2016 Canadian Championships (featuring Alex P)

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
The national championship of America's hat starts this weekend in Montreal. Two-time former champ Alex Pagulayan WILL be in attendance this year, so tune in to the stream to see how his 1-pocket skills translate to the grandaddy of cuesports.

I'll be posting a link for the stream as soon as we have it, as well as a link to the brackets. Enjoy!

Last edited:

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The national championship of America's hat starts this weekend in Montreal. Two-time former champ Alex Pagulayan WILL be in attendance this year, so tune in to the stream to see how his 1-pocket skills translate to the grandaddy of cuesports.

I'll be posting a link for the stream as soon as we have it, as well as a link to the brackets. Enjoy!

Snooker was 'invented' circa 1870s-ish...

Wouldn't that make it the grandSON of cuesports?

Just sayin'

Dale

O'SulliReyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe what TS meant was that snooker is the current dominant cuesport. If one looks at all the three main cuesports' TV coverage, social media and Internet presence, prize money, quality of players and level of professionalism, then certainly snooker is the premier cue sport right now by a country mile.

Back to topic. Looking forward to seeing Alex play. The overall standard of snooker globally is getting higher and higher. It would be nice to see how Canadian snooker fares compared to the rest of the snooker-playing world.

Last edited:

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe what TS meant was that snooker is the current dominant cuesport. If one looks at all the three main cuesports' TV coverage, social media and Internet presence, prize money, quality of players and level of professionalism, then certainly snooker is the premier cue sport right now by a country mile.

Back to topic. Looking forward to seeing Alex play. The overall standard of snooker globally is getting higher and higher. It would be nice to see how Canadian snooker fares compared to the rest of the snooker-playing world.

Well I believe if that is what he meant, then that is what he should have said.

Assuming esp makes an as.....

You know.

Dale

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Snooker was 'invented' circa 1870s-ish...

Wouldn't that make it the grandSON of cuesports?

Just sayin'

Dale

Today's snooker would be roughly the great/great/great/great grandson of the game Colonel Chamberlain dubbed (inadvertently) 'snooker'.
:)

Will somebody tell Alex he doesn't have to hit a rail after contact for a while?