Alex Brick J/B Weight Removal

HoustonInt

Big John's Cue Repair
Silver Member
Hello, I recently purchased an Alex Brick jump/break and really like the hit but the cue is extremely heavy at 25.3 oz. I thought it was heavy due to the dymondwood but I have seen many others in the 19-20 oz range so am thinking maybe there is a weight bolt in it.

The weight distribution is:

• Whole cue: 25.3 oz
  • Shaft: 6.1 oz
  • Jump handle: 5.1 oz
  • Jump butt: 14.0 oz

When I look under the cap, I'm not sure if this is a weight bolt that can be removed or if there are any other ways to lighten it?

Attachments

• Alex Brick Weights.jpg
    Alex Brick Weights.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 505

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something looks off with the weight bolt. Usually, you should be able to simply remove it with an Allen wrench or screwdriver. I mean, if that IS a weight bolt.

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've owned an Alex Brick and when I removed the bumper, it was threaded for a weight bolt but no weight bolt. Yours looks like someone installed one.

HoustonInt

Big John's Cue Repair
Silver Member
I checked it with a magnet and it doesn't appear to be metal. Not sure why the butt is so heavy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HoustonInt

Big John's Cue Repair
Silver Member
The butt is so heavy because it's dymondwood.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thanks Grimm. This is my first dymondwood cue but I see many other dymondwood cues that are in the 19 - 21 oz range (Tony's and Alex's) so I'm not sure why this one is so much heavier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GrimmCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The lighter versions of that cue have been cored with maple or something similar. The cue you own was built specifically to be close to the weight that it is.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk