3rd eye stroke trainer

Org. Creole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone use the third eye? If so what was your results? I would just like some feedback on what to expect if I use one. Thanks everyone.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I used it, and still do. I discovered that I could only see center correctly from my left eye (non-dominant). After I used it for a while, I think it definitely helped my game. It's fairly inexpensive. I keep it in my case all the time. Can't go wrong, I think. Whenever I see JoeT, I thank him for that thing.

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
It helped me too, immensely.

It changed how I see the shots, and helped me straighten out my stroke.

Flex

~jj~

3 ball ghost is strong
Silver Member
go for it

for 10-15 dollars you really can't go wrong. go to www.joetucker.net if you haven't already and click on videos. You can watch the full stroker trainer video there and really get a feel for whether or not it's right for you. you will need to enter your email and passcode will be mailed to you.

good luck!

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
All of Joe Tucker's training aids, DVD's and books are well worth the investment for players of any level.

Org. Creole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the problem

Well i have one the problem im having with it is that when I go to practice with straight in shots I miss them. Well I try to adjust to fix them and still can't make em yes its helped me find center ball better but my alignment is still off. Keep in mind I didnt have any of these problems until a few years back. I had a nice fluent stroke and poketed ball great (was playing great all around) but then all of a sudden i can't poket balls a 10th of what i used to and bought one of these and still can't figure out what the problem is.

~jj~

3 ball ghost is strong
Silver Member
Are you missing consistenly one way or another? In the video, Joe mentions that he had to re-train his eyes because he kept hitting to one side of the pocket. Consistenly missing one way or another can be corrected. if you are inconsistent, I would seek instruction, and/or practice more! :)

One other thing for straight in shots. I am not sure how you are aiming, but you can also try aiming the cue stick to the center of the object ball. if you are having a tough time visualizing the center of the object ball for straight in shots, its the part thats touching the felt. ;-)

good luck!

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
I am baffled that we're 8 posts into a thread about a 3rd eye, stroking it, and needing a trainer and there hasn't been a single off color post. Is there hope for AZ yet? Or is everyone just watching NCAA...

-J

student4ever

50 on the breaker...
Silver Member
Joe's the man...

Just a bump and HIGH recommendation for all Joe Tucker products. If you are having alignment trouble you may want to check out the Laser trainer. It's on his sight. www.Joetucker.net ;)

Org. Creole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
~jj~ said:
Are you missing consistenly one way or another? In the video, Joe mentions that he had to re-train his eyes because he kept hitting to one side of the pocket. Consistenly missing one way or another can be corrected. if you are inconsistent, I would seek instruction, and/or practice more! :)

One other thing for straight in shots. I am not sure how you are aiming, but you can also try aiming the cue stick to the center of the object ball. if you are having a tough time visualizing the center of the object ball for straight in shots, its the part thats touching the felt. ;-)

good luck!
Thats exactly what it is i keep hitting the object ball 2 the right meaning im hitting it on the left side but i still cant get the adjustment right on it. I dont know i may need 2 practice with it a little more like shooting balls maybe that will help hopefully i will figure it out soon its kinda depressing.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I second Blackjack's recommendation on Joe Tucker's instructional aids. I have given away a few dozen of Joe's 3rd Eye Stroketrainers. He's a great instructor personally, as well! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Blackjack said:
All of Joe Tucker's training aids, DVD's and books are well worth the investment for players of any level.

rogerb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Org. Creole said:
Thats exactly what it is i keep hitting the object ball 2 the right meaning im hitting it on the left side but i still cant get the adjustment right on it. I dont know i may need 2 practice with it a little more like shooting balls maybe that will help hopefully i will figure it out soon its kinda depressing.

Well worth every penny, my advice is buy Joe's package, you save some money, the breaking tips are awesome and so are the drills

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
James said:
I am baffled that we're 8 posts into a thread about a 3rd eye, stroking it, and needing a trainer and there hasn't been a single off color post. Is there hope for AZ yet? Or is everyone just watching NCAA...

-J

Smorg ain't here, yet!

I'd like to try it, since when I started playing, I had a HELL of a time finding center on the cue ball.

~jj~

3 ball ghost is strong
Silver Member
Org. Creole said:
Thats exactly what it is i keep hitting the object ball 2 the right meaning im hitting it on the left side but i still cant get the adjustment right on it.

I am no expert by any means, but I noticed that I was fairly consistenly hitting balls into the right point of the pocket. I started using a stripe ball instead of my cue ball and lining it up so the number was dead center. This did two things for me: 1) It left a chalk mark on the ball so I could see if I was really hitting dead center and 2) I got additional feedback on any accidental sidespin I was putting on the cue ball by watching it after contact with OB.

For me, what helped was slowing the stroke down...I was hitting way to hard and not smoothly accelerating through cue ball. So it wasn't necessarily my alignment that was off, but I was having the tendancy to steer the stroke a little bit. I was tipped off to this by the sidespin on the cue ball.

Hope this helps.

We were doing so well until your post. :p

Org. Creole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Scott

Scott Lee said:
I second Blackjack's recommendation on Joe Tucker's instructional aids. I have given away a few dozen of Joe's 3rd Eye Stroketrainers. He's a great instructor personally, as well! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
Scott you know who I am my dad and I had lessons with you in the back of his pawn shop a few years back. I just can't seem to be able to do anything i use to be able to do breaking, poketing ball nothin and i can,t figure out the problem.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, this has to be Bryan! Welcome to AzB buddy! Can't believe you're having such problems. Have you rewatched your tape recently? I have a new method of video analysis than the last time I saw you guys, so I guess I'll have to get my butt down to Foley and visit again! :D Say hi to Pelican for me...hope his back is healing nicely!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Org. Creole said:
Scott you know who I am my dad and I had lessons with you in the back of his pawn shop a few years back. I just can't seem to be able to do anything i use to be able to do breaking, poketing ball nothin and i can,t figure out the problem.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
~jj~:
... Consistenly missing one way or another can be corrected.

Org. Creole:
Thats exactly what it is i keep hitting the object ball 2 the right meaning im hitting it on the left side

It could be your stance has changed for some reason, putting your head in a different position over your stick. This can cause you to miss shots to one side consistently. If the CB is going left of where you want it to go, try moving your head a little to the right or your stick a little to the left.

pj
chgo

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Joe's complete package is great.

What really complements it is using the Laser Stoke Training Aid

http://www.laserstroke.com/

Get both and you aim and stroke will improve.

You will be able to set up the shots that Joe recommends and the laser will help you aim and also show if you are hitting the the center of the CB

The first time I used that Laser I found that I was rolling (twisting) my grip hand thru the stroke. That wasn't detected when using the 3rd eye.

Joe T

yeah what JJ and Pat said. Your head postion may be in a different position due stance or some slight adjustment you're unknowingly making or believe it or not your vision may have changed slightly, as I understand it our vision is in a constant state of change.

What jj said about going against the eyes for a while really works. I know every single time I take time off (as little as 2 or 3 days) when I go back to the table I do not see them correctly and require constant training to stay lined up and when I start off I tell my eyes to shut up and to just follow the laser picture and what the stroke feels like and after awhile my eyes join the party. Not trying to sell you on the laser but it does make this process a whole lot easier to do than not having it because without it you only have your eyes and the way they are perceiving the shot to rely on and if they're seeing it wrong you won't know until you miss! But you can still do it without the laser as I suggest in the video. If you are constantly off to one side (and this is exactly how I came up with the laser invention, many customers emailed me back saying okay I'm on center ball but now I'm always missing to a certain side) you have to try and make your self aim at what will look slightly wrong to you and then don't let your stroke steer off and then just see what happens.

Feel free to email me thru the website and I'll try to help best I can from here.

And last but not least, Thanks a bunch to all you guys for those nice comments, you all made my boring Friday night a whole lot better.