Anyone tried this ceramic shaft coating ?

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
My cars and motorcycles all have ceramic finishes on them. It's awesome. Now I see this product for cues. Anyone tried it??
1671504034881.png

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll let you know in a couple of days if this stuff works or gets dumped in my snake oil pile.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got some Turtle Wax ceramic car spray,I'll try some on a shaft I don't care about.
It worked great on my car.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got this brand off of ebay for $30 for a 30mi bottle. I got a microfiber towel and a half dozen applicator pads with it. I tried it on a carbon fiber shaft and a kielwood shaft. Instructions stated to place a drop on the application pad, wipe it on the shaft, and then buff it off with the microfiber towel and you're ready to go. They also included a pair of rubber gloves that they suggested you use as you don't want to get this on your bare skin.
My shafts were clean and not prepared in any way. That one drop (actually used 2 drops) was enough to completely coat both shafts so it looks like the small 30ml will last a long time.
I shoot w/o gloves and both shafts were fairly slick. They remained so after about a dozen racks. I read somewhere that after 2 applications it should last for quite a while. It's supposed to be resistant to chalk and oil and sweat from your hand. As I use Taom V10 chalk my shafts never have chalk on them anyway but the surface of the shafts feel like they could be cleaned just by wiping them down with a microfiber cloth.
I'm curious to see what the long term results will be.

...The application pads appear to be cotton make-up pads.
...The gloves were too small but I did use rubber gloves from my shop.
...It has a strong smell that disapears after applying it.
....There's no odor on the shafts after application.

ac.png

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been playing 40yrs. Keep hands clean and wipe shaft down with clean mf towels. Never seen the need for these snake oils. In REALLY humid weather i have used CueSilk and its ok. Tried QWax and it got dirty/sticky pretty fast. I'm back to no coatings of any kind.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
My experience with the ceramic has been great. I have it on probably 20-25 customers cues right now and everyone seems to like it. It definitely helps with keeping chalk off of the shaft, it just wipes off. Super slick surface. Costs almost nothing, I'm still on my first bottle. This is what I'm using, I got it from Amazon. I'm sure there are many others just as good, or any car finish ceramic would probably work as well. It seems to do a nice job of closing up any pores that would otherwise trap dirt, chalk, oils, etc. I just wipe with a microfiber towel once and a while. I have yet to apply a second coat but if I had to, no big deal. I'm a fan, YMMV.

Ceramic.jpg