AZB Warning Email.

technoid101

"fades in, fades out"
I recieved an email from AZBilliards.com saying that there was a failed login attempt of my account, (these fourms) It provided the IP address of the attempting source. Would someone please enlighten me here, is this a hack or did I just forget my password one time too many?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recieved an email from AZBilliards.com saying that there was a failed login attempt of my account, (these fourms) It provided the IP address of the attempting source. Would someone please enlighten me here, is this a hack or did I just forget my password one time too many?
check and see if that is your IP address

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
IP addresses change periodically (dynamic IP) though so it may not match but could still be from OP's computer.

Why would a "hacker" want access to your AZB account?

Its the Russians coming to get us in our own Pool Rooms!

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
Paste this into google and you'll get a bunch of places that will tell you where the ip is: trace ip address choose one or try a couple and you'll get a bunch if information about the address.

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would also add that if you truly are concerned by this that you should change your password and make it a strong password (one not easy to guess)

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
IP addresses change periodically (dynamic IP) though so it may not match but could still be from OP's computer.

Poolkiller or MC5 might want it...

:p

Niteman

Registered
I got the same message traced the ip to cali. Then saw it was same isp and service type, I use commercial business internet for my home service Figured Comcast had a server issue near me and offloaded my connection to another server.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Many people use the same passwords on multiple accounts.

nateobot

Undercover FBI Agent
Silver Member
Many people use the same passwords on multiple accounts.

Correct. I watched an interview with a hacker and he said a lot of times they hit messageboards and simply take the username/email/passwords out of the database and leave no trace behind. They take these lists and use them to gain access to financial institutions as people frequently will use the same email or account name/password combo on all their favorite sites.

technoid101

"fades in, fades out"
Thanks

Sometimes people just do stuff to see what happens. I got two of the warnings each stating a separate IP. No big deal just curious. Thanks for the (snort) information!