Attn: Brunswick Titlist guru's I need some info

Killer Miller

LM Cues
Silver Member
It's definitely Ebony, I build cues and this Ebony is VERY good quality solid black.
Here are the sig pix.

Attachments

• IMG_1803_crop.jpg
    IMG_1803_crop.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1804_crop.jpg
    IMG_1804_crop.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1805_crop.jpg
    IMG_1805_crop.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 239

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
That's the earliest forearm signature. The cue was likely built in the 1941 - 1945 time period. I'm leaning toward the later date since the screw in the butt appears to be a flathead- the earliest ones actually used a rounded head phillips.

I found houses on Clearfiled Ave in Norristown that were built well before that time, so it was there.

It's a nice package. Hard to value but definitely over $1000, maybe as high as $1500. Someone could look for 20 years and not find an ebony Hoppe Pro this nice that's original with two shafts and a shipping tube.

Last edited:

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess this cue should go to auction? Then you really know how much it really worth? EBAY!!!!! or I'll start a ligit bid at $800!!!

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
This cue is cool, very very cool. I'd keep it just the way it is for a very long time, better than money in the bank. I recently had Judd Fuller convert a John Davis ebony titlist tribute with ivory hoppe ring, ivory joint and black kangaroo wrap, almost looks just like this. Great find!
:D

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
That's the earliest forearm signature. The cue was likely built in the 1941 - 1945 time period. I'm leaning toward the later date since the screw in the butt appears to be a flathead- the earliest ones actually used a rounded head phillips.

I found houses on Clearfiled Ave in Norristown that were built well before that time, so it was there.

It's a nice package. Hard to value but definitely over $1000, maybe as high as $1500. Someone could look for 20 years and not find an ebony Hoppe Pro this nice that's original with two shafts and a shipping tube.

Oh great, you forgot to low-ball him! What did I tell you?

Thanks man. You are an awesome resource.

Kevin

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Very nice.....one of the best I've ever seen !!

Hi Sean, good seeing you post, hope all is well.

Just want to add it's hard guessing the what the auction values are on cues that don't change hands very often. Behind the scenes I'\ve been involved with 3 or 4 ebony Hoppe sales or acquistitions. The average is probably in the $900 to $1000 range. Add for condition, originality, provenance (the tube), the extra shafts, ivory ferrules, what looks like little use of the cue, and you have a very nice collector piece here.

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member

I would set a World Record with this cue on eBay. I'd get on the cover of eBay Monthly Magazine (again) with this cue.

Kevin

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I would set a World Record with this cue on eBay. I'd get on the cover of eBay Monthly Magazine (again) with this cue.

Kevin

You hold the record as far as I know - what was it, $55,000 on that Gus? That was more than condo's in Palm Springs were selling for at the time.

I'm still blown away. You're the heavyweight champ as far as I'm concerned.

Killer Miller

LM Cues
Silver Member
Thanks Tate! You really are a huge help. I guess that I have to do some soul searching now to see if I want to hold on to a piece of billiard history or let a collector put it with his other fine cues.
Thanks,
Larry

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Thanks Tate! You really are a huge help. I guess that I have to do some soul searching now to see if I want to hold on to a piece of billiard history or let a collector put it with his other fine cues.
Thanks,
Larry

Personally, I would keep this one. Anybody into pool who visits you would love to see this one with the shipping tube.

As a collector's item, it has a lot of bang for the buck. If you get $1200 or $1500 for it, you'll soon forget that money and big deal - then regret selling your unique cue. You could spend that much on a plain jane Tad and everybody has seen hundreds of them. But not too many have seen an ebony Willie Hoppe pro as sold during WWII.