99 dollars for custom cue? gotta be worth trying

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found this craigs ad from a guy in Salem, his designs are nothing special but the wood is still pretty, 99 bucks?? Next time I go to Salem I will swing by and check them out in person, at least to get a purple heart shafted breaker. Any familiar with this guy?

http://salem.craigslist.org/spo/4345388064.html
Its worth a look. Sometimes an up and comer is just looking to supplement the cost of doing more work by moving product at rock bottom prices. Especially if its a hobby not a living.

However I'd see if you can get your hands on them where you can try them out.

The last time I test drove some early work they were rough. Rings popping, shafts like an aluminum bat.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a brother in Salem I go down to shoot pool with, I'll definitely try a couple of these out then and update the thread with some closer pics and a quick review

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can help you out Wright Shot...

Pick the cue you want from the pictures and send me $500, I'll order the cue and have it delivered directly to you and your wife won't have to second guess your new purchase.

Always willing to help out an AZ'r when they need it.

:wink:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Pick out the cue you like and pay the man.....and tip big!
I have made many cues for under one hundred dollars, its a lot of work for the money.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Anyone know who the cue maker is?
I looked the pics over shopping'. Is it me or is a few of the cues missing pins?
I'd look harder but that red cloth is KILLING my eyes!

Rob.M

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know who the cue maker is?
I looked the pics over shopping'. Is it me or is a few of the cues missing pins?
I'd look harder but that red cloth is KILLING my eyes!

Rob.M

I imagine those are just the unfinished ones he used in the picture to make his selection look better

cbrand

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I contacted him so maybe ill be able to find out if they play good or not. I think they look better then most cues for 100 bucks.

Wright Shot

Sugartree Madness
Silver Member
Pick the cue you want from the pictures and send me $500, I'll order the cue and have it delivered directly to you and your wife won't have to second guess your new purchase.

Always willing to help out an AZ'r when they need it.

:wink:

Hey Thanks TC! That would be a lot easier for to believe. Lol. I should have thought about that. Lol

OP, keep us posted...

Chris

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Heap big deal,Kimo Sabe"

Maybe this guy is up to no good,but then again he may have read a few of my post
and decided to get in on the fun
dean

cbrand

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been emailing with him but it sounds like he is not a member here, he received a few emails from members here and said he might check it out.

mcsock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have gotten a couple of email from him with his phone number. I will be calling him tomorrow. Will try and post what I can.

ProZack

Zack's "On the Road" Cue Repair
Silver Member
I have contacted this guy and he is making me a cue as we speak.. I was going to post it on this forum after I received the cue and found out its quality.

I haven't heard from him in a week or so.... I'm going to try to contact him today

Charlie Edwards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have contacted this guy and he is making me a cue as we speak.. I was going to post it on this forum after I received the cue and found out its quality.

I haven't heard from him in a week or so.... I'm going to try to contact him today
What's his name?