Another Predator shaft Bites the dust .

JAW725

Southpaw
Silver Member
Well I guess your probably right it's not predators fault that they broke it's really mine i guess , it's got to be my technique I'm going to have to change a few things when I break, less follow threw , not as hard and don't put the tip on the cloth , I think that pretty much sums it up , thanks guys you've all been a help .:)

I think you should follow through as much as possible and pound them if you want to. Perhaps you should try following through like Archer, this way you wouldn't put so much stress on the joint. Royce posted advice that was given to him by Lampert/Bryant that may be benificial to you. Following through is not the problem, just how you're following through.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had one problem with a Predator shaft (the broken ferrule thing) and they promptly repaired it, so I think they will stand behind their product. I think that ferrule flaw has been fixed now.

They didn't leave much wood around that insert, did they? I'm glad I'm using partials! I would not expect a shaft to break there, that's for sure.

It looks to me like an adhesive problem and a design flaw

Chris

i've got a boat for sale. There's a good chance that the engine will fail soon but i'll take care it when it does.

i think the moral of this story is don't buy yourself into a problem

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
Update :)

Just to let you guys know I did get both shafts replaced with no charge from Predator and also I've switched my breaking habits , I don't bend the shaft anymore like in the video So I'm being really nice to the cloth on the table and I'm more stright threw when I break and level so everything worked out . Rob

JAW725

Southpaw
Silver Member
Just to let you guys know I did get both shafts replaced with no charge from Predator and also I've switched my breaking habits , I don't bend the shaft anymore like in the video So I'm being really nice to the cloth on the table and I'm more stright threw when I break and level so everything worked out . Rob

I'm glad everything worked out for you! It's good to see that Predator stands by their products and backs their customers. Hopefully they tighten up some of the quality control issues and return to good form. Predator has great innovative products but it's all worthless without quality.

sammi sam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's bit lose reputation on Predator.

On the other hand, it may happen by jont lose, I dont have photo but I was there. It's happen same thing.

just thought

macneilb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever way you look at it, that is a BREAK CUE and it should be able to take a bit of a bend. Are you telling me that when predator put all the money and famously thorough research into the design of their break cue, they didn't take into account that alot of people bow the cue on the break?

It just doesn't make sense that a company would go through all the trouble of researching the best specific taper, tip, ferrule, weight distribution etc. on a break cue and not make the joint strong enough to take a bend. The wood around the joint is ridiculously thin. The OP may bow his cue a little (alot less than many pros)... but A BREAK CUE should be made to handle that.

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
The OP may bow his cue a little (alot less than many pros)... but A BREAK CUE should be made to handle that.

It's funny you said that because I've seen pros that bend there shaft more than I did and it seems like nothing ever happens to there sticks .

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Instead of posting on this forum, I might have thought about sending those pictures to Predator and asking them if the shaft might be covered under warranty.

Just sayin',

JoeyA

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
Instead of posting on this forum, I might have thought about sending those pictures to Predator and asking them if the shaft might be covered under warranty.

Just sayin',

JoeyA

Hey JoeyA I did send them the pictures as well the link to the video and they said no problem it was Covered .

ScottTaylor

Registered
A solution to your problem

First, I must say that it is baloney that you should have to think about your technique in order to prevent breaking your cue. That is just crazy-talk :wink: Certainly, worrying about whether your cue can handle the force of the break is not going to help you sink more balls.

Next, I would say that the break cue out there with the best overall reputation is clearly the Fury Jump/Break. Beyond reputation, I've seen its magic enough times, and heard too many stories to think for a moment that there is a better break cue out there.

Now, I'll put my money where my mouth is! For any of you with a broken Predator break cue, or those of you whose BK hasn't broken yet, let's get that defect off of your hands. Send it to us, along with your address and, say, $5 to help defray our shipping expense, and we will send you a brand new Fury Jump/Break of your choice. All that we ask is that you then post YOUR success story here!

You can see the various Fury Jump/Break Cues at CueSight Pool Cues and Billiards Supplies.

Oh, we stand behind these cues 100%. If the cue was to break, it would be OUR fault, not that of your technique. You KNOW that we'd get you a replacement right away. (No, breaking it over your knee is not covered...)

By they way, any other manufacturers who are willing to borrow this idea and offer the same deal are more than welcome to step up to the plate. :wink:

I look forward to the day when people see beyond the hype...

Best regards,

Scott Taylor, President
Sterling Gaming, Inc.
Exclusive North American Distributor of Fury Cues

saddlebow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shouldn't this be in for sale?

Next, I would say that the break cue out there with the best overall reputation is clearly the Fury Jump/Break. Beyond reputation, I've seen its magic enough times, and heard too many stories to think for a moment that there is a better break cue out there.

Now, I'll put my money where my mouth is! For any of you with a broken Predator break cue, or those of you whose BK hasn't broken yet, let's get that defect off of your hands. Send it to us, along with your address and, say, $5 to help defray our shipping expense, and we will send you a brand new Fury Jump/Break of your choice. All that we ask is that you then post YOUR success story here!

You can see the various Fury Jump/Break Cues at CueSight Pool Cues and Billiards Supplies.

Oh, we stand behind these cues 100%. If the cue was to break, it would be OUR fault, not that of your technique. You KNOW that we'd get you a replacement right away. (No, breaking it over your knee is not covered...)

By they way, any other manufacturers who are willing to borrow this idea and offer the same deal are more than welcome to step up to the plate. :wink:

Best regards,

Scott Taylor, President
Sterling Gaming, Inc.

Looks like this should be in the for sale section: price, one predator BK and $5 S&H. But NOT in the main forum? Or are we going to get everyone advertising in the discussions?
Just sayin'.........and we ALL look forward to the day when we don't have to deal with anyone's hype....

RShellhouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Best regards,

Scott Taylor, President
Sterling Gaming, Inc.

Consider me your first taker...I have a BK that I just got the shaft back because in less than 6 months it warped...

PM me the info where to send it to.

R

macneilb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's funny you said that because I've seen pros that bend there shaft more than I did and it seems like nothing ever happens to there sticks .

Exactly! To ALL the posters who are telling you to alter your break and follow through more like a Acher or Nevel or Bryant, THEY ARE WRONG. I hate to be blunt but that is the truth. Everybody should break the way that should works for them. I've seen the vids of your break and you have a very, very good one. You control the cue ball, hit em hard, and make balls - so why is anyone here telling you to change your break? Change your break stick! - the 2mm of wood surounding the joint is the problem, not the way you break...lots of pros bow the cue much more than that on the break.

Only reason you should change the way you break is because it's just not working for you. When have you ever heard of a player changing his stroke to match his cue? NEVER...You find a cue that matches your stroke/the way you play...

Last edited:

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
Exactly! To ALL the posters who are telling you to alter your break and follow through more like a Acher or Nevel or Bryant, THEY ARE WRONG. I hate to be blunt but that is the truth. Everybody should break the way that should works for them. I've seen the vids of your break and you have a very, very good one. You control the cue ball, hit em hard, and make balls - so why is anyone here telling you to change your break? Change your break stick! - the 2mm of wood surounding the joint is the problem, not the way you break...lots of pros bow the cue much more than that on the break.

Only reason you should change the way you break is because it's just not working for you. When have you ever heard of a player changing his stroke to match his cue? NEVER...You find a cue that matches your stroke/the way you play...

Thank You Macneilb

The only thing I've really changed with my break is I barely push the end of my cue tip down into the table , It's more level of a follow threw , Like I know that I've tried to break like Acher , Nevel , and Bryant, but it's not my style it doesn't feel comfortable it's like a pair of shoes that don't fit right .So thank you for your comment.

Last Night me and a good friend of mine where talking about breaks last night and she said to me that she always know's when I'm breaking because she could be anywhere in the Bar that we shoot at and it's ear shattering lol but also she said like you have I have control .

Also I came aross this Pic of Van Boening how is his cue still in one piece :scratchhead: .
vanboening.jpg

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MY .02

My 314-2 shaft seems to ding more than any cue I have ever had. While I like the hit, I sure get tired of having the shaft refinished to take out the dings. And I am paranoid about taking care not to ding it.

You are completely right with the DING thing.
I have two new 314-2 shafts and they are like supersoft wood, i think.
Even if i clap my chalk on the wood, you know like snooker players are clapping - BOOM !
Yeah, realy - a ding of that, and dont touch anything with the new shaft, because you will have dings for sure !!

But here comes the best !!
My friend yesterday tipped the front of the shaft on the table a little bit harder then you should do it normaly,
but not realy hard, and what happend is this :

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=174805

Like a good friend of me is saying since more then some year !!
Predator :confused: Fuc king asian supercheap product !!
Looks like he is right :eek::grin-square:

Erich