Another big $1,000 entry 600 and under tournament...

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Starts today at my home room, Racks in Sanford.

128 players. Total payouts will be approaching $200,000. Run by our local guy, Dominick Dunn.

People coming in from throughout the country and two of my buddies who play each other all the time managed to draw each other in the first round. They'll be up on the live stream at 11 AM.

Either one of them could snap it off. But then, in these things there are a lot of people who can snap it off.

If you happen to be in the area come on by. It'll be a zoo, but it's a great room with plenty of seating and genuinely good food.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

128 players. Total payouts will be approaching $200,000. Run by our local guy, Dominic Dunn.

People coming in from throughout the country and two of my buddies who play each other all the time managed to draw each other in the first round. They'll be up on the live stream at 11 AM.

Either one of them could snap it off. But then, in these things there are a lot of people who can snap it off.

If you happen to be in the area come on by. It'll be a zoo, but it's a great room with plenty of seating and genuinely good food.

These things are getting pretty common now. Only reason is FargoRate, players feel they have a shot. One coming up in OkCity and another in Vegas after that.

JABSolstice

I wish I could make it out as it's only about 90 minutes away. Sadly, I have to drive down to St Pete today.

Are you playing?

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I see one of our locals in the bracket. Now I have a horse to pull for in this thing.
On what size tables is this played?

JABSolstice

Nope.

The under 600s are right in my wheelhouse, but I'm not willing to throw $1000 at one!

if it's not too crazy I'll go watch a couple of the matches and enjoy an adult beverage or two though…
Have fun, man. Maybe I can join you for the next one.

Sadly, I don't have a FR so I am ineligible for all of these. I'm estimating that I'm slightly over 600 anyway, though.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
There is another played on 8 footers coming up in Jacksonville iirc.
Considered going to that one but I can't get out of town at that time.

Maybe 625 or 650 and under though, not 600.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see one of our locals in the bracket. Now I have a horse to pull for in this thing.
On what size tables is this played?

7 foot diamonds. All recovered within the past six weeks or so.

I think it's tough to find many rooms these days that have enough 9 foot tables to do something like that.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live stream should be starting soon

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

128 players. Total payouts will be approaching $200,000. Run by our local guy, Dominick Dunn.

Curious how they could pay out $200,000 when there’s only $128,000 collected in entry fees? I assume you are including the additional $ likely raised in the player auction/Calcutta, if they have one?

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep

I think the Calcutta had north of $60,000 in it.

Several side pots too.

As you say a lot of people can snap it off, because a lot of unknown players are coming into town. So it is surprising the calcutta went so high. Many of these players only needed a $100 entry fee and won a qualifier. The rest of the money from the qualifiers I am guessing go towards the total prize money.