11'' Jumper Shafts

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Anyone make an add on mini shaft, to attach to a 29'' handle.
Want to see how it feels when cut down to 14mm.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For whatever it's worth, one of the characteristics of a good jump cue is very light weight. Usually with a pretty forward balance.

Adding a short shaft to a 15 ounce butt strikes me as something that probably wouldn't work very well at all...

I admit, just out of curiosity, I'd be interested to hear somebody's actual experience doing it though…

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I saw one about 15 years ago. light weight full size butt but a short shaft. I did not try it as I am not much of a jumper. The guy who had it said it jumped fine but it never caught on. May have been locally made in Colorado.

If you run into Chisolm ask him about it. I will do the same next time him and I play.

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a jump cue, the Dale Chilton “Flying Eagle” short end worked quite well when attached to a uni-loc pin break cue like a Predator BK.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
For whatever it's worth, one of the characteristics of a good jump cue is very light weight. Usually with a pretty forward balance.

Adding a short shaft to a 15 ounce butt strikes me as something that probably wouldn't work very well at all...

I admit, just out of curiosity, I'd be interested to hear somebody's actual experience doing it though…
Maybe a short, light butt instead, with a break shaft ideally.

pj
chgo

Island Drive

Silver Member
PJ I just sold that set up to Corey last week.... (2) different handle hands for the Bushka he now owns.
One heavy, other Very light.

But in talking about handle weight, he made me think about using the cue handle for the Jumper handle....
Get a shaft & cut down the last 6'' of your 11'' shaft to 14 mm.... ferrule it and test it.

Makes me think being 6'6'' I could stand OVER The shot and stab straight Downward in.... to the cue ball.
Mike Massey can actually one handed, dart throw his jumper at the cue ball to hop.

I saw a metal jump rod 1980's jump whitey around like a beach ball.

I'm thinking THICK Heavy handle, couldn't hurt to try.
Might allow more Bang with this ass backwards handle set up.

bm

Zerksies

I'd be more inclined to buy a cue dedicated for jumping then just a shorter shaft. Weight and balance point are of of the issues that i immediately see.

Say you're cutting a shaft in half so the weight of the shaft is now two ounces. So you have a fifteen ounce butt so overall you have a 17oz jump cue. I see that most dedicated jumpers are under 12 ounces.

chuckpilegis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to use this in bars where the table was too close to the wall
20230428_162556.jpg

King

King Custom Cue Cases
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone make an add on mini shaft, to attach to a 29'' handle.
Want to see how it feels when cut down to 14mm.
Had a buddy make this for me years ago to practice masse shots, never tried jumping with it.
Ended up being left out of my case.

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpeg
    IMG_0042.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    488.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0044.jpeg
    IMG_0044.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0046.jpeg
    IMG_0046.jpeg
    623 KB · Views: 20

Island Drive

Silver Member
Nice pics thanks... makes me wonder how the hit would be if that shaft was 14mm and 8 inches shorter?