7 brand new Steve Klapp cues for sale!!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
175   0   0
Please see the album linked here: http://imgur.com/a/JOWD5 - please scroll through all photos, high resolution!

Details as follows:

#1 - 6 pointer, Tulipwood into Rosewood. 3 high, 3 low points. Natural, Orange, Black veneers. Flawless black leather wrap. Comes with One 140 Year old growth shaft. Maple stitch rings at joint and at Hoppe ring. Juma joint, ferrule and Hoppe ring. Tip is currently a pressed Triangle but can be changed with purchase.

$1100 shipped

#2 - 4 pointer, Curly Bubinga into Curly Maple. Black Irish Linen with white specks. Red veneer stitch rings in tan phenolic. Two 140 Year old growth shafts. Juma joint, ferrules, and Hoppe ring. Tips are an Ultraskin M and a Madman H. Tips can be changed with purchase

$800 shipped

#3 - 6 pointer, Bacote into Rosewood. 3 high, 3 low points. Electric Blue, Brown, Electric Blue veneers. Maple stitch rings at joint and Hoppe ring. Juma joint, ferrule, and Hoppe ring. Pressed white Irish Linen wrap with black specks.Pressed Triangle tip. One 140 Year old growth shaft.

$1100 shipped

#4 - 6 pointer, Rosewood into Extreme Cocobolo. 3 high, 3 low points. Titlist veneers in a different arrangement. This cue is extremely vivid and eye-catching in person. Maple stitch rings at joint and Hoppe ring. Perfect Black leather wrap. Juma joint, ferrule, and Hoppe ring. Pressed Triangle tip. One 140 Year old growth shaft.

$1100 shipped

#5 - Plain jane, incredible cocobolo with a stained curly maple handle. Some of the best coco out there bar none. Wrapless. Black rings at joint. Juma joint, ferrule, and Hoppe ring. One 140 Year old growth shaft. Pressed Triangle tip.

$600 shipped

#6 - Full splice 4 pointer. John Davis blank conversion, Ebony into Curly Maple. Almost completely pitch black, very handsome cue here. Titlist veneers. Wrapless. Maple stitch rings at joint and Hoppe ring. Juma joint, ferrule, and Hoppe ring. Pressed Triangle tip. One 140 Year old growth shaft included.

$1100 shipped.

#7 - One piece 140 Year old growth Maple butt with a pressed White Irish Linen wrap with green specks. Absolute beast of a cue. Cueball joint and Hoppe ring, Juma ferrule. Perfect in every way, just plain. The old seasoned maple is something special. This is the one I want to keep so I'm pricing it high. One 140 Year old growth shaft. Pressed Triangle tip.

$650 shipped.

All cues are 3/8x10 SS pin and 13mm. All are new. All are laser straight. A few have been chalked by potential customers. I left the chalk on for pictures in the interest of full disclosure. None have been played with for more than a few balls to try out. All tips will be dressed up before shipping. Tips can be changed if you prefer something different. Paypal preferred. USPS Money Orders and personal checks accepted, but cues will not be shipped until payment clears.

Please PM with any questions.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
175   0   0
Let's bring this one up to the top. Sorry about the pictures hosted offsite, but I couldn't load them all in one thread.

2 cues are in the works to sell now. PM me offers or interest!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
175   0   0
Sold a couple locally not listed here. Lets drop the price on all of them. 6 pointers 950, Davis 950, etc. PM me if you have any interest.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
175   0   0
Any 6 pointer for 900! Davis blank for 950! Plain Jane for 450! True stunners here! :D

PM me if you have any questions!

azforumrider

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's my grandson's christmas present.

Please see the album linked here: http://imgur.com/a/JOWD5
#6 - Full splice 4 pointer. John Davis blank conversion, Ebony into Curly Maple. Almost completely pitch black,
very handsome cue here. Titlist veneers. Wrapless. Maple stitch rings at joint and Hoppe ring.
Juma joint, ferrule, and Hoppe ring. Pressed Triangle tip. One 140 Year old growth shaft included.

$1100 shipped.

the number 6 cue is davis blank #204 purchased by me and verified by martin bick, superiorcues.com.
I purchased the blank end of may 2014.
it was delivered to steve klapp with signature confirmation.

the cue was to be for my grandson, Christmas 2014.
steve klapp never delivered cue and never refunded money or davis blank.
all receipts are available.

cue is paid for in full.

davis blank #204 @ $475.00 plus $25.00 s&h, steve klapp $450.00 = $950.00

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
175   0   0
the number 6 cue is davis blank #204 purchased by me and verified by martin bick, superiorcues.com.

cue is paid for in full.

Hello Mr Jim Holmes,

You received the cue as a very simple conversion at a cost of $400.

You expressed dissatisfaction with the cue because it was all black. It included black collars and a black butt cap with a rubber bumper.

You sent it back to Steve, he still has the box you sent it in for a return. How did you "never receive the cue"?

Steve agreed to sell it and refund you $400 for the work and $450 for the blank.

He added nicer rings and joint to dress it up for a buyer who wanted a gorgeous ebony full splice.

You now claim it is your cue. Please remit $200 for the additional work or continue to hold for a refund as agreed to. I have a few interested buyers in this cue so you should have the cash quickly.

The fact that you have not paid for the cue means it is not yours. You wanted a refund of $850 and will get it ASAP.

It really hits the balls well and everyone who has touched it has fallen in love with it.

I'm sorry for the confusion. You have been repeatedly banned from AZ for issues in the past. Please stop trying to get something for nothing.

Sorry for the bump but I cannot abide a known scammer, Jim Holmes, from pulling moves that damage reputations.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
352   0   0
I spoke with Steve Klapp yesterday and today regarding this matter. As of this evening Steve is shipping the cue to the buyer of the blank and including all the additional work at no cost! I tip my hat to Steve for taking the high road to resolve the matter. The photos of the competed John Davis longsplice ebony blank look really good. I hope everyone is happy now. Martin

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
His Dime .. Again

None of my business, but it goes to show not all cue builders deserve some of the "Bad Press" that some of these repeat offender 'no named computer cowboys' recklessly throw out there like candy to damage a working mans reputation. Steve has yet again gone above and beyond on HIS DIME...again to try to make thing right even with the most unscrupulous mud slingers and 'back sliders' this cue building business is having to deal with more and more. Its just like another idiot did to him earlier this year. Times are really tough across the country and the economy is about to tighten down even more.

If I was in the Cue building business I wouldn't take a 'New cue' Order with less than *80% upfront and payment in full on delivery.... For repairs/rebuilds/refinishes etc only up front moneys talk. That way everyone involved has the same skin in the game at time of the agreement. No one is left handing and adjustments can be made in a responsible manor between the all interested parties. I hate seeing this kinda crap slandering a small business owner to try to steal away the mans labor. No one deserves to get squeeze out of his time or money.

The "Go ahead and built it and then mail it to me when your done to see if I like it"... ain't business like for any cue business when there's money owed for the work. That would never fly in my book as a builder.

Also I think Mr Klapp has to stop trying to fix other people's lack of morals, memory problems or whatever the next 'customer argument' will entail. A LACK of UPFRONT detailed Work order terms and Payment Agreements (BEFORE the work starts) sets everyone in the Custom Cue building industry back when crap like this has to be dealt with... Everyone else's cue prices go up/ time delays for the real paying customers are longer/ builder personal stress is MUCH higher etc etc. Get your Money before you sweat it... (ie set a minimum limit of anything say > $100, then its cash upfront or 75% up front_. Working Pro Bono after that fact costs everyone.

Trust is just about gone these days unless you really know the person and have done repeat business with them in the past. Hoping or Asking people (pool players specifically) to 'act like adults' when THEY solicit/commission a cue builders 'business time' shouldn't be necessary. But guess where we are in 2014... dealing with yet another idiot trying to get something else from someone else.

Business practices must be tightened up if the small guys are gunna stay around. Personally I don't think I'd of been able to send that cue back "for free".... it would still be held hostage until a new (different) owner enjoyed it. Then I'd settle the cash outlay... Given this guys history here on AZ... Pffffffftt Not sure what I'd charge for the headache of dealing with all of this mess. I really don't envy anyone in the cue building "TRAP" they have as a business model. Not for me....

But like I said...its none of my business. Just feeling the pain. btw Steve's Cues are some great hitting cues. :wink:

Randy

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Rating - 98.9%
88   1   0
Your cue is being shipped to you right now here is the tracking. Thank you sir. 😊😊

Attachments

• 20141105_105125.jpg
    20141105_105125.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,087

ProZack

Zack's "On the Road" Cue Repair
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have dealt with Steve the last few months and he has been GREAT with me. He has went out of his way to make me happy. And I am VERY picky! I would refer anyone to Steve. My cue is in the mail and I feel like a 12 year old on Christmas Eve!

Thanks Steve

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Steve still owes me a shaft from a deal that took place about 3 years ago. I paid for a cue with with 2 shafts and only got one shaft. I sent the cue back for a weight adjustment and the cue hadn't been touched, the pin wasn't changed or ANYTHING like he promised. It Weighed the exact same as when I shipped the butt to him. Anyway, he can keep the shaft I don't want it. However, he needs to make another deal that was concerning a Richard Black cue and another cue for 3 of his cues right. He is still owed one more cue with 2 shafts and another shaft for the last cue he sent him because he pulled the same (hey man the other shaft is almost done and I will ship it next week, just wanted you to go ahead and get your cue) move on him also. It was supposed to be the very next cue leaving his shop around 9 months ago. Now there are 10 or so brand new Klapp cues online. What a f&$@"@& joke! Both of them get online so a lost way of commincating sure isn't a good excuse. Steve is really a like able person to talk too and he talks one HELL of a good game but this is as sh@&&@@ as it gets.

Alright I spoke with Jeff Mclamb tonight and he has got called in to work all weekend but wanted me to post the entire story. Jeff sent Steve Klapp a Richard Black cue and a Mike Capone cue to have some work done. The charge for the work was $350 which Jeff also sent to Steve. While he had his cues they worked out a trade that was Jeff giving the Richard Black cue, Capone cue, letting him keep the $350 plus sending an additional $800 in exchange for 1 plain Jane with TWO SHAFTS, and 3, 12 pointers (6 up in the forearm and 6 down in the buttsleeve) all with TWO SHAFTS a piece. He received the first plain Jane with ONE SHAFT only and was supposed to ship the other shaft out the next week. Time goes by and he never recieved the second shaft but received the 2nd cue that was 6 up and 6 down with curly pyinma and some other wood. This cue arrived also with ONE SHAFT. YEARS go by and Steve has now relocated in Charllote. Jeff calls and gets some more promises on the 3rd cue. Jeff told Steve if it would speed it up just to make the last 2 cues as 8 pointers with no points in the buttsleeve. (I am talking to Jeff all during this time and by this point which was over 3 years later he just wanted his cues for the $1150 and 2 cues he sent to Steve. He gets the 3rd cue AGAIN with ONE shaft with promises AGAIN that the extra shafts are indeed coming. He was promised his last 8 pointer a couple of months later and still no 8 pointer over a year later. I was wrong in my first post about 9 months it had been longer than that.
Ideologist Jeff does not want the offer that you sent in a pm to me of a PLAIN JANE TO MAKE THE DEAL RIGHT. What he will take is EITHER a 12 point, (6 up 6 down) OR an 8 pointer (with 2 shafts along with the other 3 shafts that are OWED to him just exacttly like STEVE is supposed to do. So you can tell Steve if you would like OR JEff will tell him this when he is off work and calls him Tuesday or Wednesday. He may possibly get to call tomorrow but he said definitely since he got called in all weekend that he would be calling Tuesday or Wednesday at the very latest. He did want me to let you know that just AS SOON as he gets the CUE with TWO SHAFTS and the other THREE SHAFTS in his hand that he would contact me to edit this post.

Last edited:

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Steve still owes me a shaft from a deal that took place about 3 years ago. I paid for a cue with with 2 shafts and only got one shaft. I sent the cue back for a weight adjustment and the cue hadn't been touched, the pin wasn't changed or ANYTHING like he promised. It Weighed the exact same as when I shipped the butt to him. Anyway, he can keep the shaft I don't want it. However, he needs to make another deal that was concerning a Richard Black cue and another cue for 3 of his cues right. He is still owed one more cue with 2 shafts and another shaft for the last cue he sent him because he pulled the same (hey man the other shaft is almost done and I will ship it next week, just wanted you to go ahead and get your cue) move on him also. It was supposed to be the very next cue leaving his shop around 9 months ago. Now there are 10 or so brand new Klapp cues online. What a f&$@"@& joke! Both of them get online so a lost way of commincating sure isn't a good excuse. Steve is really a like able person to talk too and he talks one HELL of a good game but this is as sh@&&@@ as it gets.

Your right communication is the key to any business relationship. Have you tried contacting him in a couple of years? Maybe you could respond to the PM sent to you with Steve's new phone number (as he's asked) and things can get resolved. Due to him relocating his business at that time and other factors, things might have gotten a little out of order having to build a new shop and get things all transferred down south. "Things" /Mishaps do happen as we get older..trust me.

I'm sure if you give him your contact information again now he'll 'make good' on any 'mishaps' now that he's settled into his new shop location. Obviously he's actively working building cues now why don't you take him up on the offer to contact him and just see what happens? After that, maybe you can respond back here to the above post... There might be a different take on what has transpired and what get 'remedies'... Maybe?

Randy

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Your right communication is the key to any business relationship. Have you tried contacting him in a couple of years? Maybe you could respond to the PM sent to you with Steve's new phone number (as he's asked) and things can get resolved. Due to him relocating his business at that time and other factors, things might have gotten a little out of order having to build a new shop and get things all transferred down south. "Things" /Mishaps do happen as we get older..trust me.

I'm sure if you give him your contact information again now he'll 'make good' on any 'mishaps' now that he's settled into his new shop location. Obviously he's actively working building cues now why don't you take him up on the offer to contact him and just see what happens? After that, maybe you can respond back here to the above post... There might be a different take on what has transpired and what get 'remedies'... Maybe?

Randy
Yea, I worked until dark today and did receive a pm and replied to it as soon as I saw it. Jeff is working until Friday and will be in contact on his day off. I gave up on the shaft years ago and have made ALL of the attempts I am going to make on it. He should have been in contact with ME years ago and/or currently if he was that concerned with it. I am a little disappointed that I had to bring it to the public eye in order to feel like he cares now, but am glad he is trying to do the right thing. Thanks for the reply Randy.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   0

cue is paid for in full.

davis blank #204 @ $475.00 plus $25.00 s&h, steve klapp $450.00 = $950.00

Is the Jim Holmes aka the notorious Barkcinnamon?
J Holmes
PO Box 312232
Jamaica, NY 11431-2232
United States

AKA...

NYCueCollector
poolplayer1714
barkcinnamon
tinlizzy
jjj129
cuerepair1969
tripod
parismango
parisblackwood
scroogemcduck
donnasummer
wallstreet
stanley
blogmole
loniwheels
NYCustomCues
leebang
james chong
21whiskey
barkcinnamon
jackiestax
PMS
torpedo
bonami400
looey
wireless
janicethewrench
8ee
freestroke
singular
poached

etc etc..

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
175   0   0
Is the Jim Holmes aka the notorious Barkcinnamon?
J Holmes
PO Box 312232
Jamaica, NY 11431-2232
United States

AKA...

NYCueCollector
poolplayer1714
barkcinnamon
tinlizzy
jjj129
cuerepair1969
tripod
parismango
parisblackwood
scroogemcduck
donnasummer
wallstreet
stanley
blogmole
loniwheels
NYCustomCues
leebang
james chong
21whiskey
barkcinnamon
jackiestax
PMS
torpedo
bonami400
looey
wireless
janicethewrench
8ee
freestroke
singular
poached

etc etc..

Yes sir. That's why I was so perturbed that he got to come slam a cuemaker on here while owing $200 in unpaid work. Another scam for another day I guess