:: 2014 @ Shanghai - Cue Collector Forum China :: Pics Galore...

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
This is the first ever Cue Collectors Forum organised in China, Shanghai and it took place over the weekend on the 13th of September.

Unfortunately i wasn't able to make it to the forum but my good friend Paul (poolpaul) who happen to be one of the initiator of this forum took a whole bunch of pictures and wanted me to share them with fellow AZers.

Paul and Chady are the initiators on this forum and invited several like minded collectors and dealers to join the forum as a platform to educate the newish chinese community.
This is a free for all event and P&C bore any and all related expense to host this event.
The idea is to make this forum a travelling one covering major cities annually. So next stop would be Beijing, which should take place next month and hopefully i'll be able to attend that one and be able to give AZ a good coverage.

Anyone and everyone was invited to bring their beloved Custom cue to the forum to display and share with everyone. At the end of which there was a People's Choice Award where everyone present could vote for which cue they liked best.

The People's Choice Award this year went to a Zen Cue and deservedly so. It was by no means an easy win as it was amongst so many rare and beautiful cues.

Master Zen was also kind enough to grace the event to interact with fellow collectors and educate the average joe on construction and all there is to know about custom cues. Hopefully with time this event can bring about more participation from cue makers local and abroad to share their experience and knowledge with the young collecting community here in China.

Enough yapping here are the pictures, once again a huge thanks to Paul for taking the time to photograph.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member

And here's our very own Chady Liu (poolchady) discussing and explaining cues to anyone who asks.
Chady's the key initiator and organizer of this forum:

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for taking the time to post the pics. Some great examples of cue making from all corners of the world!

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Looks like a great event with some amazing cues great photos as well thanks for showing

kbooks3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome cues!

Chady and Paul are some good peeps...it's always nice to see them...hope the show was a great success. :)

Zen builds come amazing cues..I wish I had bought a couple of his cues at the 2013 SBE..amazing inlays! He definitely deserves the first "Fonzie"..congrats!

Thanks for sharing Jive...

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Great pics....thanks for sharing. Heck of a lot of big cues. Those Zens are really superb !!

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting pictures of this event Jive! The are a ton of very special, and very rare cues in those pictures. I will be visiting this thread many times! :thumbup:

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
i want the birdseye zen cue.......would love to see close ups of that cue....thanks for all the awesome pics....

Last edited:

ironchef.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great report and thanks for sharing Jive! I see some AWESOME Tad cues that I'm drooling over, haha.

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for posting up the cues. its good to see cue collections from around the the globe.

Great examples of zen cues. Looks like his work is growing rapidly.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm pissed

Chady looks younger than ever!
The Zen Cue is a show stopper.
Congrats on a great outing,
Nick :)