balls), everyone owes you DOUBLE!!

jaycast16

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Full rack
3 foul rule is in effect
Slop does count

just want to make a correction.there is no 3 foul rule in rotation.if failed to hit the object ball,shooter has option to leave it as it is or spot the ball and cue ball anywhere behind the line.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I would prefer 15ball if it were played like 10ball. I don't need to be doing math... making the balls is hard enough.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
just want to make a correction.there is no 3 foul rule in rotation.if failed to hit the object ball,shooter has option to leave it as it is or spot the ball and cue ball anywhere behind the line.

correct. if you attempt to do a safety shot and the safety shot is successful, your opponent would declare "spot". the object ball would then be spotted then you shoot it with the CB anywhere behind the line.

what most people practice/develop in 15-ball rotation is shooting a "spotted" object ball, and doing carom or combination shots to shoot the higher balls.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
All your skills come into play in 15 ball rotation. Combo's, banks, caroms, safes, kicking (no jump cues), 3 cushion. I wish Efern and Busta would put on a show somewhere in the states...like TAR. Then if you've never seen it played by top players you'd be in for a suprise. When you run a rack of 15 ball rotation you've done something. Too many are worried about whats good for TV. I say build the streams up first and it will sell to tv fast. Johnnyt

Pangit

Banned
All your skills come into play in 15 ball rotation. Combo's, banks, caroms, safes, kicking (no jump cues), 3 cushion. I wish Efern and Busta would put on a show somewhere in the states...like TAR. Then if you've never seen it played by top players you'd be in for a suprise. When you run a rack of 15 ball rotation you've done something. Too many are worried about whats good for TV. I say build the streams up first and it will sell to tv fast. Johnnyt

I agree, that's why the Pinoy's are who they are. The problem is, what are the rules? It's as bastardized as 8 ball? Serious 61 with world standardized rules....I'd pay to watch that...one game might take awhile though:confused:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I agree, that's why the Pinoy's are who they are. The problem is, what are the rules? It's as bastardized as 8 ball? Serious 61 with world standardized rules....I'd pay to watch that...one game might take awhile though:confused:

From what I see watching it on streams played for money by top players in the PI, they play it by 10-ball rules. I like to watch this version of it. Johnnyt

Pangit

Banned
From what I see watching it on streams played for money by top players in the PI, they play it by 10-ball rules. I like to watch this version of it. Johnnyt

What about some sort of DCC type a tourney with Rotation, Banks and One Pocket... I'm sure the Pinoy's would dominate. No mainstream games...ESPN probably wouldn't like? But I'd watch it all day/night long. Jim Wyche and MarK Wilson commentating:grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

I'd need an IV.:thumbup: