$40,000.00 One Pocket Match, Part 1

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I have been a lurker on this site for years, never posting until now.

I recently got back into the game, found a cue maker to work with, finished the design and it's in progress as I type, started seriously practicing, and got some books to hone my skill back to where I was or hopefully better.

I don't think I've read a story like this in this forum...

That was an amazingly exciting and vivid story. It truly brought me straight back to my "un-employed" days hanging out in Phoenix. I love pool so much. Not only for the thrill of money games, but of the comradery and closeness pool players have. It is in stories like this that we can all find a home. I would bet that posters on this forum, reading this story, if they are not familiar with your pool room already, can immediately picture something like this happening in their own pool hall.

Thank you so much for sharing that. It really made my day. Now I'm ready to take a long lunch and bang some balls...

And with your very first post, you've made my day.

The pool world is a small community. I remember when pool was almost all I could think about. This journey continues to be one of highs and lows and as long as I have my health I will continue on this path. I enjoy sharing my journey with others and encourage others to do the same. It's nice that you and others can imagine this scenario happening at their own pool room

I have never been a guy who always believes everything he hears and when I have heard these tales of big money games, I always listen and take it with a pinch of salt. When you're close enough to know the real deal and know it's on the up and up, it makes the sweating even better. There's nothing like taking an active part in one of them.

Again, thanks for posting. I'm glad my story pulled you out of the lurking mode. :) Now when opportunity presents itself, let's hope that you will be bringing a story back to the forum, maybe on your own personal renaissance.