2024 World Snooker Championship (Apr 20th - May 6th)

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Qualifiers are going on right now.

Some betting odds to win

1713196035406.png

Interesting fact. The last time someone won the WC without winning a ranking or invitational event that season was Ronnie in 2013.

Here are this season's winners of ranking and invitational events. Good chance the winner is from this group.

1713196511194.png

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surprising that Neil Robertson not in yet still has to qualify.
Part time pool player Gary Wilson having good season already in main draw no need to qualify

Brackets with 16 seeds and only qualifiers to be added

Looks like winner will be from bottom half of draw :LOL:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
with some of those names still in the hat i'll wait for the draw before i bet

the WC has grown into something completely different from the rest of the season since the races in other events is so much shorter now. even the UK championship is shortened. so zhang anda is a good race to 5 player, brilliant. doesn't mean he can beat a wily old crucible veteran whos had a crappy season.. betting on a former winner is probably a good rule this year

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Official Draw

Ronnie's first match isn't until 4/24, so you can wait until then to get your DAZN subs going.

View attachment 754172

booked allen and ronnie e/w. i almost never bet ronnie, too erratic. but you have to think that if he's ever gonna take the 8th it'll be this year. he seems very focused and dedicated.

there are a couple of good matches other than ronnies. trump v vafei, ding v lisowski and williams v si jiahui. i suspect some of them will collide with world pool masters though

Reactions: JAM

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wouldn't book the gilbert one but walden over mr miserable seems very possible. i also like jamie jones and pang for early upsets

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The standout is Wilson favorite over Bingham. :LOL:While Wilson is in form, I would give edge to that wily fox Bingham

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update for the USA fans. I just looked on DAZN and see no mention of it on their upcoming schedule for tomorrow or any day next week.

However, I do see it on matchroom.live

1713583063991.png

• Love

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's on now. Matchroom.live. I am a subscriber, but I'm thinking maybe even non-subscribers can watch. That is pretty cool!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Luca Brecel v. David Gilbert on Table 1 up now. Zhang Anda v. Jak Jones on Table 2 up now. Matchroom.live showing both tables. Right now is the pre-game chat going over the history of the vent and some player tidbits. Place is packed.

111.png

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Class of 2024. Look at Luca Brecel with is shades on. Ronnie looks like he's getting ready to chop wood. Gary Wilson is hitting 'em strong lately, looking great in his royal blue blazer. Mark Williams and Mark Allen are also hitting 'em strong.

This is the 16 in the event. If you can name them all, you're a snooker aficionado like me.

437366852_10160212241483020_5260959236648084708_n.jpg

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a pic of the snooker refers for this event. Desislava Bozhilova will be there, but she's missing in the photo.

GLip0f0XIAQ4pjr (1).jpg

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The calm before the storm. Tournament soldiers waiting to come out to the stage.

3333.png

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
luca is playing without a care in the world. i don't think he's played a safety all match. up 4-2 after two centuries and one 90-ish

George the Greek

Class of 2024. Look at Luca Brecel with is shades on. Ronnie looks like he's getting ready to chop wood. Gary Wilson is hitting 'em strong lately, looking great in his royal blue blazer. Mark Williams and Mark Allen are also hitting 'em strong.

This is the 16 in the event. If you can name them all, you're a snooker aficionado like me.

View attachment 754535
Millionaires row.

• Haha

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I think it's a great that it's on Matchroom.live and we don't have to do the whole sign up for DAZN then cancel song and dance.

But I do wonder if replays will be available. It doesn't look like you're able to pause a match and pick up where you left off. If you click play it'll just take you to the live feed.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's the afternoon interval. Both players shooting a wee bit sloppy. Here's the stats. They're racing to 10 for the win.

789.png