Adam and Helmstetter cues

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys I'm looking for a little input here. I have a older Helmstetter that I bought on here and I really like the way it hits I have a chance to buy a Bushka copy made buy Adam. What I was wondering is since Helmstetter had his hand in both companies will the hit of the cues be similar?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only way to know for sure is to try it.

In my experience the Hemstetter and Bushka copies are pretty similar in their playing characteristics. The Bushkas have always been overpriced IMHO, just because of the name, but they are actually well made nice cues.

They're all ultimately Adam cues...which means they're all Helmstetter's...if ya catch my meaning....

I believe another company took over the Balabushka name though, so I am not sure if you are talking about the latest ones. I don't know anything about them really. Somebody around here was posting about that recently. Maybe Manwon? I am not sure.

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
I own a 70's Adam and a Balabushka LTD-3, I always loved the feel & hit of the Adams, then I started playing with the Balabushka and have not gone back to my Adams or my Palmer in a long time, the Balabushka has a really nice hit, solid feedback, and the balance seems to be a little bit more forward then my other cues. The Balabushka is the best hitting cue I have ever owned. Pics are in my gallery, if you are in the Tampa area, you are more than welcome to try them all out and compare.

Last edited:

call shot

Call Shot
I think they (Adams) made some of the nicest production cues period. I have GB23 and GBLTD2 and I like the feel of them better than the Helmstetter as to me they feel a bit more forward weighted. It might be just a perception caused by shaft taper as the shaft inmy GBS are 11.75mm and the Helmstetter is 13mm. HOwever, you claim to feel the same forward weighting so maybe here really is something to it.. All are beautiful cues and maybe or maybe not overpriced but the quality is excellent. I have no idea what any of new models will be like since they will no longer be Japanase made. Good luck. Maybe try a different shaft.