Barry retiring from us open

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe that someone on this board predicted this. I don't recall which thread it was in.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Retiring?

I read where he is "turning over" the tournament to Pat Fleming.
It seems Behrman would still "own" the US Open.
That could mean, although he might be in the background, he still has a say on how he wants things done.
So Pat might be faced with the same problem Jay encountered?

thintowin

thin2win
Silver Member
barry deserves to be allowed to withdraw from the spotlight of "his tournment" without being second guessed or have aspersions to his reason(s) for doing so. lets adopt a wait and see approach before we assign any conspiracy theories to his actions.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe that someone on this board predicted this. I don't recall which thread it was in.

Yes there was as thier were rumors swirling in the wind so it would not be surprising at all
Although it remains to be seen if he still has role moving forward I would suspect he will

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, hopefully things will come out OK.

You can always bet the sun will shine; somewhere. We all know it will rain someday. Supposedly it's darkest before the dawn & things will change sooner or later....

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I don't think Pat has to depend on "The Open" for his DVD's. If I'm not mistaken Accu-Stats has the DCC, TS, and his own "Make It Happen", plus whatever he shoots at his own tv table at Sandcastles in NJ. I think the open might just go away. Johnnyt

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think Pat has to depend on "The Open" for his DVD's. If I'm not mistaken Accu-Stats has the DCC, TS, and his own "Make It Happen", plus whatever he shoots at his own tv table at Sandcastles in NJ. I think the open might just go away. Johnnyt

Accu-Stats does not cover Turning Stone.
The US Open 9-Ball, DCC, and the "Make-It-Happen" events are presently the only ones covered.

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If accurate, I wish Barry well. He certainly has brought controversy to the event for the last 40 years not withstanding this years event. Everyone blasted him, probably he deserved some of it, but it was his baby and he ran with it with passion for a long period. I HOPE someone takes the U.S Open on and continues its tradition. I really don't know who would be able to do so. Just when the prize money was starting to get right Barry lets it go. Maybe that is his reasoning. An interview with him with honest tough but fair questions would go a long way to clearing up the 2015 Open.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Accu-Stats does not cover Turning Stone.
The US Open 9-Ball, DCC, and the "Make-It-Happen" events are presently the only ones covered.

Accu Stats was at Turning Stone once back in Summer of 2007. Lots of big names in that one. I did see Pat observing the action at the last Turning Stone that Jayson Shaw did his 3-peat. Hopefully they will be back soon now that the event has points attached to it, drawing bigger names.

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
The real question is......who is dumb enough to give pool players 75K in added money?

Just put a pencil to it.....recovering 25 thousand is almost impossible....much less 50K.