Are any Brunswick cues worth collecting?

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have looked up all the brunswick info in this site. There are some nice ones that looked to be made by adams, but I was wondering whihc ones are a good collectible due to rarity or etc?

Even the Joss Brunswicks are only worth about 100 -200 according to a post.

I have a photo of one, but due to the quality of finish I would guess it was a foreign cue made for brunswick.

The second one is another interesting 8 pointer.... that looks to be a foreign job

The there are the wille hoppes that seem to havea higher value. IS that due to the fact that they hit better???

Or are all brunswick cues from one piece butterflys to centennials, basically firewood and just conversation pieces?

Attachments

• brunswick.jpg
    brunswick.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 509
  • 8 pointer.jpg
    8 pointer.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Collections are valued by the joy they bring the collector. Not by what others think they are worth. IMHO!

Larry

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good point...

I figured that was the key factor in one measure of value.... as there do not seem to be any extraordinary Brunswicks cues that I have heard of.

So perhaps the only valued Brunswicks are the conversions by cuemakers that look "better" and esp. play "much better" as a result on the evolution of cue-building and of course superior shafts.

In such case, I assume the cue makers's brand and reputation has more to do with potential and ensuing value in such as case.

I have never hit with a Brunswick.. but can attest to the superior hit of a LD shaft such as the P+lite from pechauer or a Jaboby edge when compared to factory original shafts that came with cues of 2010 (pechauer pros series) or even cues of 2015 w original shafts (i.e. jacoby custom, and my schon cues).

I know that everyone has a different opinion of maple shafts compared to LDs but the 2010 Pechauer shaft was like hitting deadwood.. or mush... no feel... no crisp sound... and my original Schon shaft was a hard hitting shaft that did not seem to accomodate much range... at least for me. So I went to LDs. INMHO.

Has anyone enjoyed the hit of an original Brunswick cue??? WE know the wood is at least as old as the cue..... but Did they have the quality of maple woods we have today or even the same type of shaft know how in preparations, kiln or air drying, turning, aging etc used by crafters of today???

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that because of how it looks..... or because it is one of the most rare????

Is it anything more than good for hanging on a wall ?

How would one of those hit???

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that because of how it looks..... or because it is one of the most rare????

Is it anything more than good for hanging on a wall ?

How would one of those hit???

Not sure how it would hit because I have never played with one but based on construction techniqe alone. It's a keeper. I have worked on one from 1926. It was impressive

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
if you want rarity, the cues with this logo(pic below) are all one offs, adam made 100 different cues, all numbered in the early to mid eighties trying to get a contract with brunswick. when that failed, dick helmstter sent them to carl conlon to sell off.

Attachments

• brunswick 1845 no 57e  7-2014.JPG
    brunswick 1845 no 57e 7-2014.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 369

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the label info I will keep a heads up. That takes some of the confusion away.