A good idea for TV and pool

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
In order to promote my sport of pool in a good way. My idea is to have a Kids vs Kids team event on TV. That is where it should be for pool...all under 18 playing for full ride through college. Anyone like my idea?

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I think it's a great idea, but you still need advertisers/sponsors to provide the money for the prizes and TV production (very expensive). In order to get the advertisers/sponsors you need lots and lots of viewers...so we're back to the same problem. It will need a lot more viewers than two schools worth of kids, parents and their extended families.

With the kids/college-prize-money angle you might get one minute on the local evening news...which would be a huge success; more than the US Open got -- but even that is a crap shoot. The news director will tell you "Yeah, our camera crew will be there at 4pm to do a 10-minute clip", and then never show up (something else like a traffic accident came up).

Last edited:

wahoo bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good luck I hope that works

Just kidding buddy. It's Bob , in Charlotte , call me about my 1st trip to US Open. You won't believe it.

wambamcam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In order to promote my sport of pool in a good way. My idea is to have a Kids vs Kids team event on TV. That is where it should be for pool...all under 18 playing for full ride through college. Anyone like my idea?

It's a good idea for pool, but not tv. Watching pool is something 99% of viewers don't care for. Heck, the vast majority of league players, whom the billiards industry survives through, and play multiple days a week get bored watching others play. TV pool does not translate to the masses and there's a reason pool is one of the lowest rated programs on ESPN.

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
Imagine watching a 30 year old and up spelling bee? It is possible that people would watch young kids play a game better than they can themselves?