APA Cue??

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thebigtexan...There is no "history". The APA had some cues made, to give away as part of prize packages in the national tournaments. They are, imo, neither rare nor valuable. They are reasonably well made cues.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Was wondering the history on this cue. Were they a promotional item from the APA when you started a team or?? Just curious, any info. is always appreciated!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-CUE-rare-quality-stick-cue-Billiards-Pool_W0QQitemZ390173205118

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
I like how they throw a bunch of big name cues out that they don't know if it could be. :) What a mystery.

It's got a broken ferrule and joint on an entry level cue. They are asking 3 times the value IMO.

saige45

Registered
I like how they throw a bunch of big name cues out that they don't know if it could be. :) What a mystery.

It's got a broken ferrule and joint on an entry level cue. They are asking 3 times the value IMO.

You noticed that also... huh... ;)

-saige-

Stewscue

Azbilliardacademy
Silver Member
It screams scam to me

Who sells a cue that is only shown in the case?

Thx:wink:

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
:yikes::yikes::yikes:

F'ing BRILLIANT!!!!

Why, why, why didn't I think of this before? That cue is the ultimate inspiration for a hustler cue!

Can you imagine showing up to a tournament with one of those? The action you'll get! You'll get whatever spot you want.

Sneaky Petes are over done. Bud light and other cheap logo cues are too obvious.

An APA cue? How perfect! Tell people how you won it in the APA. Think of all the stories this cue can help support! Won it for being in the league for 20 years. Won it making it to nationals that single time only. Or bought it cause these two piece league cues are what the better players use, not house cues for the beginners. Nothing communicates banger better than that.

Now, this is the perfect use of a custom cue maker. Build something like that, except with a decent shaft for better play. A nice heinous APA logo on the butt. Stick a bunch of APA "break and run" and "rackless" patches on your single cue soft case. Perfection. Run a rack on them and tell them that's why you're an SL6. LOL. Well, that's going too far. Might end up dead in the parking lot if you do that.

You want to be the guy that is awful but trying to move up to higher competition and is out of their league. People like this really exist. You've all seen those hard core league lovers that even wear the t shirts.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Scott,

My local APA used to have simiiar promotion. Organize and registered a new team of players, who had never played APA, and receive a Cuetec cue.

JustinHayes

I'll need an Orange Crush
Silver Member
I think the fairly-recent "APA" logo'd cue are Cuetecs... but I think someone mentioned that the agreement between cuetec and the APA is over and that the apa will start using another manufacturer to start branding a cue for them.

... who will the new manufacturer be?????? lol

DMTY

Gone Fishin
Silver Member
I have an APA cue that is not a cuetec in fact I have no idea who made it. I won for starting a new team. It is made from wood and has a stainless joint and plays pretty well. Only has a small "APA" on the butt cap. Only reason I stopped using it was because I had it signed by Mike Massey, John Schmidt and Earl Strickland...oh and I started coming on here and realized I had a cue buying addiction:eek:

Blackball75

Blackball75
Silver Member
On the APA site there was until very recently a poll asking players to state what branded APA products they would like to see. An APA cue won the poll by some way (as far as I can tell).

phread59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmmmm, lemme see. Cracked ferrule,cracked joint. Oh Yea, I got it-

MEUCCI!!

LOL.

Mark Shiman

DogLoop

Doing some cueing ?
Silver Member
I'm thinking that ...

Hmmmmm, lemme see. Cracked ferrule,cracked joint. Oh Yea, I got it-

MEUCCI!!

LOL.

Mark Shiman

From the ringwork, the 3/8-10 pin and the smalish 1/2 sphere bumper I'd say that the cue is a Mali ...

wdmortland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA Cue

For awhile only to members they had cues with the Bludworth name on them. In the ask the cuemakers forum he stated that he contracted them from Joss.

Ctwitty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cue

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

F'ing BRILLIANT!!!!

Why, why, why didn't I think of this before? That cue is the ultimate inspiration for a hustler cue!

Can you imagine showing up to a tournament with one of those? The action you'll get! You'll get whatever spot you want.

Sneaky Petes are over done. Bud light and other cheap logo cues are too obvious.

An APA cue? How perfect! Tell people how you won it in the APA. Think of all the stories this cue can help support! Won it for being in the league for 20 years. Won it making it to nationals that single time only. Or bought it cause these two piece league cues are what the better players use, not house cues for the beginners. Nothing communicates banger better than that.

Now, this is the perfect use of a custom cue maker. Build something like that, except with a decent shaft for better play. A nice heinous APA logo on the butt. Stick a bunch of APA "break and run" and "rackless" patches on your single cue soft case. Perfection. Run a rack on them and tell them that's why you're an SL6. LOL. Well, that's going too far. Might end up dead in the parking lot if you do that.

You want to be the guy that is awful but trying to move up to higher competition and is out of their league. People like this really exist. You've all seen those hard core league lovers that even wear the t shirts.

I see that you post on anything and everything APA related. I was wondering why you are so angry. Did someone steal one of your League patches one night or maybe your girlfriend and this is the only place where anyone will pay you any attention.