Are You Kidding me!!!

pooljunkie4ever

Grab Life by the BALL!
Silver Member
I was watching the stream between Charlie Bryant and Doug Young,
playing for the hot seat in the Lone Star 10ball Classic.

Like 3 racks in, Charlie was telling Doug he couldn't have any chalk on the table.
I am guessing, that just because Charlie uses his chalk pocket holder, he felt that his opponent should not have chalk on the table.

Is this what happened? Was anyone there to clarify the happening.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know because I haven't seen the video.

The only thing that comes to mind is maybe Charlie thought Doug was marking the rails or table or something. I'm sure there is more to this than we know.

These two have played before and I don't know of any animosity between them.

Is there any link to the recorded stream so we can watch it?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I don't know because I haven't seen the video.

The only thing that comes to mind is maybe Charlie thought Doug was marking the rails or table or something. I'm sure there is more to this than we know.

These two have played before and I don't know of any animosity between them.

Is there any link to the recorded stream so we can watch it?

Like HB don't mark the rails with his cue with all the measuring he does for kicks and banks. Most are easy kicks and bankshots I might add. Johnnyt

almer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like HB don't mark the rails with his cue with all the measuring he does for kicks and banks. Most are easy kicks and bankshots I might add. Johnnyt
i find myself lately not watching charlies matches,i do like the other matches,lots of goood players

Mitch1

Registered
hillbilly and Doug

I was at bogies watching. Doug was hittin the balls pretty good and HB was getting frustrated. So when HB returned to the table he didnt want any chalks on the table. HB got the chalks off the table and brought them to Doug. Doug then put them back on the table before HB started shooting. They argued about it and HB ran off w the set. IMO he was tryin to get in Dougs head and it worked

pooljunkie4ever

Grab Life by the BALL!
Silver Member

I was going to post the same exact thing. Hillbilly plays great. I don't know why he has to resort to this kind of tactics. Starting with his slow play, all his matches turn to snoozers. I played him at the Texas Open, it took us about 3hrs to play a race to 9, that is pretty pathic:eek:.

Thanks for the input Mitch, I can't believe someone has the nerve to ask his opponent he can't keep chalk on the table. I saw Kim went in and said something, but I really couldn catch what is was. Maybe she was compromising with Charlie saying 2 pieces of chalk. IMO, Kim should have to Charlie something.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I watched the match where CB gave Young his chalk back.....it did seem kind of strange. To me it seems that these two are not liking each other a whole lot and they started having words about the chalk. @19:23 CB had a shot on the 8 that I thought he should of used a soft shot for shape in the opp corner for the 9 but he popped it and did not get where he wanted with the cue ball, Charlie flared up and slapped the table with the leash of his chalk holder. It doesn't mean anything just something I noticed, he seemed edgy.

Last edited:

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Like 3 racks in, Charlie was telling Doug he couldn't have any chalk on the table.
I am guessing, that just because Charlie uses his chalk pocket holder, he felt that his opponent should not have chalk on the table.

It worked for him.

Falcon Eddie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It might have been a tournament rule. In the U.S. Open players are not allowed to leave their chalk on the table if it is their personal equipment like chalk holders ect.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After watching the video, it seems much ado about nothing.

Kudos to Kim White for some firm leadership. :)

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Sounds like a move to me, but that stuff can come back in your face sometimes.
Charlie complained to Jose about his racking. The official racked and Jose cracked 5 balls in on the snap.