show me your WAYNE HOLMES cUES

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
It was Wayne Holmes' wood descriptions page that brought me to his site several years ago when I first started thinking about a custom cue. I wasn't able to find anybody who had experience with his cues, so I decided to look elsewhere. A few days ago I went to his site again and read a British interview that discussed his renown father (why hadn't I heard of him?) and described his cues as being first rate hitters and lookers. Between that article and this thread, now I want one. I'm looking to have a cue made, so I just might post my own pictures soon.

Last edited:

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just sent a Titlist to Wayne today. Hopefully we can do something good with it. He also told me he's doing some butterfly work here in a couple of weeks. I'm curious to see the end results of that.

wayfastwhitey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is My Wayne :)

Here is my GREAT cue! It was my first custom and I still love playing with it, I actually lived near wayne and met with him. the whole experiene was great and i made a new friend also, He is a class act. I picked out all the work and it plays jam up!!

Attachments

• DSCN1631.JPG
    DSCN1631.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 640

shortshooter

Registered
My First Custom

Mr Holmes is making my first Custom Cue at the moment.

It will be awesome.

We designed it together, me saying what I'd like and Wayne letting me know what he could do.
Excellent experience!
A great Guy to deal with.

It is gonna have Ivory in all the right places, also in the 4 long points.
4 more short points in snakewood.

I'll post some pics when it's done.
For now check out the progress pics on my site.

http://www.jondavies.co.uk/jdwaynecue.html

Last edited:

Detlev Rackow

Barbox addict
Silver Member
Dave Mackay said:

Wow, it's even more amazing to see these burl "veneers" when I think about the fact that Wayne does recuts instead of normal veneers. That's really an effort to achieve maximum quality. The burl in the recuts looks just great :)

Regards,

Detlev

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats an awesome price. You should click the quote button and copy my text and paste it in a new thread in for sale forum. Should sell quick at a price like that.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice piece I have a very similar Wayne. I was the Guinea Pig for his traditional wide point design. It took us awile to get the veneers colors right. I see you went with his SS joint. How does that feel I have a conversion he's doing for me right now and it'll have that joint.

kt013.jpg

Last edited:

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Gorgeous cue, Simon. I love the looks of the cue, and Wayne is one of the best guys in the biz. He's such a great person to talk to and deal with, and I've always enjoyed hearing about how he and Pat are doing.

If you ever decide to let it go, please let me know. Every cue I've had Wayne make for me had the radial pin...and my favorite joint config is the piloted steel. I'd love to own yours!!! :) :)

Thanks to Bishop, too, for reposting pics of yours. Again, a gorgeous cue from a great guy.

Mark

thediamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Mark

Yeah its a pretty number. He has made a handful of traditional cues and all featured the radial pin. I like the hit of that joint but my preference is also for the piloted stainless steel with 5/16-14 pin. Can't let this one go buddy, its a keeper but he is currently making me another one with the same spec, just different wood.....will pm you when it comes.

Bishop....it plays like my Tascarella. Not a bad compliment. Wayne is a great guy and a great cuemaker. People should look him up on his website (www.waynecustomcues.com)

The_Mole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Latest Wayne cue - well kind of...

After selling this Wayne cue like a mad man having a rush of blood to the head I finally got it back.

Simple burl handled cue with ivory joint and radial pin. It's a real players cue and has an outstanding hit.

http://www.geocities.com/mole247/burlcue.htm

Simple but a real star of a cue in my opinion.