Anyone Here Have a Room Addition to Your Home for a Pool Table?

GoldenDiamond

Registered
I was debating of adding a "pool room" off the back of my home where a portion of my patio is, because i have no room in the house (minus the living room) that is big enough for a pool table. Want to keep my garage to park in for winter time.

Anyone here actually add on a room solely for a pool room? If so, what criteria were you going for when you put the room together? Size, windows, doors, furniture, etc.?

Fastrs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I built a 500 square foot room just for my “game” room. Large enough for my 9’ table. Slider door, two large windows and had to have a electrical plug in ceiling for light. A/C and central heat.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Sorry for the large photo sizes, but it gives you an idea of the before, during and after. Criteria were that it had to look exactly like the rest of the house (like an original part of the house.). That is also one of the requirements of the HOA. I thought they did an excellent job. It did cost $80,000, so it wasn't cheap. It's approximately 40X20', so plenty of room. I have only two windows at one end (to have a view of the mountains), along with a nice entry door. I specifically wanted two entrances: one internal (a connecting door to the master bedroom) and one external (so company could go directly into the poolroom without entering the main part of the house.

Attachments

• Front Entrance.jpg
    Front Entrance.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 423
  • poolroom1.jpg
    poolroom1.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 421
  • Poolroom March 14 a.jpg
    Poolroom March 14 a.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 418
  • Poolroom.jpg
    Poolroom.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 436

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the shop.

I have a 28'x36' garage/shop connected to the house. It has in floor heat and I can smoke cigars out there with out pissing my wife off. If some friends show up for a few games we are out of the way and do not disrupt the house with our activities.

My 9' Rebco sits on one end and gives plenty of room for our vehicles and any projects.

I love being retired.