Az Members who build their own cues please post photo's of your new and old work!!!!

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Cooked maple shaft. Just sprayed

What are you using on the double black to get it so nice? While mine does machine well, I've been having to use a base layer of black expoxy over it to get that deep black wet look like you've got there..

bigdaddydave

My first attempt at threading. I’m going to see how a .375 threaded tenon works with a tomahawk ferrule. I forgot to chamfer the tenon before threading, so when I attempted chamfering after threading, it chipped the threads out. Learning as I go.

Attachments

• IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 25

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
My first attempt at threading. I’m going to see how a .375 threaded tenon works with a tomahawk ferrule. I forgot to chamfer the tenon before threading, so when I attempted chamfering after threading, it chipped the threads out. Learning as I go.
If you have a live threader, my flat bottom carbide threader works great for 10 to 18 tpi.

Attachments

• IMG020240217_234726.jpeg
    IMG020240217_234726.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 20

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
What are you using on the double black to get it so nice? While mine does machine well, I've been having to use a base layer of black expoxy over it to get that deep black wet look like you've got there..
Bsi.finish cure epoxy.
This is from my own tube.
Not from warther or Atlas .
I sold lots of them before here.
But, I'm sold out now