Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Mike Massey by Meucci Pool Cue

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Mike Massey by Meucci Pool Cue
Old
  (#1)
BigRigTom
AzB Silver Member
BigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via AIM to BigRigTom Send a message via Yahoo to BigRigTom Send a message via Skype™ to BigRigTom 
Mike Massey by Meucci Pool Cue - 08-20-2007, 09:43 AM

I am still trying to get information on the "Mike Massey by Meucci" pool cue a fried purchased on EBay.

I posted a tread on here a while back but got very little response, here is a link to that original thread if anyone cares to see the pictures.

Need Help Id'ing a "Mike Massey by Meucci" poo cue

I wrote to Mike Massey and also to Meucci directly via their email addresses but so far neither of them have responded.

Appreciate anyone insite on this cue. It looks pretty old like maybe 1970 to 1980's somewhere and it really does play great!

Life is Great especially when you consider the other option!
Playing Cue : Viking VX 10 19.5 oz.
Break Cue: Scorpion SCO30 19.0 oz. with Phenolic Tip

The Bat Forum = A Billiards and Trucking Related Discussion Forum & it's Free to all!

www.BigRigToys.com
www.TruckLoadMatch.com
http://bigrigtom.blogspot.com

Old
  (#2)
Gregg
AzB Silver Member
Gregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2007, 11:31 AM

If I'm not mistaken, this is no less than your third thread on this exact subject and cue.

If you keep asking the same thing, your "friend" is going to get the same response.

What more information specifically are you looking for? Maybe someone will seem to be more forthcoming, if you know what I mean.

Playing Cue: Samsara w/matched 314 (aka "Predator Cheat Stick") Sniper Tip
Jump/Break Cue: Sledgehammer
Hours of Pool: Whatever is fun for me, about 10

Old
  (#3)
Subsonic2u
No wonder I can't shoot
Subsonic2u has a reputation beyond reputeSubsonic2u has a reputation beyond reputeSubsonic2u has a reputation beyond reputeSubsonic2u has a reputation beyond reputeSubsonic2u has a reputation beyond reputeSubsonic2u has a reputation beyond reputeSubsonic2u has a reputation beyond reputeSubsonic2u has a reputation beyond reputeSubsonic2u has a reputation beyond reputeSubsonic2u has a reputation beyond reputeSubsonic2u has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2007, 12:24 PM

In the 70s and 80s Meucci had a series to commerate many of the pool greats. Including Mike Massey, Earl Strickland, Mike Seigle, Larry Hubbart, Jim Rempe, Buddy Hall, David Howard, etc. Some had one model with their name and others had many. The Q u have with the name Mike Massey is the same as the model 80-2 and 84-2 as seen in the links below. The model was started in the late 70s and ran thru the 80s. Yours has the older style rubber bumper indicating it is from the late 70s. Depending upon condition, it's value would run from a lo of 250 to a hi of 375+-. Back then, I'm told that more pros shot with Meucci cues than all other cues put together. I do know that Mike Massey used Meucci cues then. If u are thinking that this was Mike's personal Q, I doubt it. Many were made. Are there any specific questions?

The most rare and famous of the "signature" cues is probably the Earl Strickland "Frog" cue. Very unique and rare. I am fortunate to have one in my collection and hope to someday get Earl to autograph it.

http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-80-series.htm
http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-84-series.htm
Charlie

Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets YOU. Notice I said YOU, and not me.
Confucius say: better to look down at grass than to look up at roots. Proud to b a Houleigan
Subsonic2u@aol.com

Last edited by Subsonic2u; 08-20-2007 at 12:36 PM.

Old
  (#4)
Jack Flanagan
P. T. Barnum was right !
Jack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 900

08-20-2007, 12:31 PM

call Meucci Cues, you will get even less of a response.......

haven't tried to call them in a while, but have never gotten an answer out of them..... j

'cause crazy unkle jackie sez so !

cue: a bunch of 'em
hours: 3 to 12, 7 days a week
www.internationalcuemakers.com

www.jimboarmy.com

Old
  (#5)
BigRigTom
AzB Silver Member
BigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond reputeBigRigTom has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to BigRigTom Send a message via Yahoo to BigRigTom Send a message via Skype™ to BigRigTom 
08-20-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonic2u
In the 70s and 80s Meucci had a series to commerate many of the pool greats. Including Mike Massey, Earl Strickland, Mike Seigle, Larry Hubbart, Jim Rempe, Buddy Hall, David Howard, etc. Some had one model with their name and others had many. The Q u have with the name Mike Massey is the same as the model 80-2 and 84-2 as seen in the links below. The model was started in the late 70s and ran thru the 80s. Yours has the older style rubber bumper indicating it is from the late 70s. Depending upon condition, it's value would run from a lo of 250 to a hi of 375+-. Back then, I'm told that more pros shot with Meucci cues than all other cues put together. I do know that Mike Massey used Meucci cues then. If u are thinking that this was Mike's personal Q, I doubt it. Many were made. Are there any specific questions?

The most rare and famous of the "signature" cues is probably the Earl Strickland "Frog" cue. Very unique and rare. I am fortunate to have one in my collection and hope to someday get Earl to autograph it.

http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-80-series.htm
http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-84-series.htm
Charlie

This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
Thank you ever so much.
As for the other poster's asking if I have a specific question the answer is NO!
I wasn't even sure what questions to ask to get the above info, as lease you have the intelligence to respond with the exact answers anyway. My friend is NOT looking to sell the cue, he merely wants to know and understand what a jewel he has and be able to confidently bragg about those qualities and attributes.
My friend and I truly appreciate your knowledge and you willingness to share it.
Maybe someday I will be able to do as even close to as much for someone else.

Life is Great especially when you consider the other option!
Playing Cue : Viking VX 10 19.5 oz.
Break Cue: Scorpion SCO30 19.0 oz. with Phenolic Tip

The Bat Forum = A Billiards and Trucking Related Discussion Forum & it's Free to all!

www.BigRigToys.com
www.TruckLoadMatch.com
http://bigrigtom.blogspot.com

Last edited by BigRigTom; 08-20-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: