2016 US Open 9 ball/ 9ft (16-22 Oct2016) Norfolk, Virginia (Winner $50K)

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got distracted... it's 8-6, Dennis is not making everything but he's also laying some nice safeties.

Alcaide is blocked down the rail to the 6 by the 9, makes contact on a long opposite two railer.

After turning down a thin cut on the 6 earlier, Dennis tries it this time but misses.

Then Alcaide gets weird on the 7 and misses that.

Dennis makes a nice long shot on the 7. The 8 and 9 are tied up and Dennis opts to lay a nasty safety rather than going for a bank.

Alcaide makes a three-cushion hit on the 8 but scratches.

8-7 Alcaide.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Huge opportunity missed by Alcaide there. He didn't come close to pocketing that 7 ball.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alcaide makes quick work of this rack (I missed what happened on Dennis' break) and he takes a 9-7 lead.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Orcollo looked good to tie it up, but then got a bit unlucky and was too straight in on the 6 down the rail. He tried to draw it back off the back rail but came up short, and then whiffed on the 7 trying to feather it.

Wonder when the last time Dennis whiffed on two balls in one match was?

He really should have used topspin on the 6 to at least get close to the 7 - easy to say in retrospect but still true.

10-8 Alcaide.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alcaide on the hill and made a ball on the break, but he's going to have to push out. Another nailbaiter coming up...

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First, I thought it was Alcalde. :grin: Spanish word for mayor.

Yankees know , after reading corner man's description of pronunciation of his name, doesn't the pronunciation of his last name sound quite familiar? Not sure if I would go with that one if I were him lol.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So much for the nailbiter, Alcaide scratched on his safety attempt and Dennis ran out. 10-9.