show me your WAYNE HOLMES cUES

durhamcueist

Brandon W
Silver Member
I have 3 of Wayne's beautiful cues and he is making a fourth and a fifth is planned this summer. Let me see what you got!!!

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first of his wide point design

kt016.jpg

kt013.jpg

kt003.jpg

and my other one with his stainless steel joint

trip016.jpg

trip015.jpg

cue002.jpg

Cue Freak

Why the stupid man suit?
Silver Member
Well I've got two but I can't post the pics while I'm at work...damn firewall...:D Anyway I'll post them when I get home. Wayne makes a great cue!!

Matt

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Nice cues.

My first custom cue EVER was a cue from Wayne. The ONLY cue I've owned that has consistantly survived the ever changing collection.

It's also helped in that Wayne is a fantastic guy to deal with. He and Pat are wonderful people, and very much like family to me.

In all, I've owned 4 of his cues...and each one was flat-out awesome!!

I'll snap some pics this weekend of my custom Wayne cue, and post 'em up.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes the white is ivory.

Its sometimes hard to believe that Wayne doesn't get more attention here in the States. His work is masterful and his communication skills and business practices are second to none.

Cue Freak

Why the stupid man suit?
Silver Member
Bishop said:
Yes the white is ivory.

Its sometimes hard to believe that Wayne doesn't get more attention here in the States. His work is masterful and his communication skills and business practices are second to none.

Agreed! It's a shame really...everyone I let shoot with mine has had nothing but great things to say about it.

thediamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome cue Dave. Wayne has made me quite a few cues over the years and everyone of them (...and I mean everyone) played exactly how I wanted it to. The hit, the width, the construction, the shafts...everything. Wayne is like family to me and we have shared some great times. Even if you are not clear with what you need out of a cue, he can help you. Ordering a cue from Wayne is a painless, pleasing process. His communication is nigh on perfect (probably too perfect in Pat's eyes, lol!) and the finished product is always spectacular. I can't speak highly enough of this great man. I know Jason is going to be just as happy when his arrives.

I can't list all the cues Wayne has made me but this one is very special to me. It is ebony with 8 points of ebony, tulipwood recuts, tulipwood and sterling silver ringwork, ivory joint and ivory butt cap, leather wrap. Next to it is a James White and a Szamboti.
ebonycollect10Medium.jpg

ebonycollect11Medium.jpg

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very very unique design the both of you.

I tell you I've been keeping track of my table time with both cues and at about the 300 hour mark the cue really started to settle in. I noticed a more pronounced "dink" or "dunk" to it. When comparing the two cues, with my first having nearly triple the time on it, I noticed a little more feedback.....positive feedback not vibration.

I also had Wayne convert a very inexpensive Viper house cue for my brother in law......for some reason he just loved that $15 one piece. It came out great with gorgeous rings and a killer shaft. Plays nearly as well as his originals.

I have a Titlist I just picked up. As soon as I get some funds together I'm going to ask if he'd be interested in doing the conversion. Hopefully he's game to it.

I'll buy other cue makers cues but as far as having someone make me a custom I don't see myself going with anyone else. He's just too good at transfering my ideas into finished product.

wizardnblue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not the greatest pictures in the world, but it's a quailty cue that I enjoy hitting.

Attachments

• wayne1.JPG
    wayne1.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 472
  • wayne2.JPG
    wayne2.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 414

thediamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave Mackay said:
Yippee!!!!!! M wayne is here and looks great!!!!!!

He, he!! Great moments when postie turns up with a new package. My place, tonight! Bring the cue (s)....or are we having a game?

Si

Greatblzofire

Neil Olsen Custom Cues
Silver Member
Mine should arrive next week

Here is a preliminary pick that Wayne sent me to help decide on a wrap. I went with the black leather lizard print. It is a little hard to see in the pic, but this is an Ebony cue with six points alternating amboyna burl and birdseye maple. The inlays still need to be put in and the wrap and finish applied. I will post final pics once it is done.

NEIL WRAP CHOICES 002.jpg