2023 DCC Big Foot Players List

kollegedave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking on the DCC Facebook page for a list of players that would be participating in the 2023 Bigfoot Event, and I don't believe there is a list posted. Does anyone know when or if a players list will be made public?

kollegedave

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking on the DCC Facebook page for a list of players that would be participating in the 2023 Bigfoot Event, and I don't believe there is a list posted. Does anyone know when or if a players list will be made public?

kollegedave
probably the day before

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get rid of Max and Mika.

Biggy.jpg

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with getting rid of Max but not Mika. Mika has been playing much better of late than he has for the last five years. Should be rewarded for making the effort to return to world class form.

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find Mika interesting. He's an internalized Earl. When shit goes wrong Earl blames the entire world for his problems whereas Mika takes it out on himself. One of the most interesting things about Mika is the effect that playing with Petri in the World Cup of Pool has upon him. Petri seems to be able to calm Mika down and keep his head in the game, when under normal circumstances, Mika would go into self-destruct mode. Mika seems to have done a better job of keeping his head together lately which I'm glad to see. Holman is also playing better of late which I'm also happy to see. Somebody coming back from the wilderness is always uplifting.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i suspect the poster didn't mean swap max with himself, but rather swap max with any of the taiwanese, spanish or polish players that could spot him a ball. maybe they aren't there? ko brothers, chang, FSR, zielinski, sczewczyk, kaci? four 10-ball world champions..

Is it an invitational or whoever signs up and pays first? I thought it was just pay the money and play. $1,000 entry?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Not a banks guy at all so forgive the ignorance. Do they keep the list to 6 on purpose due to the ring game format, or is it just a lack of pro level interest..?
To my recollection, the bank pool ring game has always had a field of six.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find Mika interesting. He's an internalized Earl. When shit goes wrong Earl blames the entire world for his problems whereas Mika takes it out on himself. One of the most interesting things about Mika is the effect that playing with Petri in the World Cup of Pool has upon him. Petri seems to be able to calm Mika down and keep his head in the game, when under normal circumstances, Mika would go into self-destruct mode. Mika seems to have done a better job of keeping his head together lately which I'm glad to see. Holman is also playing better of late which I'm also happy to see. Somebody coming back from the wilderness is always uplifting.

it's easy to make fun of him, and i guess i do quite a lot on here, because of his handflipping and antics when he goes on tilt. but just watching what happens between the four rails, he is one of the most talented, quick paced and fun to watch players there is, and has been for the last two decades. i'm enjoying his comeback. what a story it would be if he bagged a major at 50.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there about 5 or 6 people I’m eager to see in the Bigfoot challenge. The rest are just filling the bracket to me.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i suspect the poster didn't mean swap max with himself, but rather swap max with any of the taiwanese, spanish or polish players that could spot him a ball. maybe they aren't there? ko brothers, chang, FSR, zielinski, sczewczyk, kaci? four 10-ball world champions..

Since all of the players you mention would be better choices than some of the ones who were chosen, I'm wondering if this means that some of them are having visa problems. I'm thinking particularly of the three Taiwanese.