2018 WPA World 9 Ball

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shane goes from 5-8 down to 11-8 win! He just played some amazing pool. Shane has the best composure that I've ever seen. Even under duress he made all the right shots; soft, hard it made no difference. He never showed any signs of weakness, even after losing a tough game to go down 5-8. Really, really impressive!

Meanwhile Chang, as great as he is, did get weak under pressure, making a few bad shots. He lost his rhythm and his game.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was a great match and made extra entertaining with the YouTube comments scroll...when Shane was down 5-8 Shane haters were doing the dance and all of a sudden, with one great clutch shot after another by Shane...the comments got quiet then it was all out cheering for Shane.

It went from "Shane will never win when ref racks" and "Chang is the best rotation player on the planet" to silence.

It was a new element of laughs to an already great match.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Not looking good for Corey, down 10-8.

Meanwhile, Biado and Filler look like world beaters.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane goes from 5-8 down to 11-8 win! He just played some amazing pool. Shane has the best composure that I've ever seen. Even under duress he made all the right shots. He never showed any signs of weakness, even after losing a tough game to go down 5-8. Really, really impressive!

Meanwhile Chang, as great as he is, did get weak under pressure, making a few bad shots. He lost his rhythm and his game.

That's the Johan effect, Jay! Shane is a new player after this last year. Jeremy Jones said in an interview that it sounds scary but Shane actually improved in what he saw. Mentally he is at another level. We saw it in that match.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Chang was playing perfect pool, and getting an easy shot on the 1 ball in front of that corner pocket on every break. Then Shane missed that 9 in the side to go down 8-5, and it looked like curtains. Shane's fortitude, composure, and resolve were amazing in that match. When he put the heat on Chang wilted.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Shane goes from 5-8 down to 11-8 win! He just played some amazing pool. Shane has the best composure that I've ever seen. Even under duress he made all the right shots; soft, hard it made no difference. He never showed any signs of weakness, even after losing a tough game to go down 5-8. Really, really impressive!

lol, when he was 5-8 down you typed in “bye, bye Ms. American Pie”, hating on the US, your home country, like always. I wish you’d take that anti-American bullsh!t and pack up and leave if you hate it so much. Then again, I guess if you’re going to live here and be anti-American, California is the place for you to be.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang was playing perfect pool, and getting an easy shot on the 1 ball in front of that corner pocket on every break. Then Shane missed that 9 in the side to go down 8-5, and it looked like curtains. Shane's fortitude, composure, and resolve were amazing in that match. When he put the heat on Chang wilted.

Especially with his break not working. In the past Shane would be trying all different ways to fix the break mid match....it just seems he really didn't get phased out when left with a bad break, he just did what he had to do, decent push outs, great jumps and kicks to get out of safes...we would see that from Shane at US opens....but to get 6 racks in a row on alternating breaks against a player liked Chang is a HUGE boost to the mental stamina going forward.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One Filipino and no Chinese or Taiwanese left. Would not have predicted this at start of the event. More killer pool to come. Go SVB.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Did SVB get lucky on that kick shot where he was hidden from the 6 ball? i didn’t see what dropped.

He shook em up nicely. The ball hanging in the side 6??? He kicked cue ball cross side off his target ball 2???? and got allot of movement towards the hanging 6 ball, made it moved 3 balls on his hammer slammer then....ran out. Chang did dog a ball late.:thumbup:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For the time being it was the BIGGEST match of this WPC for me and great comeback from 5:8 when it looked like there was no hope for Shane with that kind of break from Chang... The result tells...it seems like SVB is ready mentally for the dream coming true. Two more steps to go...