Allison Fisher vs Efren Reyes

S

Sputnik

DDKoop said:
Maybe someone could verify this but from what I hear there is someone that Efren won't play for money and that's Jose Parica. Could be wrong but I heard some players saying it at a Joss tournament a while back. I guess Amang is a killer money player.

When Efren dislodged Amang Parica as the pool king in Manila in the 80's, he did it in both money games and in tournaments.

Efren is a very traditional, superstitious, simple, discreet, positive, pleasant, helpful, and respectful person.

He will always have a distinct respect for Amang not because he fears Amang, but because Amang deserves the respect.

Efren is not like an alpha male lion. Efren leads by example. He never cuts down his "subordinates", but he puts some sense in them always by citing his wise ways. The man is a genius even without education.

As a mentor, Efren has somehow successfully guided Django through, but he will be put to the test because he now has Ronnie Alcano beside him in the Puyat camp. Ronnie can be impossible sometimes, but being a 1000% Efren fan, maybe he can be handed down the missing ingredients to make Ronnie a Pool Great someday.

Last edited:

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allison couldn't beat Efren on a football field with 6 holes in it. As a matter of fact, if she wants some, "MUCH EASIER ACTION". I will stake Reed Pierce "REAL HIGH" to play her some snooker on the modest 5X10 snooker table. Yes, Karen can get action too. The only reason I wont let Reed play her on a 6X12 is Reed has never hit a ball on a 6X12. YA'LL get yo money together and come see us in good ole Jackson, Miss. You can pick the 5X10 we play on. You got my #. I'll be waiting to hear from ya.

accdealer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sputnick, correct me if I am wrong, but I understand that Ronnie has crossed Efren for the very last time. Despite overstaying his visa in the US, I am told that even when he legally is able to return to the US, that Efren will not permit him to come back. As I understand it, Efren is the leader, and if you screw him over too many times like Ronnie did, you will not have the privelage to play pool here in the US.

Joseph Cues

Cue Nut
Silver Member
accdealer said:
Sputnick, correct me if I am wrong, but I understand that Ronnie has crossed Efren for the very last time. Despite overstaying his visa in the US, I am told that even when he legally is able to return to the US, that Efren will not permit him to come back. As I understand it, Efren is the leader, and if you screw him over too many times like Ronnie did, you will not have the privelage to play pool here in the US.
Where did this rumor start from?
Efren doesn't have that kind of power and he's not that vindictive.

S

Sputnik

accdealer said:

In the first place, Efren has a slight seniority air in him, but not to the extent of destroying another's career.

Secondly, Efren has a soft spot for Ronnie. Among all the pinoy pros, it is Ronnie who has studied his idol the most. I remember seeing Ronnie a few times asking Efren how this and that was done - and Efren would patiently teach Ronnie. I think Ronnie has a picture of Efren in his room with candles lit beside it :) Efren even said it himself that among the pinoys, it is Ronnie who knows how to execute the most of his shots. As recent as Cardiff, Efren had Ronnie beside him most of the time - playing chess or just hanging around.

So there is no truth in Efren being angry with Ronnie.

K

King Cueball

Reyes Fisher

I dont fisher would stand much of a chance with efren,His skills are way better and when money is on the line i dont think the spot would help her That much. Im not saying She would not win a few games but in say a race to 10or11 she would have No chance

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard that Allison lost some of her motivation in pool. One of the announcers on ESPN said that she's more interested in tending to her garden these days. On the other hand, I heard that Karen is practicing every day and playing in some mixed tournaments and is hungry to improve her game. She might be a better match for a money game. I'd like to see them match up for money for several different sessions so we could see what kind of spot she would really need to make it a competetive game.

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
Rickw said:
I heard that Allison lost some of her motivation in pool. One of the announcers on ESPN said that she's more interested in tending to her garden these days. On the other hand, I heard that Karen is practicing every day and playing in some mixed tournaments and is hungry to improve her game. She might be a better match for a money game. I'd like to see them match up for money for several different sessions so we could see what kind of spot she would really need to make it a competetive game.

fisher was MUCH better when she first came over. too much 9ball has dulled her senses.

H

halhoule

ALLISON FISHER VS EFREN REYES

THERE ARE ALL GRADES OF PROS. THE VAST MAJORITY OF PROS HAVE NEVER WON A PRO TOURNAMENT, AND NEVER WILL. THERE ARE MANY, MANY PROS WHO COULD NOT STAY WITH FISHER OR CORR.

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re: ALLISON FISHER VS EFREN REYES

halhoule said:
THERE ARE ALL GRADES OF PROS. THE VAST MAJORITY OF PROS HAVE NEVER WON A PRO TOURNAMENT, AND NEVER WILL. THERE ARE MANY, MANY PROS WHO COULD NOT STAY WITH FISHER OR CORR.

Absolutely right Halhoule. Only problem is, there all GIRLS.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re: ALLISON FISHER VS EFREN REYES

Originally posted by halhoule

Halhoule,

I agree with you. There are a lot of pros that are not in the top 20 and they would have a hard time hanging with Allison or Karen. I would think that those male pros in the top 20, though, would beat Allison, Karen or most any other top woman pro most of the time. However, in a TV tournament, I think the women have a chance in a race to 7. If she's having a good day and she gets the rolls, the woman could win once in a while.