AZBilliards - BCA 9-Ball Tournament

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
Just going to throw this idea out there and see if it takes off or not.

The AZBilliards room is conveniently located above a stretch of tables in the second room. At 1:00am those tables get very little use.

What about having a 1st annual AZBilliards-BCA 10-Ball tournament? Race to 6 - double elimination tournament.

Matches could be played from 1 to 3am on the tables just below the AZBilliards room so we can all marvel at each others skills? (Or get a good laugh). We would not need assigned tables. The two players match would be announced in the AZBilliards room and they would go find a "open" table to play the match. (Hopefully just below the AZBilliards room so we can all watch...;)

Matches could be played over a two or three night period. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...If we run out of time on the first night, the next night we pick up where we left off...(I suppose two players could play thier match during the day if they were both available and could find an open table...(or play it in the AZBilliards room)

Once the matches are down to the final 12 players, matches could be played in the AZbilliards room....A time could be posted so that everyone could come watch...(Yes I belive the table in the AZBilliards room is a 9ft, but I don't think that will be an issue for anyone that posts on this forum)

Tournament Board would have Screen Names (& optional real name) so we know who we are watching.

If there is enough interest we could hold two tournaments so that players that are only going to be there for the team events would still have a chance to play in one of the tournaments.

I think all we would need is permission from Mike to keep the AZBilliards room open at that time of night, someone with a computer to do the brackets (and or someone to bring a tournament board sheet)

Perhaps some of the ?industry? posters might want to donate some prizes either for a player drawing or tournament winners.

I am thinking a $25 entry? if we get 64 players, that is a $1600 prize fund....(I personally would say make it $50, but I think we should keep it friendly since I expect there to be a farily large variance in skill levels that would like to play)

As I see it, I will be up anyway from 1-3am I might as well play pool with friends instead of gamble?.. (Besides?I really do want to see how well some of you actually play):eek:

My thoughts are for qualification, a poster will need to be in good standing...(not banned) and have 50 posts (before this thread was started)...Other than that...If Earl Strickland wants to sign up under his user name...he is in!!!

So....Thoughts?????

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beware_of_Dawg said:
I didnt know there was a AZBilliards room... where is it?

Man..I was mesmerized there for a good 5 min with your post. Gonna go get a drink of water... :p

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah there would be alot of factors coming into play which may make it tough. Tourney play schedules late into evening or early AM for players, my need of beauty sleep, the call of the Jagermeister, etc. Sounds like a fun idea though.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
I'm in Ken... I need a little revenge after you gave me 4th place on Monday at Metro.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stuckart said:
I'm in Ken... I need a little revenge after you gave me 4th place on Monday at Metro.
Why would you want revenge? He GAVE it to you. Talk about ungrateful. Geez :D:D:D:D

BVal

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Lee said:
Wow Todd...I guess I must have missed some posts. When did you move from WA to Bakersfield?:eek: :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Guess you must have missed some. Hehe.

My company wanted me to move to Bakersfield to work out of our growing office here. I said show me the money and they stepped up to the plate. So here I am. Was coming down every other week from November through the new year and then moved my stuff down in January. Been in town till now. Not a bad place I guess. Met some nice people so far.

Leagues should be starting up again in May or so. So I will get on a BCA and maybe APA again if I can stand it. No weekly bar tourneys in town which is a drag. I might have to start one up somewhere.

Flettir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could see this happening during the team events but during the open individual events there just is not time for this. You get done late and have to return early, don't have time for a second tourney.

Even though it would be fun and I do like the idea of an AZ member tournement.

Maybe I will see some of you in the AZ room and get a game in there with you.

Flettir

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
If we started it on Sunday Night I think it would work. Most of the singles and scotch teams would be down to a much smaller field. If you were still in the events you could just opt out of this.

Team's doesn't start until Wednesday morning, so hopefully we could finish by Monday night????

Flettir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Cue Ball

UWPoolGod1 said:
No weekly bar tourneys in town which is a drag. I might have to start one up somewhere.

Come down to The Cue Ball on Sunday night. Starts at 7ish. Mainly BCA players in it.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
BRKNRUN said:
Just going to throw this idea out there and see if it takes off or not.

The AZBilliards room is conveniently located above a stretch of tables in the second room. At 1:00am those tables get very little use.

What about having a 1st annual AZBilliards-BCA 10-Ball tournament? Race to 6 - double elimination tournament.

Matches could be played from 1 to 3am on the tables just below the AZBilliards room so we can all marvel at each others skills? (Or get a good laugh). We would not need assigned tables. The two players match would be announced in the AZBilliards room and they would go find a "open" table to play the match. (Hopefully just below the AZBilliards room so we can all watch...;)

Matches could be played over a two or three night period. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...If we run out of time on the first night, the next night we pick up where we left off...(I suppose two players could play thier match during the day if they were both available and could find an open table...(or play it in the AZBilliards room)

Once the matches are down to the final 12 players, matches could be played in the AZbilliards room....A time could be posted so that everyone could come watch...(Yes I belive the table in the AZBilliards room is a 9ft, but I don't think that will be an issue for anyone that posts on this forum)

Tournament Board would have Screen Names (& optional real name) so we know who we are watching.

If there is enough interest we could hold two tournaments so that players that are only going to be there for the team events would still have a chance to play in one of the tournaments.

I think all we would need is permission from Mike to keep the AZBilliards room open at that time of night, someone with a computer to do the brackets (and or someone to bring a tournament board sheet)

Perhaps some of the ?industry? posters might want to donate some prizes either for a player drawing or tournament winners.

I am thinking a $25 entry? if we get 64 players, that is a $1600 prize fund....(I personally would say make it $50, but I think we should keep it friendly since I expect there to be a farily large variance in skill levels that would like to play)

As I see it, I will be up anyway from 1-3am I might as well play pool with friends instead of gamble?.. (Besides?I really do want to see how well some of you actually play):eek:

My thoughts are for qualification, a poster will need to be in good standing...(not banned) and have 50 posts (before this thread was started)...Other than that...If Earl Strickland wants to sign up under his user name...he is in!!!

So....Thoughts?????

So....Thoughts?????=Great idea

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
stuckart said:
If we started it on Sunday Night I think it would work. Most of the singles and scotch teams would be down to a much smaller field. If you were still in the events you could just opt out of this.

Team's doesn't start until Wednesday morning, so hopefully we could finish by Monday night????

That is kind of what I was origonally thinking.

Sunday, Monday Nights.

Perhaps shorten the race to 5 (or it could be even be a single elim tournament). This is all open to suggestions.

Tuesday is an off day, so Monday Night could go later to get down to the final 12 and then the matches could be scheduled during the Tuesday "off day" in the AZBilliards room, or later in the week as necessary.

(Lots of options)

The tournament board would be posted in the AZBilliards room and we could play the bulk of matches on Suday night and Monday night starting at midnight.

If a player happens to be in a BCA match we can play around that until he/she is available to play. I think the last scheduled matches for the night are at 11:00pm... I would imagine that most are completed by 1:00at the latest.

The cut off for Sunday night would be last match starting at 2:30am...the rest of the matches would be played the follwoing night starting at midnight..(or after your last BCA match)

Just trying to see if there is enough interest. I am farily sure I can locate a tournamant sheet or two to bring with me to post in the room.

If someone has a lap top that has a tournament bracket with auto draw, that would be even better...(we can then transfer the info to the board to be posted somewhere)

bullshooter69

Dirt Road Player
Silver Member
I like the idea but try this on for size. Have smaller tournements that lets say you take 8 players. Ten dollar entry take the top two bring them back for the final tournement. No pay back on the 8 man bracket when someone qualifies they dont need to play again. You could run 3-4 tournements a day and then Monday have the finals after you get 32 players. Pay back all they money from the smaller tournements.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Ken - I'll have my laptop with me and I have a few different tournament programs, with autodraw and table assignments. It's pretty easy.

And if no one spills on my laptop this time that would be great as well.

I ran The Sets $500 added tourney this past weekend in Tempe and some chic knocked her entire soda on my open laptop. I looked over and saw 2 people holding my laptop upside down and watched it drip. Somehow it didn't shutoff or anything. Man was I pissed! All is still working, somehow!

Firecracker

aka Crackalackin
Silver Member
BRKNRUN said:
Tuesday is an off day, so Monday Night could go later to get down to the final 12 and then the matches could be scheduled during the Tuesday "off day" in the AZBilliards room, or later in the week as necessary.
Keep in mind Tuesday is not an off day for players doing well in singles and/or scotch doubles. If you play during the day, you may have to schedule around some players matches.

I like to idea though and anytime through singles I am up for playing late.