2015 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Joe T

Okay, I figure out why my game was in the gutter for the last two months. It wasn't listening to the commentators on YouTube, it was my shaft. I have the new Victory shaft from Predator and I ended up taking it down to a smaller diameter, well I took it down too much and the laminates split apart on me. At first I thought the tink in my stroke was my tip coming loose so I replaced the tip and that was when I noticed the laminates were separated. Luckily I have and OB2 shaft and I started playing with it last night and it control was back.

Today I played the ghost in 14.1 and ended up beating the ghost 108-0 on my 10 foot Brunswick. Please add this to the competition page, here is the link. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9vTsarRDRw

Well done. Nice set up also.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Okay, I figure out why my game was in the gutter for the last two months. It wasn't listening to the commentators on YouTube, it was my shaft. I have the new Victory shaft from Predator and I ended up taking it down to a smaller diameter, well I took it down too much and the laminates split apart on me. At first I thought the tink in my stroke was my tip coming loose so I replaced the tip and that was when I noticed the laminates were separated. Luckily I have and OB2 shaft and I started playing with it last night and it control was back.

Today I played the ghost in 14.1 and ended up beating the ghost 108-0 on my 10 foot Brunswick. Please add this to the competition page, here is the link. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9vTsarRDRw
Awesome shooting, Scott. Very strong!

I couldn't help but noticing the BU donuts on your table. Will you be the first to post a score on a 10' table? I look forward to seeing your scores/rating and videos on the AZB BU playing-ability exam thread. I see a "Doctorate of Pool" (maybe "with Honors") in your future.

Catch you later,
Dave

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome shooting, Scott. Very strong!

I couldn't help but noticing the BU donuts on your table. Will you be the first to post a score on a 10' table? I look forward to seeing your scores/rating and videos on the AZB BU playing-ability exam thread. I see a "Doctorate of Pool" (maybe "with Honors") in your future.

Catch you later,
Dave

Yes that is my intention. I set up the donuts and ran through the exam a couple of times just to see where my week spots are but I've been having a hard time committing to the exam when I go into the pool room, I'm finding myself competing against the ghost looking for a 100% in the 10-Ball and a #1 spot with the American Rotation.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes that is my intention. I set up the donuts and ran through the exam a couple of times just to see where my week spots are but I've been having a hard time committing to the exam when I go into the pool room, I'm finding myself competing against the ghost looking for a 100% in the 10-Ball and a #1 spot with the American Rotation.
With all of that awesome practice, the BU Exams should be a piece of cake. :grin-square:

FYI, you can do Exam I and Exam II separately and redo each at any time to improve your overall score and rating.

Catch you later,
Dave

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was gong to play in the US Open this October but life got in the way. 2016 for sure, this will give me time to work on my week spots, safety play and kick shots.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
I was gong to play in the US Open this October but life got in the way. 2016 for sure, this will give me time to work on my week spots, safety play and kick shots.

I think you could do some damage at the Bigfoot Challenge at Derby. Sucks that it's only invitational.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busy at work and bad back keeps me away from Ghost.. Buy today got couple hours time and decided try first time that (intermediate) Straight Pool-Ghost.
1 year old cloth and tight pockets .. But managed win 100-70(two times missed break ball)

Got video also but it seem to have some kind light problems.. Have to watch from computer if it is watchable.

Ps. I noticed I played a lot better now when I tried play against Ghost than just trying high run. Any Ghost boost focus for practice IMO. Got that good nervous feel what make me play better.

Last edited:

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busy at work and bad back keeps me away from Ghost.. Buy today got couple hours time and decided try first time that (intermediate) Straight Pool-Ghost.
1 year old cloth and tight pockets .. But managed win 100-70(two times missed break ball)

Got video also but it seem to have some kind light problems.. Have to watch from computer if it is watchable.

Ps. I noticed I played a lot better now when I tried play against Ghost than just trying high run. Any Ghost boost focus for practice IMO. Got that good nervous feel what make me play better.

Good job! It hurts to miss the break ball and give the ghost 15 balls plus 10/20/30. Keep going, a 100 ball run only comes one ball at a time.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played the 10 ball ghost last night and managed to win 7-5, but I didn't feel like I played very well. I just kept missing position by a little the whole set, plus I missed a couple easy shots. I did video it but I probably won't ever post it.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just now I beat the 9 ball ghost 7-3! My prior best was 7-6 one time. This time, I was much less nervous. I think because I already beat him once, the same pressure was not there. I have not been playing much the past month, and today I just went for it cold, and did it:)

I'll upload the video once I edit it. The camera crapped out and I know it missed one shot for sure, where I almost scratched on the 9.

Funny, when I beat him for the first time 7-6 a couple of months ago, I felt like I was on top of the world. Now, its no big deal. I guess that's whats called experience.

Edit: Here is the video

https://youtu.be/aZZgI6bEoOA

I muted the sound because I was playing music from the radio and Youtube would have muted it anyway.

Last edited:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Just now I beat the 9 ball ghost 7-3! My prior best was 7-6 one time. This time, I was much less nervous. I think because I already beat him once, the same pressure was not there. I have not been playing much the past month, and today I just went for it cold, and did it:)

I'll upload the video once I edit it. The camera crapped out and I know it missed one shot for sure, where I almost scratched on the 9.

Funny, when I beat him for the first time 7-6 a couple of months ago, I felt like I was on top of the world. Now, its no big deal. I guess that's whats called experience.

That's a nice win, good work!
Sounds like you're ready for the 10-ball ghost! :wink:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just now I beat the 9 ball ghost 7-3!
Awesome!

As victorl wrote, you're ready for the 10-ball ghost now. That's what I've been working on. It seems much more challenging than the 9-ball ghost. Then there's the 15-ball ghost ... lot's to keep pushing our games higher.

Also, I'd be curious to see how well you can do on the BU Exams now. I'm sure you can crush your previous scores. Please consider giving them a try again. If you do, please post your scores and videos on the AZB BU thread.

Good luck,
Dave

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Posy 391 two up is edited with the video link.

Thanks for the encouragement all:) I'm definitely staying with the 9 ball lol. I may switch back to 14.1 for the winter, who knows:)

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the encouragement all:) I'm definitely staying with the 9 ball lol. I may switch back to 14.1 for the winter, who knows:)

Nice shooting Nick. 14.1 is a great game, I love it. But I rotate my playing between 4 games, rotation, 14.1, bank pool and 8 ball, focusing on one game for around 2 weeks before changing to the next. This will keep you from getting burned out which is what will happen if you focus on on one game for a long period of time. And when I feel that my game is not solid I run through the BU Exams for a few days.

Keep playing, great progress.

medallio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bar box 8 ball

Would anyone being willing to challenge the ghost playing bar box 8 ball? BIH after the break. Everyone says BB 8 ball is a joke but the ghost has been kicking my hiney the past few practice sessions!

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Sounds interesting, but there are no bar boxes around here for me to play around with.
Do you guys think the 8-ball ghost is tougher on a bar box than a 9 footer?