Which is Your Ball Set of Choice?

Which Ball Set Do You Like Best?

• Total voters

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Pretty sure Brunswick Centennials are made by Arimith.....
...stacking the deck?

I'm satisfied by Arimith (except for how the measle wears)....
...but I haven't tried Cyclop...my instincts say the complaints about them are the same
as ANY new set....they play better when broken in.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Pretty sure Brunswick Centennials are made by Arimith.....
...stacking the deck?

I'm satisfied by Arimith (except for how the measle wears)....
...but I haven't tried Cyclop...my instincts say the complaints about them are the same
as ANY new set....they play better when broken in.
I know that they both built by Saluc but still curious as to what people prefer, I actually like the Aramith over the Brunswick.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I know that they both built by Saluc but still curious as to what people prefer, I actually like the Aramith over the Brunswick.

Okay, I'll go for that.....I prefer the traditional Centennials.
I also have a set of IPT balls which play great....pretty sure they're made by Arimith.

JC

Coos Cues
Okay, I'll go for that.....I prefer the traditional Centennials.
I also have a set of IPT balls which play great....pretty sure they're made by Arimith.

I own one set of all the balls in this thread. They play the same. Only the cue ball changes anything.

JC

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I own one set of all the balls in this thread. They play the same. Only the cue ball changes anything.

JC

You are fully qualified to vote, then.
I gotta get a set of Cyclop

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I'll go with the original Centennials but you didn't list Albany Billiard Ball Co as a choice. That's my pick and I'm sticking with it! :p

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
If you voted anything other than "I play with whatever" it would truly only be fair if you have played with all of the choices in the poll. I just had to throw that out there.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
If you voted anything other than "I play with whatever" it would truly only be fair if you have played with all of the choices in the poll. I just had to throw that out there.

I agree people should give them all a try before voting. I personally have tried them all as the room I play out of has sets of each. People say the Aramith and Centennials are the same but they seem different to me, I actually like the Cyclop over them but I use the red circle cue ball with the Cyclop as I don't like the raised eye. :)

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Raschig balls were the nuts and gave every other set the 7 and the breaks.

Lou Figueroa

JC

Coos Cues
I'll go with the original Centennials but you didn't list Albany Billiard Ball Co as a choice. That's my pick and I'm sticking with it! :p

I also own a set of them. Or at least some old ones. Back when the color was dark and rich. They skid like hell once they get just a little bit dirty.

In the words of Billy Joel, "the good old days weren't always good"

JC

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I thought Raschig balls were the nuts and gave every other set the 7 and the breaks.

Lou Figueroa

In the 1989 Trade Show, Rashig tested better on a spherical micrometer
than any other ball. World legal is no more that five one-thousandths off
round. Raschig was two one-thousandths off round.......
....EXCEPT when a number or stripe was crossed...jumped to four.
....still within legal.

When Saluc bought Super Christalate and combined technologies, years
later, the Arimith STAYED within two one-thousandths even crossing a
stripe or number.

So the numberless 9-ball set was real good, except for the nine.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Lenny, maybe this poll won't give an accurate result !

I never played with Cyclops and I have to think many have never seen them.

I can't vote, and maybe many more can't bring themselves to decide !

:groucho:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I currently play with all three types. The cyclops set that I play with, does not have the eye on the cue ball it has a large diamond.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lenny, maybe this poll won't give an accurate result !

I never played with Cyclops and I have to think many have never seen them.

I can't vote, and maybe many more can't bring themselves to decide !

:groucho:

I agree...2 of them our the same balls and how many people played with cyclops who voted is a good question. I voted I play with whatever as Ive played with all 3 and own 2.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
I prefer anything by Saluc, either Aramith or Centennials and don't believe they play differently. I gave the Cyclops a whirl for several weeks, thanks but no thanks, I'll take a pass on them.

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have all three sets, I weighed the cyclop balls when I got them and got 169 grams on 15 of the 16, one was 168 grams. They do stay cleaner than the others. I played banks at the derby last year and it seemed they did not take the english like I was used to, which is why I bought a set. If that is the ball they are using I need to adjust.
I like the centennials best, but that is just my personal choice. I do not miss cleaning them.

I went back and found my notes, the cue ball was 2.2 grams heavier at 170.2.

Last edited: