Accustats buffering problem

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
Is anyone else watching the DCC accustats
Stream having significant buffering problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
Thank you - yes it’s unfortunate. I’ve watched the Bigfoot from home for years, and attend the final two days in person - can’t sacrifice the time to go both weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Can't understand why they can't fix the problem after having the same issue for many years albeit this event seems worse. Really difficult for me to buy a PPV stream from them in the future.
US internet infrastructure is kind of like the roads in countries where the roads are made of mud. Unfortunately our roads aren't much to brag about either.

dendweller

US internet infrastructure is kind of like the roads in countries where the roads are made of mud. Unfortunately our roads aren't much to brag about either.
That's true, but if a lot of people are getting buffering errors with this stream and stream other content with no issue I think something else must be going on. I have fiber and have no cable TV, just streaming services and I haven't see buffering in quite a while.

boogieman

That's true, but if a lot of people are getting buffering errors with this stream and stream other content with no issue I think something else must be going on. I have fiber and have no cable TV, just streaming services and I haven't see buffering in quite a while.
I don't mean on the end user side, that's usually sufficient. It takes a beefy connection to upload a video in real time. If you look at your internet package you'll see the upload is much slower than the download, same thing for those broadcasting. Any hiccups and we see it, on the upload or throughout the server chain.

dendweller

I don't mean on the end user side, that's usually sufficient. It takes a beefy connection to upload a video in real time. If you look at your internet package you'll see the upload is much slower than the download, same thing for those broadcasting. Any hiccups and we see it, on the upload or throughout the server chain.
So it may be the fix people would like to see is OSPN spending more in infrastructure. Who knows if they make enough for that to be possible.

Suppose the limit could be what they can get going out of the hotel too.

dendweller

What's kind of amusing is that there is a pool room close to me that does a live stream regularly called the sharkstream. I've never seen buffering problems with that.

VVP

Registered
It's more of an in-house problem. One of the tech guy told me he was trying to fix it.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... If you look at your internet package you'll see the upload is much slower than the download, same thing for those broadcasting. ...
I get my internet service from a company that seems to care about my business and has customer service. This is home service and it's over wi-fi from my router to my desk. Hint: not Verizon or ATT. Maybe there is no good provider in southern Indiana.

1674410793352.png

boogieman

I get my internet service from a company that seems to care about my business and has customer service. This is home service and it's over wi-fi from my router to my desk. Hint: not Verizon or ATT. Maybe there is no good provider in southern Indiana.

View attachment 683154
Dang, mine has crap upload. We only have the cable company here, not much choices. The funny thing is less than 40 miles away there is a small town that is half Amish and they have fiber though a community made co-op.

1674411260510.png

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dang, mine has crap upload. We only have the cable company here, not much choices. The funny thing is less than 40 miles away there is a small town that is half Amish and they have fiber though a community made co-op.
I'm pretty sure they are capping your upload. One of the companies I mentioned above brought their lawyers in and stopped a fiber co-op that people were trying to start around here. One more reason I don't go with the big ones.

But 40Mbps ought to be plenty to stream HD if the path is clear back to wherever it is redistributed. I suspect that at the Horseshoe they are competing with the hotel guests at some point in the path.