A little update

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sam...#1, you were practicing wrong. The greatest improvement comes from short bursts of high focus, doing drills (for only a few minutes at a time) that allow you to 1) know why you're doing it; 2) knowing what you expect to gain from it; 3) knowing how to measure your success; and 4) understanding that this type of very disciplined, structured practice isn't supposed to be "fun". Like I told you months ago, if you really want to learn how to improve, save your $$$ and come to pool school with Randyg.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I just really don't like doing drills alone for a few hours straight. It's incredibly hard to be highly motivated for that long for something that doesn't really bring you anything in the end, especially since it's possible to achieve the true goal (having fun) without playing pro speed and putting all the time needed.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Sam...#1, you were practicing wrong. The greatest improvement comes from short bursts of high focus, doing drills (for only a few minutes at a time) that allow you to 1) know why you're doing it; 2) knowing what you expect to gain from it; 3) knowing how to measure your success; and 4) understanding that this type of very disciplined, structured practice isn't supposed to be "fun". Like I told you months ago, if you really want to learn how to improve, save your $$$ and come to pool school with Randyg.

Scott Lee

Save your breath, Scott. This whole circus was a joke from the start. Who burns out from playing Pool in their first 7-8 months??

If anything, the whole look at me routine seems like just an elaborate, narcissistic ego boost. You know, "look how talented I am to play at this level after *only* 3-4 months of picking up a Pool cue..." Awesome.

Taking Sam's story at face value, it kinda goes like this- From 100% beginner to "B" speed in 4 short months, then ZERO progression from month 4 to month 9.

Eric >next on AZB

SamLambert

Daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Save your breath, Scott. This whole circus was a joke from the start. Who burns out from playing Pool in their first 7-8 months??

If anything, the whole look at me routine seems like just an elaborate, narcissistic ego boost. You know, "look how talented I am to play at this level after *only* 3-4 months of picking up a Pool cue..." Awesome.

Taking Sam's story at face value, it kinda goes like this- From 100% beginner to "B" speed in 4 short months, then ZERO progression from month 4 to month 9.

Eric >next on AZB

Save YOUR breath and stop posting on here instead.

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Eric >next on AZB

Oh, THANK YOU SIR !!!!!!!

Now our little boy will give you a red rep and call you STUPID !!!!!!!!!

That's his style !!!!!!!

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Oh, THANK YOU SIR !!!!!!!

Now our little boy will give you a red rep and call you STUPID !!!!!!!!!

That's his style !!!!!!!

Eh. I think most everyone on AZB figured this kid out a long time ago. You and I basically said what everyone wanted to.

Eric

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eh. I think most everyone on AZB figured this kid out a long time ago. You and I basically said what everyone wanted to.

Eric

You 're so right. Yes, I figured this out when he started posting here.

Trying to show everyone how humble he is and how he wants to learn the game and become a good player.

Everything was a part of a "show".

And not the kind of show I like watching.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
All true.......................

JoeyA

Sam, thanks for the humbling update.

You just proved you are human.......:thumbup:

Most people who are "pro level" at anything, have a lot of natural ability PLUS a super-human level of competitiveness, that lasts for years and never burns out....they often do not have a well balanced life.....

You are one of the few who put their game and progress on display for all to judge, that already makes you a winner ;)

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you guys just want to jerk each other off, you can do so in PMs.

YOU ARE SO PATHETIC....

It's really funny.

YOU ARE SHOWING YOUR REAL FACE NOW !!!!!!!! AFTER 10 MONTHS !!!!!

Keep posting like that. Everyone will actually realise who you really are.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
You 're so right. Yes, I figured this out when he started posting here.

Trying to show everyone how humble he is and how he wants to learn the game and become a good player.

Everything was a part of a "show".

And not the kind of show I like watching.

C'mon, some find it entertaining. I mean, who in their right mind goes through so much trouble to fabricate a story, trying to get everyone's admiration and adoration?

Sam might be AZB's latest "Real Housewife of AZ Billiards". Too funny, lol.

Eric

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is no need to stress over comments that are basically * I told you so's*. Dont let those words get to you, and most certainly dont start arguing about them on public forums. It makes a man seem cocky and ignorant :( Try to keep a humble attitude even when a few individuals state something you'd rather not hear.
Im sure that you knew when you started this thread that the 'naysayers' will tune in too. Dont poison the well as you said yourself with negative shouting front and back, bad repping each other etc.

I wish you the very best of luck in the future, with or without the game of pool :wink:

SamLambert

Daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
There is no need to stress over comments that are basically * I told you so's*. Dont let those words get to you, and most certainly dont start arguing about them on public forums. It makes a man seem cocky and ignorant :( Try to keep a humble attitude even when a few individuals state something you'd rather not hear.
Im sure that you knew when you started this thread that the 'naysayers' will tune in too. Dont poison the well as you said yourself with negative shouting front and back, bad repping each other etc.

I wish you the very best of luck in the future, with or without the game of pool :wink:

You are very much right. I should've just ignored the posts.

Harder than it looks, just like getting to pro speed.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just FYI Sam, Randy and I are doing two 3-day pool schools in Minneapolis in August. I just checked airfares from Quebec to MSP, and there are several flights for $300-$400 RT. The rates for these pool schools are $500 per student (that's $200 less than our normal rate, and almost $1000 less than some other schools). It would be the best money you ever spent.

Scott Lee

This might happen eventually. Distance is a problem though.

Also, thanks for the advice.

SamLambert

Daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Just FYI Sam, Randy and I are doing two 3-day pool schools in Minneapolis in August. I just checked airfares from Quebec to MSP, and there are several flights for $300-$400 RT. The rates for these pool schools are $500 per student (that's $200 less than our normal rate, and almost $1000 less than some other schools). It would be the best money you ever spent.

Scott Lee

That is much more affordable than I thought it would be. Worth taking in consideration.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
That is much more affordable than I thought it would be. Worth taking in consideration.

Sam, do you not have any certified BCA instructors in Quebec? Montreal would be a shorter trip than to the US.

I'd also take PT's advice. When I hit my slump when I started playing pool, I started waching straight pool. And got into it. Started playing it a lot more. It teaches you a lot about the game, and you can play it by yourself between the drills and the other games. Variety will keep the learning process fresh.