Banking on Diamond vs Gold Crown

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Two announcers kept saying "that bank goes on this Diamond table but not on Gold Crown" yesterday.
One of them owns a Diamond table.

What's the difference?

kujuj

Banned
Two announcers kept saying "that bank goes on this Diamond table but not on Gold Crown" yesterday.

What's the difference?

Just get a Diamond...best table out there. Are gold crowns still in production?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes Diamond bank shorter, even on new Diamonds(blue labels).

Not anymore difficult as they play very consistent. I think playing all week on GC's did effect Dennis some.

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gold Crowns

Bank better but the shelf makes a word of difference,hardly no pro's make there videos on the tough Diamonds.Wonder why??

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would one example is the side bank where the cb is higher than ob, but you can't cross the cb in front of ob after contact and make the ball...you have to 'hold' the ob, or stiffen up the angle.

You can hold/ stiffen to a greater degree on a diamond.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Are gold crowns still in production?
Of course.
Yes. The GC5 is out.
Since 2007 maybe?
oh cool...I will check it out.
Wait for the GCVI.

From a 2010 AzB Thread ***Not My Post***
04-08-2010
I got a Gold Crown V Tournament Edition last summer.

Next month, one of the AZ magic mechanics will be coming by to make it right.
From Brunswick.....
The pockets on the head end are 1/8-inch bigger than those on the foot end.
The side pockets vary by 1/8 inch at the point and 1/4 inch at the throat.
Some of the pocket castings need to be fitted; the factory fit is unacceptable and hazardous to the finish on a cue.

Additionally, the angles and facings will be changed to the same as the Diamond pro cut pockets.

Don't get the idea I don't like the table - it's great. Brunswick just has some serious problems with the quality control of the fit. When the changes are made, I expect to have as perfect a table as you can get.

The best thing you can do is to have one of the experts here set up the table, and you'll be satisfied.

Last edited:

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What's the difference?

Hi Joey,

I have a 9ft Diamond and one bank in particular that comes out much shorter is a 2 railer which comes up often in 1 pocket. When you are hitting the object ball up table and it goes 2 rails toward your hole.
A Brunswick will go longer than the Diamond.
There are a few more banks also that just come up on a shorter angle than the Brunswicks.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like how GC tables bank, while diamond construction and level system are second to none, I think a nice CG plays better. Less frustration with position and banking. All the Diamonds I played on had too much juice off the cushions for my taste. Plus that smack of the ball going into the pocket is like nothing else in the business.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like how GC tables bank, while diamond construction and level system are second to none, I think a nice CG plays better. Less frustration with position and banking. All the Diamonds I played on had too much juice off the cushions for my taste. Plus that smack of the ball going into the pocket is like nothing else in the business.

If you didn't try to smack the ball into the back of the pocket, maybe you could change your name from "hang the 9".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Waiting for the 6 might just cost him a decade.

Of course.

Since 2007 maybe?

Wait for the GCVI.

From a 2010 AzB Thread ***Not My Post***
04-08-2010
I got a Gold Crown V Tournament Edition last summer.

Next month, one of the AZ magic mechanics will be coming by to make it right.
From Brunswick.....
The pockets on the head end are 1/8-inch bigger than those on the foot end.
The side pockets vary by 1/8 inch at the point and 1/4 inch at the throat.
Some of the pocket castings need to be fitted; the factory fit is unacceptable and hazardous to the finish on a cue.

Additionally, the angles and facings will be changed to the same as the Diamond pro cut pockets.

Don't get the idea I don't like the table - it's great. Brunswick just has some serious problems with the quality control of the fit. When the changes are made, I expect to have as perfect a table as you can get.

The best thing you can do is to have one of the experts here set up the table, and you'll be satisfied.

TheMadScientist

Justin Richardson
Silver Member
It mostly comes down to if you are banking like a one pocket player or a bank pool player. One pocket banks come off true on a Diamond and long on a GC. Bank pool banks(stiff banks) come off very tight on a Diamond and true on a gold crown.