2024 JOY Heyball payouts..............

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I'd stay away from illegal activities while in China. Plenty of Westerners have disappeared without a trace for years. God knows what they are doing to them, but it's easy enough to imagine.

Wow, so we're cruising for hookers now? You were spewing woke nonsense just a short while ago, and now you are with the scum of the earth, trawling the streets of NY for desperate women to defile, for the satisfaction of your own twisted needs? That rather confirms my hypothesis regarding the white knights of the internet. Some men use hookers, it's a fact of life and it is what it is. It is however NOT a good position to be in if you want to grandstand about womens rights! Being a fact of life doesn't make it any less despicable, BTW.

Women have the rights to open pool rooms, sponsor pool tournaments, pay out cash prizes on time.

If you study the women in the billiards industry or owners: Ara might be the best female billiard manager/owner. Jenn Barretta opened a pool room and the economic impact of her room will be studied as I get older. She is influencing so many male players, that your comments would never happen.

Most of the top WPBA pros run rooms and do more for billiards than mid and low level male pool pros. The top 1% of women in pool do 99% of the heavy work.

Emily Frazer is the case study for scholars to study.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Relax bro, he got you. If you take one word that troll says as serious you've been had. He lives for this shit alone in his mommies basement.
He's a college math professor, believe it or not. With that type of position, he should be more careful with his postings. Could still be trolling from his mom's basement, though.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's a college math professor, believe it or not. With that type of position, he should be more careful with his postings. Could still be trolling from his mom's basement, though.
You seen any of his videos?? dude is OUT THERE. tried to find them but i think either him or YT pulled him.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Women have the rights to open pool rooms, sponsor pool tournaments, pay out cash prizes on time.

If you study the women in the billiards industry or owners: Ara might be the best female billiard manager/owner. Jenn Barretta opened a pool room and the economic impact of her room will be studied as I get older. She is influencing so many male players, that your comments would never happen.

Most of the top WPBA pros run rooms and do more for billiards than mid and low level male pool pros. The top 1% of women in pool do 99% of the heavy work.

As is Peg Ledman or Evelyn Dysart.... another pair of great women.

justnum

Silver Member
As is Peg Ledman or Evelyn Dysart.... another pair of great women.

Women's fashion is well marketed, everything in a commercial makes women superior to men in everyway.

Women's healthcare products are less toxic.
Women's clothes have better fits.
Women owned salons or barbershops have better hygiene standards.

There are only positive comments to make about women. Its building a language and collection of historically significant women for the future.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Women's fashion is well marketed, everything in a commercial makes women superior to men in everyway.

Women's healthcare products are less toxic.
Women's clothes have better fits.
Women owned salons or barbershops have better hygiene standards.

There are only positive comments to make about women. Its building a language and collection of historically significant women for the future.
And you scope the whores.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somewhat disturbing that you knew exactly where these nuggets lurk. ;)
Sometimes I get sad?
Screenshot_20240212-111149.jpg

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Can you elaborate on these?
Honestly there are not so many good examples on use cases in either snooker or chinese 8 ball. There are more uses in English billiards where you can get points from scratching.

There are many effects that are caused by the nap. Shooting slowly diagonally or perpendicularly to the nap, causes the cueball to curve. This is way more likely to cause a miss than actually help you. You could use it to curve around obstacles, theoretically, but really a masse is more controlled. Shooting that slowly is likely to cause misses due to other reasons (table out of level, cling etc).

The cueball, when shot against the nap with sidespin will swerve the opposite way than when shot with the nap. There isn't really any help in this, it's just something you got to know.

In rare cases you can make the object ball curve around an obstacle ball or go into a pocket that doesn't seem available because of a flat angle, by using the nap curving the ball. But really those cases are very rare. Snooker players tend to play stun shots because it allows for a bit more speed and control on their shots and to take the nap curve out of play. I don't think I've ever known a good player that would prefer punting balls to curve it in, rather than looking for another alternative. If it's all that is available, sure, you can do it. Nap can also cause the object ball to cling to the rail near the black spot in snooker, when shooting it in from frozen to the rail. Again, it's just something you need to know. On the other side of the table it's the opposite, making the shot a bit harder.

Mostly the nap makes the game harder. It also causes "non-native" players to make mistakes sometimes. After a while, one will get used to it.

Last edited:

CanadianGuy

old school naps maybe, play on a newer Strachan cloth and you may not want to go back to Simonis, they are very nice with a super luxury look and feel to them and grip super nice

I do wonder about maintenance on them though...i.e. do they still require ironing

CanadianGuy

I believe they have their version of worlds coming up, anybody know the prize payout?

any chance we see Appleton back in there?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
old school naps maybe, play on a newer Strachan cloth and you may not want to go back to Simonis, they are very nice with a super luxury look and feel to them and grip super nice

I do wonder about maintenance on them though...i.e. do they still require ironing
Nap effects are most pronounced on thicker cloth with more nap, while the snooker cloth used on tv and the cloth used on a chinese 8 ball table are shorn which reduces the effects. They are still there, but to a lesser degree. On a c8b table which is essentially just a small snooker table, due to the ball travelling shorter distances, it's harder to notice nap effects.

The fact that the cloth is so thin, means it gets worn out very fast, and it's expensive too. Yes, they require ironing and brushing. Playing on them is very satisfying when they are in good shape.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

You are really clueless. In fact, as little as you know about men in pool, you know even less about women's pool.

To set the record straight, Ara is not the one who opened US1 Billiards and Jenn isn't the one that opened Skyline Billiards.

It isn't accurate to say that most of the top WPBA pros run poolrooms and any suggestion that most of the heavy lifting being done in the pool industry is being done by women is just nonsense of the highest order.

Men's pro pool has grown dramatically in the last few years to the point that there's a significant tournament on the calendar almost every week of the year. Women's pool has grown, but modestly by comparison.

Yes, women are contributing in our sport and many of them are to be admired. Emily Frazer is doing a great job with Matchroom Pool, but she was not its architect.

What is your motive for constantly misrepresenting the facts in seemingly every post you make? Your uninformed nonsense is devaluing the AZB forum, and I wish you'd stick to topics on which you're a bit more informed.

justnum

Silver Member
You are really clueless. In fact, as little as you know about men in pool, you know even less about women's pool.

To set the record straight, Ara is not the one who opened US1 Billiards and Jenn isn't the one that opened Skyline Billiards.

It isn't accurate to say that most of the top WPBA pros run poolrooms and any suggestion that most of the heavy lifting being done in the pool industry is being done by women is just nonsense of the highest order.

Men's pro pool has grown dramatically in the last few years to the point that there's a significant tournament on the calendar almost every week of the year. Women's pool has grown, but modestly by comparison.

Yes, women are contributing in our sport and many of them are to be admired. Emily Frazer is doing a great job with Matchroom Pool, but she was not its architect.

What is your motive for constantly misrepresenting the facts in seemingly every post you make? Your uninformed nonsense is devaluing the AZB forum, and I wish you'd stick to topics on which you're a bit more informed.

My point is there is the investor and then there is the person who completes the job.

If the investor could complete the job on their own, the other person is not needed to complete the job.

Emily Frazer is an essential person, she is pivotal to the growth trend in pro billiard prize money today and an organized contractual pro pool work force with minor non compete clauses.

Would it have been successful without her? It doesn't matter today, because money is being poured it and she was the face of the effort.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My point is there is the investor and then there is the person who completes the job.

If the investor could complete the job on their own, the other person is not needed to complete the job.

Emily Frazer is an essential person, she is pivotal to the growth trend in pro billiard prize money today and an organized contractual pro pool work force with minor non compete clauses.

Would it have been successful without her? It doesn't matter today, because money is being poured it and she was the face of the effort.
Had to chime in here because this is ludicrous. MATCHROOM is the essential/pivotal entity here. No offense to EmilyF. but its MR's corporate ethos and $$ that are driving the pro pool resurgence not the personality cult of one person. She does a good job but i don't think for one second that MR would be unsuccessful with someone else playing point guard. BTW, i do need to give you props for actual posting something that doesn't reek of total insanity. I guess the amazon truck full of meds must have finally showed up. Enough fun. back to Ignore.

justnum

Silver Member
Emily triggered the WPA, that is why Emily gets full support from me.

If there is an new industry award for service in terms of expanding the game globally, the first award deserves to go Emily Frazer.

There should be several articles about her for business schools to teach her innovative advertising strategies to update billiards promotion for bridging countries, governments and people together through streaming, promotions, players and pool rooms into a Billiard super power called Matchroom nineball. Where players have rights to play in other events as long as they don't sit out a MR major in large numbers.

Now that players have a super organization they can fight back against WPA control of billiards.
Next up on the list is privatizing billiards by country.

I wonder what Charlie Williams would think of the current situation. He was once faced with decisions similar to Emily Frazer. However the economic climate for billiards back then was not the same.

Last edited: