3C tournament over the weekend

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We had a small 3c tournament over the weekend and this young man had an incredible run of 16!

He was up against Dave Gross in the final

Thank you for posting this Trung, I had a great time playing Luis who is a great player. But he only ran an 8 against me in the finals with 30pts in 21 innings 😲😂. He ran the 16 against someone else earlier in the 8 man knockout round. I was lucky to get 2nd.

GK Billiards is a very friendly room with 3 10' Carom tables and several 9' carom and pool tables. They are located on Federal Blvd in South Denver. Thank you for hosting this tournament.

Dave

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave ... Correct me... it look like Luis was using a Pool Cue??
I didn't take a good look at it but I think he borrowed it because I saw him unscrew and give it to someone. I think it was one of McDermott's carom shafts, but not an aggressive taper. If that's the case his performance was even that much more special.

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Who won the event?
That's what always counts for me.
You didn't read my more detailed post above. Luis made 30pts in 21 innings, I made 19 in 20 innings. I averaged .950 and felt like I was underwater. Luis is a beautiful player from Columbia.

The format was 12 players played to the final 8 single elimination. First round to 20pts; next round to 25pts; finals to 30pts. The interesting part of the knockout round was that they redrew the players each round instead of brackets, I was lucky that I didn't draw Luis in an earlier round. They paid first and second place only: $200 1st, $160 2nd. Can you say lunch money? 😂🤣

Hope you're well, Bill.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Gold Member
Silver Member
luis
dave came in 2nd
ty Larry.
You didn't read my more detailed post above. Luis made 30pts in 21 innings, I made 19 in 20 innings. I averaged .950 and felt like I was underwater. Luis is a beautiful player from Columbia.

The format was 12 players played to the final 8 single elimination. First round to 20pts; next round to 25pts; finals to 30pts. The interesting part of the knockout round was that they redrew the players each round instead of brackets, I was lucky that I didn't draw Luis in an earlier round. They paid first and second place only: $200 1st, $160 2nd. Can you say lunch money? 😂🤣

Hope you're well, Bill.
Nice work Dave! I'm hanging in there.

Thank you Dave for driving all the way to Denver for the tournament! You played amazing! It was our first event so we will try prepared better for the next one.

Hopefully in a week or so we can setup the other Gabriels and install new Simonis on all 4! We will also have digital scoreboard that will keep track of players playing records too!

bes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had a small 3c tournament over the weekend and this young man had an incredible run of 16!

He was up against Dave Gross in the final

Really glad I stumbled on this thread! I enjoyed both the high run and the finals video. Dave finds and jumps on double the rail shots like they are candy! Both play really well, but Luis is particualarly good with his position play and hits his short angles and drop ins amazingly well.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Really glad I stumbled on this thread! I enjoyed both the high run and the finals video. Dave finds and jumps on double the rail shots like they are candy! Both play really well, but Luis is particualarly good with his position play and hits his short angles and drop ins amazingly well.
True story about Luis, he is an excellent player in another class.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I only knew what you’re talking about🤣 I’ll have to watch the videos.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well doesn’t he look like a pool player?
Luis recently won a 9 ball tourney at GK Billiards. Not sure of the level of competition but I would say he does play pool, too. But primarily a 3 cushion player.

GK Billiards probably has video of some of his play, but I have not seen it yet.

Reactions: bbb