Ball Position Markers

Zerksies

With the amount of tournamnets and leagues going or even cash games, I am surprised Position markers are really not a big thing. I don't see any on the major pool supply sites.

I found a few on amazon for under $10 and bought one for shits and giggles. Balls do get dirty or have marks on them from time to time. I'm also using it for double uses. I don't have a pocket marker so I'll use it for dual uses.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the amount of tournamnets and leagues going or even cash games, I am surprised Position markers are really not a big thing. I don't see any on the major pool supply sites.

I found a few on amazon for under $10 and bought one for shits and giggles. Balls do get dirty or have marks on them from time to time. I'm also using it for double uses. I don't have a pocket marker so I'll use it for dual uses.

I don't know that I can think of a single time in 50 years that I've ever needed a ball marker in pool.

If a ball needs to be wiped off, I tend to do it between racks, not during. Hell, touching a ball during a game could easily constitute a foul if you didn't have your opponent's permission to do so, or a referee to do it for you.

Occasionally someone will want to move a template rack during the game, but even that doesn't pose a problem and if a ball were sitting on the rack, a marker wouldn't help…

To each their own though…

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know that I can think of a single time in 50 years that I've ever needed a ball marker in pool.

If a ball needs to be wiped off, I tend to do it between racks, not during. Hell, touching a ball during a game could easily constitute a foul if you didn't have your opponent's permission to do so, or a referee to do it for you.

Occasionally someone will want to move a template rack during the game, but even that doesn't pose a problem and if a ball were sitting on the rack, a marker wouldn't help…

To each their own though…
All we need is slow the game down even more. we used to wet the tip of a finger and make a little mark if/when cb needed to be wiped off.

ThaydenNEK

I think we are talking about Sharkmarks? Maybe..That can be use as a practice aid or for some of those Artistic pool card games. I thought about get a pack for practice. They seem use full and you don't have to mark up your table.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ag.jpg