A new web series based on pool league - 8 for Vegas

stilesjp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John: thanks for the link to the finale! Nice. Enjoyed it. Looking forward to more!

Glad you enjoyed it!

We just shot a teaser and update yesterday. I'll have it up tomorrow, I believe.

Thanks everyone for the donations and the kind words!

stilesjp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey all.

Not sure if you had a chance to read this. It's an article I wrote about the birth and production of 8 for Vegas: http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=9885

Also, we've received $429 in donations since Friday, and a lot of that is due to AZ forum viewers. Just wanted to say thank you! We're getting there, and we couldn't be more excited.

John

stilesjp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only 18 hours left on our fundraising campaign...

http://igg.me/p/80380?a=156784

I know there are a lot of APA players who've visited this thread. I'm a 7, been one for a couple of years now, and it's probably the worst thing to happen to me in the APA. I went from playing every week (or almost every week) to playing once every 2-3 weeks. Not to mention, we play so many teams where the skill levels on the other teams never make it past 5, it's not even worth throwing me up to play.

Not that I can't beat a 5, but the variables of APA play throw so many different wrenches into the game that one simple mistake can cost me the match. Sigh.

So, I sat again last night and watched my team lose 2-3, which was unfortunate. But, like every league night, I was getting some interesting ideas for season 2. Plus, I just enjoy hanging out with my friends.

Anyway. Thanks for reading and watching and possibly donating!

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
One word "Sandbag"...

Of course, I'm kidding.

I've been playing in the APA for 10 years. I've been a SL6 for a couple years now, but I've always aspired to be a SL7. I always try to play the best player on the opposing team. I don't sandbag. I always play to win. I always call out the safes that I play.

I feel I'm right on the threshold of graduating to 'Sevendom'. Currently I'm 29 wins for my last 30 matches played. The best 10 matches of my last 20 I average 1.42 innings per game. In my last 20 matches I average 1.93 innings per game.

Having said all that, I feel like I'm gonna be in the same boat as yourself John. Our team is already top heavy with 2 SL6s and 2 SL5s. So when/if I do go up, I may be out of a job, so to speak.

I feel your pain.

Goose1972

Banned
are you going to do an episode on the sl2-3 that is coached out of a 3 rail kick only to miss an amazingly easy defensive shot, because they have no understanding of speed, who then give the coach attitude for not letting them trying their impossible shot. thats my favorite part of pool league.

stilesjp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
are you going to do an episode on the sl2-3 that is coached out of a 3 rail kick only to miss an amazingly easy defensive shot, because they have no understanding of speed, who then give the coach attitude for not letting them trying their impossible shot. thats my favorite part of pool league.

Oh man, I have so many stories just like that.

I remember playing the division finals one year, and a 4 was coaching a 2 to do a 3 rail kick shot on the 8 (rubber match), when she could have easily just touched the 8 and safetied my player.

The 5 on the team was trying to talk the guy out of it, but he was so convinced it would work, he told him to shut up. She shot at it and scratched in the side pocket. Then he started yelling at her for screwing it up.

Or there was the time that I had this 2 on my team that was asking for a coach after her opponent broke. I said she didn't need one, and she started yelling at me and then wouldn't take a coach from me or anyone else for the rest of the game.

Yeah, no ****ing morons on the team in Season 2 ;)

stilesjp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One word "Sandbag"...

Of course, I'm kidding.

I've been playing in the APA for 10 years. I've been a SL6 for a couple years now, but I've always aspired to be a SL7. I always try to play the best player on the opposing team. I don't sandbag. I always play to win. I always call out the safes that I play.

I feel I'm right on the threshold of graduating to 'Sevendom'. Currently I'm 29 wins for my last 30 matches played. The best 10 matches of my last 20 I average 1.42 innings per game. In my last 20 matches I average 1.93 innings per game.

Having said all that, I feel like I'm gonna be in the same boat as yourself John. Our team is already top heavy with 2 SL6s and 2 SL5s. So when/if I do go up, I may be out of a job, so to speak.

I feel your pain.

I was a 6 for about 5 years or so... ended up going 13-1, 12-0, 13-1 in three back to back seasons, won MVP all three times, instant 7. Or, reasonably instant.

Those are good stats you have, whew. My matches over the last year have been shit. I'm not practicing (or playing enough). My game is suffering, unfortunately.

Last edited:

stilesjp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey all,

Just an update. We'll be starting production on season two of 8 for Vegas on the weekend of June 23rd and 24th, in NYC. If you're around and would like to hang out and watch, let me know on our FB page (or email us via our site 8forvegas.com).

http://www.facebook.com/8forvegas

Thanks to all of you who donated, and those of you who watched and have enjoyed the series!

I hope those of you who went to Vegas this past week had a fun time.

John

Last edited: