Would you be interested in an official AZB Discord server?

• Yes

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Someone has to experiment with new technology.

The best application of discord is virtual screen sharing.

How can billiard utilize mass screen sharing?

Surveying groups of people to optimize value is a popular exercise.

Discord could be for the investors to VIP experience the future of tech while the cyber bums squat for cheap.

Would you want access to private technology? Discord is like for repair and maintenance people, they help repurpose materials.

Imagine teaching ten people to farm mushrooms or garlic or basil. Its a thing for young people to learn technology.

For pool it could how to hack the billiard streamers to harden defenses, bounties are paid for access control.

Pool people have money, cyber people have free time. Appeal to the space community the same way, money and rights.

My vote brings its own organization to the table.

Hacking a streamer is not the same as asking your child to turn the system on and off. Its a special skill set and not all systems are the same.

Its like saying do you want a professional surgeon trained in medical colleges in the US, or some guy with a knife?

Or would you rather the fire alarm system or the fire fighter response time?

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would think the CRT golden score would be an old RADAR screen. New from Sony I believe it was, $60,000. Most have no doubt went to landfills by now.

This chat thing does sound hi-tech to this old geezer. Reminds me of the worldwide mailing list I was on in the late 1980's. There were about a dozen of us that would get active in the evenings, US time, It was very close to realtime chat. Somehow it had became perhaps the most exclusive group in the world. Only about twenty members, all but two of them with world championships or world records under their name if not both. The owner and myself were the only clunkers on the list!

It does seem like this set-up would harm AZB unless the traffic was directed through AZB.

Hu

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm unfamiliar with that term "discord." Please provide some more color. Chats are fun, but sometimes they can get unruly, for lack of a better term. I am reminded of the Window's Open podcast with WPA president Ishaun Singh. He got pounded, and it wasn't pretty. A lot of the recent WPA happenings are not 100 percent his family, but yet he is the poster child of WPA today. The ugliness coming from some of the chat posters was hard to read.
i don't know what discord is either but what you're describing is true of 99% of chatrooms since the beginning of internet. pool players are no worse than others in that regard. i usually turn off the chat on youtube streams
Googed it. Discord seems to be a brand name. Probably appropriate for the mixed content/media.

zetetikos

Would definitely use the discord but it will definitely segregate the forum based on age. Probably have more luck making reddit billiards discord, that's a better age and comfort level with tech for it.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Might the term being referred to here actually be “discourse”, not discord?

justnum

Silver Member
Discord would be to teach people how to set up computer clusters at home to boost your yt score.

I need AZB discord to give me cheat codes for organizing a billiard group at school or workplace.

The AZB forum is not that place, this is more business side oriented.

justnum

Silver Member
The current AZB tech does not allow for virtual group screen or audio sharing.

The first electrical signal is for light.
The first radio signal is wireless.

Spend the money, if new technology is being released. Scientists and research teams are trying to raise money and measure a technology adoption cycle, likely they predicting future pricing.

The discord is an online live sharing system. Imagine everyone broadcasting their own weather or local news. That is a dangerous organizational tool. It can also be used for first responders and identify emergency locations.

Who has time to open HTML and upload in an emergency, when you can open discord and have a team of people listening and ready to respond.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Might the term being referred to here actually be “discourse”, not discord?

No, Discord is a brand name of chat room software. Immensely popular with younger folks.

There are nearly 200 million active users on Discord (around 750 million registered users), organized into channels covering nearly any topic you can think of.

IMG_5622.jpeg

Last edited:

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Would definitely use the discord but it will definitely segregate the forum based on age. Probably have more luck making reddit billiards discord, that's a better age and comfort level with tech for it.

The r/billiards subreddit has 162K members, if you’re looking for something closer to real-time chat. They also have a public Discord room that I imagine will be fairly active.

We’re on an “old folks” platform here, and our numbers will likely decline as we age-out (to put it gently).

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No, Discord is a brand name of chat room software. Immensely popular with younger folks.

There are nearly 200 million active users on Discord (around 750 million registered users), organized into channels covering nearly any topic you can think of.

View attachment 735864
I see, thanks. On surface, the name sounds like an unhappy place🤣

Boogie pretty sure you can make your own discord address and start it yourself. I personally never partake in it. I play a lot of puzzles and survival(have like 5 characters going) but have never once used or signed on the states’ or my alliances’ discords even when the “big” events are happening. I would be tempted to sign in from time to time if there was one here though.

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMHO an AZB discord channel would quickly resume as a troll nest !

When you read all the stupid crappy moronic posts by justunum , you know you'll be immediatly forced to code a bot dedicated to ban justunum and all his avatars... wasted free time it is.

justnum

Silver Member
IMHO an AZB discord channel would quickly resume as a troll nest !

When you read all the stupid crappy moronic posts by justunum , you know you'll be immediatly forced to code a bot dedicated to ban justunum and all his avatars... wasted free time it is.

I only post because there are no Americans where I live. I have to go to China to date someone.

Ive been here more than a decade and I am past my expiry date.

Its been fun operating in AZB again. I will be off to find personal happiness and better quality of life.

North Korea I hear needs expats. I am current in a of tech. I hope I am worth the money and time.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I only post because there are no Americans where I live. I have to go to China to date someone.

Ive been here more than a decade and I am past my expiry date.

Its been fun operating in AZB again. I will be off to find personal happiness and better quality of life.

North Korea I hear needs expats. I am current in a of tech. I hope I am worth the money and time.
Dude, that ain't right.

justnum

Silver Member
Dude, that ain't right.

I am not government property.

How long would you put up with low pay, inability to live independently while watching all the money get spent and travel vacations?

Which government had to bribe scientists to join?

The writing is on the wall, you got a proposal.

When your community doesnt take care of you ...

How many days does an educator get the time to travel? I usually attend pro pool events.

In America you have to choose based on money and options. There just aren't any here.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I am not government property.

How long would you put up with low pay, inability to live independently while watching all the money get spent and travel vacations?

Which government had to bribe scientists to join?

The writing is on the wall, you got a proposal.

When your community doesnt take care of you ...

How many days does an educator get the time to travel? I usually attend pro pool events.

In America you have to choose based on money and options. There just aren't any here.
You have been here for a decade enjoying the very freedoms this country provides and you make a comment like that about nk?? You've lost your mind!! Go. Please!!! I'll help you pack!!!

justnum

Silver Member
You have been here for a decade enjoying the very freedoms this country provides and you make a comment like that about nk?? You've lost your mind!! Go. Please!!! I'll help you pack!!!

I prefer the covert missions that are long term, I thought it was obvious. When was the last time a NK sleeper made it over and back?

I am single, Asian, scientists and pool player. Its a good fit for me. I have no kids.

Marriage and civilian life never happened.