maybe we can get him to come to my house when you bring my table

a few minutes of play on my table
will be all it takes

i really think will ought to have one of your centennial tables

He would love it

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Asking that is like when AZB members ask me how much i charge for my rebuilds, to which i always respond, "if you're going to ask me publicly, then it's out of your price range"

I dont think he was offended , he private messaged me.

Building a similar concept light for a centennial :)

Asking that is like when AZB members ask me how much i charge for my rebuilds, to which i always respond, "if you're going to ask me publicly, then it's out of your price range"

This is the centennial LED light I make for my tables......awesome light over the tables.
25E45589-DEDC-4BA8-899C-E7AA30D70781.jpg

298F7C92-09BD-48DF-8FEA-FB1555FB5F8F.jpg

7F779377-D94C-47D5-973F-98D226D34FFE.jpg

Mark Gregory

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
This is the centennial LED light I make for my tables......awesome light over the tables.
View attachment 479548

View attachment 479549

View attachment 479550

Mark Gregory

It looks awesome! A while back I parted out a 9' Centennial that was in worse condition than I thought. So I am going to build a custom light with the extra side aprons and using LEDs from Richard down in Texas ( beneath_the_sur is his name on here). I am sorta gonna reverse what you did, but, having the corners made of wood and obviously everything else the polished aluminum side aprons. Won't be done anytime soon since it is not for a customer, but, I will get it done by summer.

p.s. I think deanoc might be thinking the same thing, I saw him post in the wanted section lookin for a set of aprons!!

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Well Said..... from here on out I’m letting u do all my responding.
Have a great day Will.......and one day I want you to own one of my tables.
I’m trying very hard to sell my tables to people that appreciate the play as much as they do the looks of the table.
And I’ll take your GC1 in on trade...
thank you
Mark Gregory
PS.....love when people sign their name to their post.

Thanks Mark!
I am sure we will talk tables and pool at some point.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
Btw, I know a chap down Texas way that can hardly wait for his Centennial! :thumbup:
All the best,

Will Prout

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Too much sentiment for will to sell his table

but it would look good in the car room

He needs one of your centennial tables

maybe we can get him to come to my house when you bring my table

a few minutes of play on my table
will be all it takes

i really think will ought to have one of your centennial tables

He would love it

I bought the GC1 from a friend in Canton, Ohio when Nixon was still in office.
It's been a while. I will have to keep it for the duration.....
Will Prout

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful tables Mark. What is the color of simonis on Billys table in the picture of you guys? Looks lighter/brighter than normal simonis green?

Thanks,
Ian

Thanks Mark!
I am sure we will talk tables and pool at some point.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
Btw, I know a chap down Texas way that can hardly wait for his Centennial! :thumbup:
All the best,

Will Prout

Brother.....do I know he’s waiting....he calls just to make sure I’m ok and working on his table......lol
I’m trying hard to figure out how he can make everything he shoots at....that way he will keep the table....lol
Hope all is well my friend.....and would love to talk with ya......I have a few good ideas with the game.
Thanks
Mark Gregory

...man, they look high and bright.
just saying, about the light...

Yes the light is hung high....so the light don’t block the view of the room....not a poolroom...Billy has and awesome home.
Plus the LED lights are 9000 lumens and there are (2) 2x4 panels in my lights.
You’ll understand better when you get old like us and can’t see the other end of the table.....LOL

It sure is a brite light....I may want to put the silver Lovbers in instead of the white to cut down on some of the light.

But it lights the entire room up as well...and that’s what we wanted.

Mark Gregory

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
:smile: I see ya, balancing room ascetics’ with the added feature of camera’s keeps all
things billiards interesting; maybe not as important as the table set-up, but still ,
plays a role in the overall comfort and outcomes.

I know it’s bad of me enjoying your sleepless tweaking of the table that I thought was
already perfect for the fella that expects his table to handle all of his shots, to be made,
pocketed, carry on…
...enjoying the challenge, don’t let it be the last attempt though.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always admired the anniversary tables. But the metal work is to contemporary for my man cave space. I keep picturing it covered in rust and that would look killer in my room. I think its the art deco style more than anything that would clash with the rest of my stuff. I'm doing the industrial, turn of the century steampunk style myself.

I've looked at some really old antique tables but I bet they don't play nearly as well as a modern contemporary table. I could be wrong though.

Still beautiful work on the restoration! I'm sure somebody will admire it and find a home for it!

:smile: I see ya, balancing room ascetics’ with the added feature of camera’s keeps all
things billiards interesting; maybe not as important as the table set-up, but still ,
plays a role in the overall comfort and outcomes.

I know it’s bad of me enjoying your sleepless tweaking of the table that I thought was
already perfect for the fella that expects his table to handle all of his shots, to be made,
pocketed, carry on…
...enjoying the challenge, don’t let it be the last attempt though.

Thank you and yes...sometimes it’s keeps me up all night thinking of better ways of doing things.....lol
Crazy I know....but when the table turns out like one of these......brother it’s worth every sleepless night....lol.....well maybe.😜
What alway bothered me most was when I was playing and betting my last dollar.....and the tables played like shit....man it’s not bad enough your betting your last dollar....now you have to fight the table as well.
That’s what helped me go this direction....the bad thing I’m still on my last dollar...lol

Mark Gregory

Attachments

• CC334674-AC78-4572-98C3-6C591F0A7D6C.jpg
    CC334674-AC78-4572-98C3-6C591F0A7D6C.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 180

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you and yes...sometimes it’s keeps me up all night thinking of better ways of doing things.....lol
Crazy I know....but when the table turns out like one of these......brother it’s worth every sleepless night....lol.....well maybe.😜
What alway bothered me most was when I was playing and betting my last dollar.....and the tables played like shit....man it’s not bad enough your betting your last dollar....now you have to fight the table as well.
That’s what helped me go this direction....the bad thing I’m still on my last dollar...lol

Mark Gregory

wow that is gorgeous! IMO the best table on the planet.

Is this one English green also? I think I am going to go with that on my next recover, looks nice.

wow that is gorgeous! IMO the best table on the planet.

Is this one English green also? I think I am going to go with that on my next recover, looks nice.

Thank you...and it is the Simonis English Green cloth.
Really looks great.....I’m trying to use that color as mush as possible.

Try it and you will love it....brings back the old school pool table look.
The only reason they use the blue is to make the balls show up better for TV....but when’s the last time pool was on TV other than the Mosconi cup.....SAD.

The blue looks bad in 2 weeks of play....the green stays nice much longer.

Mark Gregory

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thank you...and it is the Simonis English Green cloth.
Really looks great.....I’m trying to use that color as mush as possible.

Try it and you will love it....brings back the old school pool table look.
The only reason they use the blue is to make the balls show up better for TV....but when’s the last time pool was on TV other than the Mosconi cup.....SAD.

The blue looks bad in 2 weeks of play....the green stays nice much longer.

Mark Gregory

I would think room owners would go with green over T blue in a second. But on the other hand its harder to tell when green is dirty too, T blue keeps ya honest if you are worried about the tables being super clean. For non commercial use green would naturally not be as dirty as a pool room table, well depends on the player for sure.
I just did a job in Omaha and he requested Blue-Green Simonis and I really like that. I know you dont want to answer me, but, have you used the Simonis X-1 Cleaner yet? I bought a case of them from Felice at Simonis and so far so good, I used one after installing 2 tables, they played league on both for 2-3 hours and used the X-1 on them and it worked well!

Trent from Toledo