Accessories checklist for home table?

tonemachine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys are awesome, lots of great info here. As my Olhausen came with everything I need, I returned all of it when I returned the table....

As I am waiting for my new, refurbished table, I'm compiling my list of things to get and I want good quality the first time. A nice, concise list would probably benefit any newbies coming here.

I'm going with Aramith Pro-cup balls and Masters chalk.
I have a quality McDermott cue from years ago that suits me fine for now.
What brand rack is recommended? Delta Aluminum? There have always used wood and plastic at pool halls so metal make me wonder....
Bridge stick?
Decent affordable house cues for visitors/kids
Tip shapers?
Anything else?

Thanks!

QuickEdward

Silver Member
Things to have:

• A sign prohibiting Masse shots and Jump shots.
  • Ample countertop or tabletop real estate so that no one is tempted to put a drink on the table or balance a cigarette on the rail.
  • A good cover for when the table is not in use.
  • If smaller kids are allowed to play I would suggest a couple of short cues and maybe a milk crate or something similar to stand on.
  • A handful of push-on tips. Inevitably your house cues are going to have a tip pop off. Push on tips will allow your guests to still get use out of them until your replace them or have them re-tipped.
  • A spare tin of spots.

Things NOT to have:

• Chalk that isn't the same color as your cloth.
  • Cone chalk (it's the work of Satan I tell you!)
  • Goofy, cheap rubber chalk koozies that hang from your pockets by a nylon cord.