2024 World Snooker Championship (Apr 20th - May 6th)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Racing to 13, the score is now 8-6, Ronnie on top.

999.png

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stuart pretty much kept Ronnie benched this last frame, and he tied the score at the end of this session. He has a good fan following in the audoence too.

bbb.png

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
only saw the last two frames but this is looking like 2015 bingham, where he played himself into dead stroke and won the championship.

ronnie's my last horse so i have to root for him but yeah not safe at all. schedule favors ronnie imo

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie v. Stuart is a nail-biter. It's now the interval, and here's the stats. Stuart showing no hesitancy against Ronnie, and Ronnie is not 100 percent, but he's not dogging it either. Great match, and anybody can win from here.

6666666.png

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great match. bingham was pretty much in dead stroke.

and now, only one player left from top 16. i never seen that before

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stuart deserves the win,. He played brilliantly. Ronnie just ran out of gas. Stuart plays Jak Jones in the semifinals tomorrow.

match stats.png

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
interesting lineup. stuart and kyren are favorites for sure, having both been in the finals before. stuart and gilbert are typical attack players and more one dimensional than the other two.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, this year probably most upsetted edition ever.
Looking like Wilson -Bingham final. I'll say Bingham has edge the way he is playing plus his experience as former World Champion

wsco1.PNG

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never seen this before and not sure I quite understand it. After black ball was placed on the spot, it kept rolling off. After a back-and-forth between Ronnie requesting the ref to reposition the black, Ronnie was not satisfied. He 3evern asked Stuart to take a look at it. Stuart said he agreed with whatever Ronnie thought. Ref says this is the last time I will place it. Instead of shooting the red straight in the corner. Ronnie played safe. Commentators said that was good sportsmanship by Ronnie that he did not shoot the red in the corner.

View attachment 756298

View attachment 756299

View attachment 756300

i'm not sure i agree with the commentators (or commentator, it was mainly neil). the ball didn't seem to go when black was in correct place. ronnie has a history of bullying the refs. on one hand he thinks they're too slow, on the other hand replacing a ball without it rolling to an indentation would take forever and ever. he said in post session interview he was trying to make a principled point but it's rather unclear what principle or point that would be

Reactions: JAM

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i'm not sure i agree with the commentators (or commentator, it was mainly neil). the ball didn't seem to go when black was in correct place. ronnie has a history of bullying the refs. on one hand he thinks they're too slow, on the other hand replacing a ball without it rolling to an indentation would take forever and ever. he said in post session interview he was trying to make a principled point but it's rather unclear what principle or point that would be
The whole thing is very unclear and I don't think Robertson helped.

I think a player should ask only one time to check the placement.

I think the referee should have a method to place the ball exactly on the spot when critical, as it was here.

Neither of those happened.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I think the referee should have a method to place the ball exactly on the spot when critical, as it was here.

Tapping works….

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Ronnie wants to win another WC he probably has to accept he's not going to win every frame in one visit anymore. He's got one of the best safety games around and may have to rely on it more in longer matches rather than taking on tougher shots he would've been a favorite to make 3+ years ago.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

the chinese promotors have a digital overhead method in their events. not sure about its mm tolerances, but it's probably better than just eyeing it up.

Reactions: JAM