"B" Players.................. just sayin....

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was one of the people up also , {I was painting my toenails}.
When I first got to Arizona I felt well enough to play in a small tournament .
They asked what rating I was and since I had never been rated before I asked for a list of criteria.
They gave me a listing from 1 to 10 with varying skill sets like can't bank at all , makes 1 bank out of 3 , makes every bank they see .
can't make a ball hanging in the hole , makes 3 in a row almost every trip to the table and never missed a ball since 1970.
I told the guy I would be a weak 4 or one of the strongest 3s ever.
Of course he thought I was joking.
It's funny how almost everyone in the pool world, will say how bad you play , until it is time to match up.
Then all of a sudden you have this great stroke and never miss a ball and play safeties like a roadman.
Heck, a few times they even convinced me.
Hang in there Joey, maybe you should go back to the basics and figure out where you lost it.
Sometimes you can have too much info, and you lose your feel.
Good luck, even if you are fishin.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
joey, where do you play in n.o?

what kind of tables?

i'm from b.r.

Buffalo Billiards in Metairie, LA

9' Diamond Tables mostly, but they also have a few Valley car tables.

And you?

JoeyA

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buffalo Billiards in Metairie, LA

9' Diamond Tables mostly, but they also have a few Valley car tables.

And you?

JoeyA

Mostly Clicks in b.r. A lot of 8+ tables and occasionally I get on the 9' if its not occupied. All brunswick medalist.

Just starting playing again after a 10+yr hiatus from around the time I got out of college.

I'm looking at either a 9' GC-3 or maybe a diamond pro-am. A lot of bucks for the diamond, not sure if i'm ready to cough up the $ for it. I did get some quotes from Diamond today. 2500 for the GC-3, new simonis and cushion. For a lowly C player(on a good day), it would be embarrassing to tell someone I have a diamond table at home.

go with the GC3? You ever heard of BigT pool shop from B.R?

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
We all hit Slumps Joey...

I know its been a few years since I've been down Louisiana way, but I can't imagine too many B players given you a hard time in the long haul...It's a slump, you'll pull out of it...

Jaden

JoeyA

Silver Member
Hate to say it but ever since you started the juicing things have went to sh1t.... Get back on the Chinese herbs.

Now that you mention it, you're right. Damn, no wonder the smooth criminal hangs on your every word.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Mostly Clicks in b.r. A lot of 8+ tables and occasionally I get on the 9' if its not occupied. All brunswick medalist.

Just starting playing again after a 10+yr hiatus from around the time I got out of college.

I'm looking at either a 9' GC-3 or maybe a diamond pro-am. A lot of bucks for the diamond, not sure if i'm ready to cough up the $ for it. I did get some quotes from Diamond today. 2500 for the GC-3, new simonis and cushion. For a lowly C player(on a good day), it would be embarrassing to tell someone I have a diamond table at home.

go with the GC3? You ever heard of BigT pool shop from B.R?

There is a Gold Crown IV at Buffalo Billiard for similar pricing if you are interested. It is in VERY good shape. The owner wants to have all 9' Diamond tables as he has this one Brunswick table and wants them to look the same and play the same. If you are interested in the GCIV, let me know and I will get some pictures or you can just come down and visit. There are people who can move the table for you and this is all ORIGINAL cushions. The table doesn't get played on very much because it does play different than the Diamonds.

JoeyA

Haven't heard of BigT pool shop.

JoeyA

Silver Member
I know its been a few years since I've been down Louisiana way, but I can't imagine too many B players given you a hard time in the long haul...It's a slump, you'll pull out of it...

Jaden

Jaden,
I'm no Frank Almaza. I guess I'm done.

JoeyA

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
It's 3:38 am Sunday morning. Almost time to go to church.

I noticed that there are still a few people awake this time of morning. JAM ought to be getting up at any moment. JoeyA, 1shot, ABall, Blue Hog ridr, bmsclayton, book collector, DaddysVisa, dontlitethat, dorabelle, gopi-1, hennryhill, kvinbrwr, Limpkinw, markpatrick, mortuarymike-nv, Playin4Dinner, PocketSpeed11, SeanChamp, semoquer, TelcoMan, Tickets, Toncam, victorl, vincentwu817, Z.X (yOU PEOPLE OUGHT TO GET SOME REST)

Me, I'm just getting back from a pool tournament with my son. 50 something players and I come in 7th and get 25 dollars for my trouble. Too bad the Calcutta and entry fee totaled 80 dollars.

I'm playing worse every day. This is a B players tournament and I feel like that Mick Jagger song "I can't get no satisfaction".

If you're a "B" player I'm ready to go off for some big dough.

JoeyA
What speed are you Joey?

DocHutch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Joey,

As you know, I am not known to gamble. Also, I have seen you play recently. I don't known the ins and outs of gambling, but with a thread like this you may be opening up the door to some action. CAUTION!!!!!! Don't let them sucker you into a 1-pocket game right now!

Jamie

JoeyA

Silver Member
Joey,

As you know, I am not known to gamble. Also, I have seen you play recently. I don't known the ins and outs of gambling, but with a thread like this you may be opening up the door to some action. CAUTION!!!!!! Don't let them sucker you into a 1-pocket game right now!

Jamie

Yesterday, I played the best I've played in 6 months. I still only managed to get 8th place in the B player's tournament. I am just lucky that none of those one pocket playing guys in Baton Rouge asked me to gamble. It's probably for the best, I am saving money by not doing any gambling. It's all good though.

Chris Husser knocked me over to the one loss side with a couple of serious "outs". I played very good against him but he played equally well against me and edged me out 3-2. My final match was with another older guy who had run out of gas like me and we played a horrible match but we finally go to hill-hill and I shot the 8 in the hold and the cue ball caromed into the side pocket. What a night!

Afterwards I went to McDonalds at 3:30 am (yes they were open) to get some coffee and use the restroom before the trip home and only the drive thru was open so I got some of that LAW-SUIT HOT COFFEE which I couldn't sip until I got to Gonzales. I stopped back at Bayou Billiards to use the restroom and they had already locked the doors so I headed home and made it in the door at 5:00 am and tried to sneak in quietly but the wife was already in position at the kitchen table with that "you know what look". :D

Today was a good day. Joe bought a work bench from Charley Frank's estate and the bench had to weigh two hundred pounds or more. It took a few hours of mule labor but we got it to his house. I believe Joe has aspirations to carve decoys the way his Great-grandfather made them.

I'm going to redouble my efforts with the juicing. I brought 16 oz of Super Green Juice with me but think I need 32 oz in the future. The SAW said I should get rid of the juice and go back to the herbal supplements. :lmao:

JoeyA

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Keep it up Joey. Im sure the field at Bayou was 5 times tougher than it was at White Diamonds yesterday!

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Joey,

Jamie

Amen!!!! Doc. You arent playing in the Tour?

DocHutch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Amen!!!! Doc. You arent playing in the Tour?

Between family and work, I don't get many weekends available. When I wish to play in a tournament, I have to plan months in advance. Not only have I not had a chance to play in a tour event yet, my son has a Judo tournament on the day of the finals. I am saving my next "fun" tournament weekend for White Diamonds. Hope to see you there again.

Jamie "DocHutch"

8onthebreak

THE WORLD IS YOURS
Silver Member
5-colorful-smalll-classic-9cm-8-5g-minnow.jpg

Took me a second, lol