5 Line Quarters System Overview

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's the rub.....all fractional systems have gaps, including yours, and those in the know are well versed in that but will not speak up here. AtLarge is the exception to the rule.
Although, there a strong degree of accuracy to what you present, there are still fine feel adjustments that are required. See if Dr Dave will present your work in BD as a no gap center cue ball with the same stringent guidelines as used for CCB CTE. No chance that Dr Dave would endorse that assertion, nor would Bob Jewett.

If a player is so low level that they can't telll a 2 from a 3 they will need all the help they can get. But telling a 2 from a 3 is only a few days worth of work. It's that simple.

Stan Shuffett

I agree that for balls sitting close to a rail it should only take a few days to become somewhat familiar with certain angles. Not precise, but familiar. Move those balls out into the middle of the table (away from the rails and farther from the pockets) and the angles look completely different and become much more difficult to visualize.

It's an art that requires an acquired skill. Pick ten people at random and ask them to sketch a simple image, like Porky Pig or SpongeBob SquarePants. Even with the image in front of them, maybe one or two will naturally be able to get very close. Then three or four will be close enough that after a little practice they might be able to do it. But there will always a few that have no artistic ability at all. These people will have to invest many hours of practice before acquiring the skill needed to draw the image.

This occurs in all areas of learning, especially in pool, where certain images aren't plainly seen but visualized or imagined. Most pool players have the time to play once a week for 2 or 3 hours. That's why the average remains stagnant in skill level. If they had more time, or had a Stan Shuffett or Dr Dave available in town for weekly lessons, I'm sure the learning process would go as quickly as you say. But that's just not the reality of it. I've seen the same players struggle year after year, despite decades of available aiming info like ghostball and traditional fractions.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd just rather watch and listen to him. Too much work to learn.

Pool players should be saying the same thing about Stan regarding "who wouldn't go to him for lessons"?!! and some other pro instructors. But look what happens on pool forums unlike the music. They blast him, CJ Wiley, Mike Sigel, Shane, Geno, and a number of players/instructors.

Can you imagine someone telling Bonamassa what he's teaching or does couldn't possibly work and he's a snake oil salesman charging for something that's going to hurt them and others just to make money? Doesn't even make sense, does it?

Welcome to the wonderful world of POOL FORUMS!

Good point. I've said before that I'd never discourage s player from getting private lessons or purchasing any material or gadget that they think will improve their game. Ultimately, it's personal experience that influences people the most, not someone else's opinion. There are exceptions of course.

Anyhow, I met Joe Bonamassa last year. He was so cool and humble, showed me a couple of licks as nonchalant as an old friend would do. I've seen him live several times and he's always fantastic.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Anyhow, I met Joe Bonamassa last year. He was so cool and humble, showed me a couple of licks as nonchalant as an old friend would do. I've seen him live several times and he's always fantastic.

This had to be like a dream come true for you. I don't play any instruments and it would be a dream come true for me also. WOW!

Stan might kick my ass for putting this video up but it is on youtube. Anybody who thinks Stan isn't cool should see this video. Not because he's shooting under a curtain again or discussing the Revo shaft or CTE, but check out the T-shirt he has on. He knows who the GOD of the guitar is!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJlaNmOpFMo

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
stan
i just watched your video
thanks for taking the time to do it
as always alot of great information shared
thanks again

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i just read thru the posts
its sad that the aiming threads always get a side discussion thats negative that runs concurrent with posters who want to stay on topic
spiderwebcam i agree denwit and lou often are attacking
but your discourse with bc21 isnt on topic either
just sayin
i think besides
they dont post in the cte thread restrictions you proposed which i think is a good idea
there should be a forum called
" aiming bashers go at it" forum....:D
there everyone can say what they want
not have to talk about aiming since the learning stops when the bashing begins
jmho
icbw

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
its sad that the aiming threads always get a side discussion thats negative that runs concurrent with posters who want to stay on topic
just sayin
i think besides
they dont post in the cte thread restrictions you proposed which i think is a good idea
jmho
icbw

Hey, No attack from me to Stan. I was just commenting that the book "Poolology" has the fraction align numbers up on the diamonds and was wondering if he had read it. No guessing to the fraction numbers with Brian's book. No attack... just curious.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
just sayin

Sometime just like driving your car to a destination, detours are required. We took a road off track to get back on track. I think BC21 and I are good. (for now):thumbup:
We weren't battling. But I hear ya.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
This had to be like a dream come true for you. I don't play any instruments and it would be a dream come true for me also. WOW!

Stan might kick my ass for putting this video up but it is on youtube. Anybody who thinks Stan isn't cool should see this video. Not because he's shooting under a curtain again or discussing the Revo shaft or CTE, but check out the T-shirt he has on. He knows who the GOD of the guitar is!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJlaNmOpFMo

Yes, it was a great time! I asked him about his picking technique for speed and he was just so down to earth, no arrogance or hint of down playing me as a nobody. The guy is a class act.

I've seen this revo video by Stan and never noticed the shirt!! Great taste Stan! No comment on the curtain. Lol. It's cool too. I did something similar with fractional shots using my system.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
It's NOT the BCA Instructors program!

It is the PBIA
Professional Billiard Instructors Association

randyg

Sorry, but back in 2004 there was no PBIA that I recall. When did BCA start the pbia program?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Sometime just like driving your car to a destination, detours are required. We took a road off track to get back on track. I think BC21 and I are good. (for now):thumbup:
We weren't battling. But I hear ya.

Yeah we're good. :thumbup:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,
Denwhit blatantly bashed my video lesson on purpose right out of the gate just to prop up another system....and knock me down a little. The reason that I catch a little slack, I reckon, is because the moderators recognize what is taking place.

Stan Shuffett
Didn't take the haters long at all to enter my video lesson thread.....lead by Denwhit followed by Lou. You two are real pieces of work.
Congrats haters.

Quoting you making an ad hominem attack makes *me* a hater, lol.

Lou Figueroa
still chuckling

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just sayin
i think besides
jmho
icbw

No attack from moi.

Lou Figueroa
Stan OTOH...

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by evis:

The only person that cares...is you Lou.

Apparently.

Lou Figueroa
sad but true

Why do you care? You're an avowed non-aimer. Just "see the shot" and shoot.

You hover in the aiming forum on a branch like a bird of prey looking to swoop down for the kill. And you've done it for 20 damn years. 12 years here on AZB.

You have no reason to be here nor belong in this forum. Yet, here you are every single day and get away with it.

What can you possibly bring to the table that's enlightening, positive, and on topic? Past history says NOTHING.

Last edited:

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by evis:

The only person that cares...is you Lou.

Why do you care? You're an avowed non-aimer. Just "see the shot" and shoot.

You hover in the aiming forum on a branch like a bird of prey looking to swoop down for the kill. And you've done it for 20 damn years. 12 years here on AZB.

You have no reason to be here nor belong in this forum. Yet, here you are every single day and get away with it.

See the shot is an aiming system!!!!
Lou has a system, oh my God.

randyg

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See the shot is an aiming system!!!!
Lou has a system, oh my God.

randyg

Works for me :)

I am interested in all things pool. I have books on my shelf that contain scads of aiming systems, alignment systems, CB systems, kicking systems, banking systems, and on and on. I love hearing about what people come with. Some, like Brian's system are pretty nifty. Other stuff, not so much.

Lou Figueroa
didn't know you needed
a passport to get in here

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Works for me :)

I am interested in all things pool. I have books on my shelf that contain scads of aiming systems, alignment systems, CB systems, kicking systems, banking systems, and on and on.

Yet not once, ever, have you discussed or shared any of it. Maybe you bought the books for the library but never cracked them open.

I love hearing about what people come with. Some, like Brian's system are pretty nifty. Other stuff, not so much.

Like what other stuff?

Lou Figueroa
didn't know you needed
a passport to get in here

Various troublemakers who knock certain aiming systems shouldn't even be allowed in with a passport.