Just got my cue!!! :) :)

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
I'll let the pics do the talking!! :) ;)

6pt10.jpg

6pt9.jpg

6pt8.jpg

6pt7.jpg

6pt6.jpg

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Mark, when you get a chance let's hear the story with this one. Wonder if it's as interesting a story as with the other cue. Sweet looking cue. :)

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
I gotta tell ya'll....

Having already owned 6 Black Boars (of varying design and such), I had the bar set pretty high. A couple of those were absolute MONSTER players, and I figured I had let go of the best playing cue (for me) about a year ago.

This new player of mine has exceeded any and all expectations.

I'm not a superstitious guy...but I can usually tell within a half hour or so if I'm gonna like a new cue I get...and if it's a cue that's "meant" for me. There have been several that I got, and within a few racks, I knew I was gonna offload 'em. (There's also one I KNOW is for me, and currently resides with a good friend named Bryan. :) :) ;)

This cue, though......DAMN!!!! :eek: :D :eek: :D

The hit is oh, so sweet. Perfect balance, perfect hit, perfect feedback....it's stunning!!! For all the stainless piloted joint fans out there, THIS is where it's at!!!!!!

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sweet looking cue Mark. Love the BEM on the forearm. Congrats to ya.
Jeff

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
8-ball Rat said:
I gotta tell ya'll....

Having already owned 6 Black Boars (of varying design and such), I had the bar set pretty high. A couple of those were absolute MONSTER players, and I figured I had let go of the best playing cue (for me) about a year ago.

I'm not a superstitious guy...but I can usually tell within a half hour or so if I'm gonna like a new cue I get...and if it's a cue that's "meant" for me. There have been several that I got, and within a few racks, I knew I was gonna offload 'em. (There's also one I KNOW is for me, and currently resides with a good friend named Bryan. :) :) ;)

The hit is oh, so sweet. Perfect balance, perfect hit, perfect feedback....it's stunning!!! For all the stainless piloted joint fans out there, THIS is where it's at!!!!!!

Nice looking cue there Mark!

OriontheHunter

Dreamin' of Pool Cues
Silver Member
Rackem Up

Nice looking cue, SIR!!! Are you ready for some 9-Ball? You are going to have to give me some weight. With a cue that looks as good as this has got to be a Monster Playing Cue, I will take the 7 ball.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
8-ball Rat said:
I gotta tell ya'll....

Congratulations on the new cue. I hope it serves you well for a long time.

You Black Boar guys make them sound like the finger of God. One day I am going to have to give a BB a try and decide for myself.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
OriontheHunter said:
Nice looking cue, SIR!!! Are you ready for some 9-Ball? You are going to have to give me some weight. With a cue that looks as good as this has got to be a Monster Playing Cue, I will take the 7 ball.
Heya, Chief!!!

Some 9-ball, you say? Soon. Very soon. I'll check with momma and see if she's good with some down-time in a week or so. I'll call ya.

As far as weight goes.....sure. You got the 7.

And the breaks.

;)

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Alright, alright....now that I have your attention.

THIS IS A CUE BUILT FOR ME BY MR. STEVE KLEIN!!!

For those that have been around for awhile, I'm sure you recall my Black Boar days over the last year and a half...give or take a day. I've owned 6 Black Boars, and loved each one of 'em. Some played better than others, and some looked more "spicy" than others...but each one was awesome in its own way.

When I turned my last one loose (the 6-pointer), I was sure that I couldn't swing $4K-$9K to get another one...especially with another little one on the way.

A couple good friends of mine had cues made by Mr. Klein, and had incredible things to say about them (and him)...so I took a shot. I heard his flat faced cues were great. His piloted ivory cues were great...and that his piloted steel cues were fantastic. That was good enough for me.

Mr. Klein worked out every single detail with me, and managed to put together a cue with all the right touches to fit my personal tastes. The fit, finish, balance, hit, feedback, "sound,"....this cue has it all. It is a perfect fit for what I look for in a cue.

Mr. Klein is a true gentleman...and a real phenomenal cuemaker. I'm already on tap for another one.

I cannot take anything away from Black Boar....Tony is an artist, and a really great guy to talk to and deal with. I've enjoyed the time I spent with him on the phone and in his shop....but I just can't afford his work anymore.

I went to Steve with a proposal, and he responded by telling me he would do the very best he could to make me happy. He more than succeeded.

I highly suggest ya'll get on board with Mr. Klein. His reputation is growing, his work is perfect, and his pricing is great. Won't be long before the prices go up, I'm sure!!!

If you need other opinions of his work, there's a "review" thread dedicated to him. For recent work references, drop Hunter or Matt_24 a line. Both have awesome cues made by Steve, and I'm sure they'll be happy to offer up their opinion. :) ;)

Thank you, Mr. Klein, for a perfect cue.

Mark

Last edited:

Hit Man

<-------GANGSTA'
Silver Member
Classy!

At a glance I may have guessed Boar. Credits to Mr. Klein for sure. That's one teriffic looking player Mark. I'm glad it meets your expectations. Congrats!

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
8-ball Rat said:

For those that have been around for awhile, I'm sure you recall my Black Boar days over the last year and a half...give or take a day. I've owned 6 Black Boars, and loved each one of 'em. Some played better than others, and some looked more "spicy" than others...but each one was awesome in its own way.

When I turned my last one loose (the 6-pointer), I was sure that I couldn't swing $4K-$9K to get another one...especially with another little one on the way.

A couple good friends of mine had cues made by Mr. Klein, and had incredible things to say about them (and him)...so I took a shot. I heard his flat faced cues were great. His piloted ivory cues were great...and that his piloted steel cues were fantastic. That was good enough for me.

Mr. Klein worked out every single detail with me, and managed to put together a cue with all the right touches to fit my personal tastes. The fit, finish, balance, hit, feedback, "sound,"....this cue has it all. It is a perfect fit for what I look for in a cue.

Mr. Klein is a true gentleman...and a real phenomenal cuemaker. I'm already on tap for another one.

I cannot take anything away from Black Boar....Tony is an artist, and a really great guy to talk to and deal with. I've enjoyed the time I spent with him on the phone and in his shop....but I just can't afford his work anymore.

I went to Steve with a proposal, and he responded by telling me he would do the very best he could to make me happy. He more than succeeded.

I highly suggest ya'll get on board with Mr. Klein. His reputation is growing, his work is perfect, and his pricing is great. Won't be long before the prices go up, I'm sure!!!

If you need other opinions of his work, there's a "review" thread dedicated to him. For recent work references, drop Hunter or Matt_24 a line. Both have awesome cues made by Steve, and I'm sure they'll be happy to offer up their opinion. :) ;)

Mark

Wow, he sure got those prongs to look close to BB. I knew there had to be a great story behind this cue.....excellent. Steve does build a super cue. Matt and I got the chance to talk with him for some time up at Valley Forge. He's an extremely nice, approachable man and a wonderful cuemaker !!

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8-ball Rat said:

Mark

Beauty of a cue Mark. Just give me dibs if...........when:) you decide to sell.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Thanks, everybody.

I couldn't put the cue down last night. I tried just about every kind of shot I could think of, just to get a feel of what the cue could do (and what I could do with it). After about the first two hours, I got pretty comfortable. After the last two, I started to think Steve had installed auto-pilot on it.

It will suffice to say that I love the cue, and it's got all the quality and playability of top-shelf cue. Mr. Klein should be on that top shelf. His work and customer service is, AT LEAST, equal to the very best this market has to offer.

Sham - sorry, sir....dibs have already been given elsewhere!! :) :) ;)

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Very nice Mark! My nephew has a pj ebony Klein that he loves. I've played many times with it and know how good Kleins are. Yours is a beauty and looks like a major player! Sweet!
:p