1 Pocket - Amar Kang Memorial

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't watch those guys. I don't know why they think
anyone needs/wants to see the damn commentators on screen.

KUKABUKA

One guy spinning in his chair, the other blabbing about all things other than pool, the chat forced into the video...very unappealing. Too bad as I'd love to see this Morra v Oscar match with good commentary.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Been enjoying the stream. Not your typical stream for sure but nice to see something different. Almost like they enjoy what they are doing.

And it's $free.99 unless you want to donate.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One guy spinning in his chair, the other blabbing about all things other than pool, the chat forced into the video...very unappealing. Too bad as I'd love to see this Morra v Oscar match with good commentary.
They've been told before that no one wants them on-screen but they keep doing it. I tried watching one stream when they first started. Turned it off and haven't watched since.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They've been told before that no one wants them on-screen but they keep doing it. I tried watching one stream when they first started. Turned it off and haven't watched since.
Well. They had almost 1600 total viewers while other tournaments at the same time were in the range of 13.

Collins is building a community more than just bringing pool matches to people. If you watch it for a while you see how many people come there for the chat and to interact with him and each other. It’s more like a google hangout than a normal pool stream and it appeals to a lot of people.

And the core group keep coming back again and again.

I think he’s on to something. I didn’t like it at first but it’s growing on me.

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
I love when people complain about free entertainment
This is not directed to anyone I just think if ya don't like something Don't watch it .
I think its a lot like tv or music if its not for you just change the station IMHO

KUKABUKA

I love when people complain about free entertainment
This is not directed to anyone I just think if ya don't like something Don't watch it .
I think its a lot like tv or music if its not for you just change the station IMHO
Both of us complainers in here said some version of "don't like x,y,z, not watching"
You "if ya don't like something Don't watch it"

KUKABUKA

Well. They had almost 1600 total viewers while other tournaments at the same time were in the range of 13.

Collins is building a community more than just bringing pool matches to people. If you watch it for a while you see how many people come there for the chat and to interact with him and each other. It’s more like a google hangout than a normal pool stream and it appeals to a lot of people.

Yeah good for them, feels like every smaller billiards streamer is going for that community feel and that clearly appeals to some. Not for me, so I didn't watch. Having them (especially while playing with hair, swinging back in forth in the chair, etc etc) and chat (you can manually enable chat onto the video feed on YT) forced into the youtube video seems very unnecessary to me even if they're looking to build that community feel.

Again, to each their own, I find it very unappealing.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great pool ruined, IN MY OPINION, by a shitty stream-team. Just 'cause something is free doesn't make it good. If i get free tickets to a shit movie does that mean i have to like it?? WTF?? There is a reason other streamers don't put the talking-heads on screen, NO ONE wants to see them.

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciated the free stream. The video quality is fantastic.

However I don't want or need a portion of the screen viewing the commentators. And the background music is God awful.

Commentators- Just stay minimal. I'm watching the stream to see the players. I don't want or need some side show.

Collins- Your trying to make this about you...No one is interested in you or your hipster friends. Just stream quality pool.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Thanks for the heads up. I don't get the whiners. Has no one seen a modern stream on other things besides pool? So what, they have a little box in the corner with the announcers. It's their stream and they are growing a community. It's not traditional pool broadcast, it's someone streaming a pool match and hanging out with their community. It's nice to see the people talking and to put a face to a voice.

Great 1P action, as good as most PPV and the final few matches were really good. Those who tuned out because of a little box in the corner missed a real treat!

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bro for real , I’m with you 💯, like they actually wanna play some pool ! Hint hint , im in South Texas if ole Mike wants to play some !!!! Im down

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Man if I wanna hangout, I’ll go to different pool rooms , play strangers and meet people in person……. Oh , I already do that , that’s why 99 percent people I play get drilled …. Keep chatting and goofing off ! Ima keep grinding and having the time of my life at 53 YOA

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The picture quality and score board was one of the best I've seen. The announcers didn't bother me at all.
Thanks for the free stream!