Are four-piece cues old?

Paul_#_

I thought four-piece cues were vintage cues and had not been sold for years. Is that true? See below two four-piece cues and a shaft-less third cue for $75. There is a bar code on one of the cues suggesting its not old.

Any idea whether these are vintage cues or not?

One of the cue’s descriptions is that it’s a fiberglass cue suggesting, too, that its not old. The sales descriptions are contradictory, however. The title claims it’s a wood cue: Sportcraft 57" Wood 4 piece Pool Cue Gray Tribal Graphics-2 1/2 Cues.

The description of the cue doesn’t: Sportcraft 57" Fiberglass 2 piece Pool Cue Gray Tribal Graphics-2 1/2 Cues

The description includes ‘gray tribal graphics. Do you see that?

If these are vintage cues, $75 is a cheap price. If newer cues? Probably a fair price.

See cue at https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m92735176392/

4piece8.png

4piece2.png
4piece3.png
4piece4.png
4piece5.png
4piece6.png
4piece7.png

Attachments

• 4piece1.png
    4piece1.png
    339.7 KB · Views: 34

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
FWIW, fiberglass cues have been around for a while. Cuetec made them in the '80s. There may be others older than that.

UPCs are over a half century old.

Junk is junk, regardless of age. Those cues are just that.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually love mine, of course I only paid about 5 dollars or less at a yard sale for it ,but it was fun pulling it out in a strange pool room and beating people with it.
Just don't bet the rent money on a long draw shot but hey, I might miss that shot with any cue.